• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors #10 in Forbes Franchise Value

#10 Toronto Raptors
    Team Value: $399 mil

Full financials for the Raptors:
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/32/...rs_321933.html

Interesting to see the profit margins stagnate and dip as the payroll increased from 2007 to 2009...revenue stayed essentially the same. Need a winning product to increase the revenue...based on this alone it was time for a reboot of the roster.

Also note the sharp increase in profit since BC took over.
    Last edited by Raptoronto; Thu Jan 27, 2011, 06:08 PM.

Given the shaky American economy I could see them climbing the "leader board". Wish I had $400M in spare change.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Given the shaky American economy I could see them climbing the "leader board". Wish I had $400M in spare change.
      I'll go halve-sies with you.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
        I'll go halve-sies with you.
        I'll take 1% and give 1% back to MLSE for heels on the floor season tickets.

Comment

Raptoronto wrote: View Post
          I'll take 1% and give 1% back to MLSE for heels on the floor season tickets.
          You do realize 1% of $200 million is $2 million. That's a hell of a lot to pay for floor seats!
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Interestingly, the worst year under Colangelo, revenue-wise, was the year they won the Atlantic Division. Obviously there are numerous other factors, but it is interesting. Then again, the only year revenue went down was when they missed the playoffs after making it 2 years in a row.

I think this shows how little Colangelo's job is in jeopardy. Revenue and franchise value has never been as higher than under Colangelo.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Two. Sides to a coin

A company like Rogers would not try to buy the whole thing if the business wasn't very profitable

Comment

And hopefully this puts to complete rest the moronic opinion that Toronto might end up losing the Raptors
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

im not surprised by this, even with canadian taxes the raps make it to the top ten. we have a great fanbase and a nice big metropolitan city.
                  after mexico city, new york, LA, chicago, miami and philly we are the next biggest metropolitan area in north america.
                  http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    You do realize 1% of $200 million is $2 million. That's a hell of a lot to pay for floor seats!
                    1% x $399m = $3.9m...1% x $3.9m would be $39,000...but thank you for making me clarify. Buzz kill.

Comment

And hopefully this puts to complete rest the moronic opinion that Toronto might end up losing the Raptors
                      DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

+ biggest number you can imagine

Comment

1% x $399m = $3.9m...1% x $3.9m would be $39,000...but thank you for making me clarify. Buzz kill.
                        Oh, well then. Never mind.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Seriously, NBA fans south of the border see us as a top 5 contraction option. Annoying but we need to win to make the blind see (or spam all NBA related websites with this link!).

Comment

Now imagine if there were a, say, a perennial playoff team at the ACC?

Comment

Seriously, NBA fans south of the border see us as a top 5 contraction option. Annoying but we need to win to make the blind see (or spam all NBA related websites with this link!).
                              Is it the fans or the media?

Comment

Working...
                              X