Time to trade Bargnani and rebuild!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to trade Bargnani and rebuild!

The core of Bargnani/Derozan/Calderon is not working so its time to blow up the roster and start drafting well.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6yyz9yc

Raps get Steph Curry and a lot more expirings.

Golden State gets Bargnani who should fit into their system, and young talent.

Atlanta gets a good point guard who can actually make plays.

Chicago gets the shooting guard they have been begging for.

Comments and more trades.

While there is no doubt Bargnani/DD/Jose are far from untouchable it is another thing to say time to blow up the roster and start drafting well.

First off - DD is 21 and is showing significant strides in his development in spite of a poor showing vs. MIN. He was also drafted at 9 two drafts ago. Last draft a guy by the name of Ed Davis was picked at 13. It seems to me the Raps have drafted well even if someone says, "Yeah but they should have taken...." Hindsight is 20/20. They have drafted well the last 2 years. End of story.

Secondly, blow up the roster. You don't think trading JJ, Anderson, Banks, Hedo, Bellinelli, and watching CB4 go via free agency was a good start? Do you realize the trade deadline is 24 days away? Do you realize the draft is 5 months away? Lets see what happens.

We are 7 months in to a rebuild. Relax. Making drastic changes every 7 months is a good way to make sure they never go anywhere. The excess fat is already gone.

Comment

Well, they are actually rebuilding, but I get your point.

Chicago would not trade Taj Gibson and Corey Brewer for Jamaal Crawford. not in a million years. I'd rather have either one of those players than Crawford. Crawford gives you scoring. That's it. And he's a volume scorer, meaning he's not great playing with other guys that need the ball, like Derrick Rose.

Taj Gibson is a legit big man who rebounds, defends and can score, plus he's a smart player. And Brewer is one of the best defender at his position.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        While there is no doubt Bargnani/DD/Jose are far from untouchable it is another thing to say time to blow up the roster and start drafting well.

First off - DD is 21 and is showing significant strides in his development in spite of a poor showing vs. MIN. He was also drafted at 9 two drafts ago. Last draft a guy by the name of Ed Davis was picked at 13. It seems to me the Raps have drafted well even if someone says, "Yeah but they should have taken...." Hindsight is 20/20. They have drafted well the last 2 years. End of story.

Secondly, blow up the roster. You don't think trading JJ, Anderson, Banks, Hedo, Bellinelli, and watching CB4 go via free agency was a good start? Do you realize the trade deadline is 24 days away? Do you realize the draft is 5 months away? Lets see what happens.

We are 7 months in to a rebuild. Relax. Making drastic changes every 7 months is a good way to make sure they never go anywhere. The excess fat is already gone.
        Boom. Home run.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Boom. Home run.
          Wrong sport?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Wrong sport?
            No Joey. Boom goes the dynamite.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no

Comment

Working...