No announcement yet.

Keeping DeRozen means Moving Bargs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont trade the guy just move him to the bench where he belongs as a sixth man. He played great coming off the bench in his first and second seasons.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Best to let Bargnani continue to develop and pad those stats. The longer he establishes how he's been scoring, the more he improves on D and the boards the more value he will have. Hell, there's a possibility he develops into a Dirk Nowitzki type player. MVP caliber play would add excellent value to this team.
      wont happen cant happen. To think he will become anything more than the offensive side of Dirk 50 times a season is a serious lack of judgment. Physically he does have the tools but does not have the desire. The pattern is clear by now.

Having him 'develop' and 'pad his stats' is fundamentally wrong for a team which wants to become and Atlanta or OKC
      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
        Why would Ed Davis and Demar Derozan want to take the 3 year contract extension after the expiration of their rookie contracts for a team not committed to winning, no accountability and favoritism? Two more players leaving the Raptors in a few years if BC, MG and Bargs is till here. My two cents.
        I agree - it has to be nauseating to set up so many offensive sets and run plays for a guy (bargs) who takes so many nights off. And yet is not held accountable. There is a two tiered level of excellence require 1) for bargs 2) for everyone else... big time C'ya from those guys if he remains.

Comment

you don't sell when the value is low... or else you end up with a pair of williamses and a player who refuses to even show up.

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
            matt52, again please show me where i said you need a DOMINANT big man ? where on earth did i say that ?

i said you cant have a weak centre, and to be more clear i was talking about defensively....

but please show me where i said you need a superstar or dominant big man which is what you claimed i said.

there's ways to make arguments and then there's your way which wouldn't even pass for a 4 year old.
            Seems like you are a little impulsive on the replies. My apologies for the delay but life sometimes gets in the way.

Also, when your arguments infer someone is a 4 year old, credibility is lost.

You have a number of replies which I will not get to.

The Piston and Bulls made a great teams around who they had and did so in unconventional or non-traditional ways (Bulls - no great PG, no great C and Pistons - no superstar player). At no point did I say you said anything about PG's or C's. I answered you question with another question but I gave the answer. If you can't connect the dots, I will work on clarification in the future.

My point with the Raps is they could win with Bargnani depending on who his teammates are and what team they have. Obviously they won't right now. But in time they could. He was a member of an Atlantic division championship team - no reason why it couldn't happen again.

The fact remains this is a rebuild and trading Bargnani now hardly makes any sense given his BYC status and his current slump.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              you don't sell when the value is low... or else you end up with a pair of williamses and a player who refuses to even show up.
              Yes wait until off season draft labor issues resolved. There is not point in trading him now or firing Jay. Just roll with it for a few more months but don't run so much offense through him.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                If there is a right offer why not?
                What do you think that is? What if teams around the league think of Bargnani like most of the fans do? If you were an NBA GM what would you offer for him while keeping in mind your current opinion of how he must be traded ASAP because you don't like his game.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  What do you think that is? What if teams around the league think of Bargnani like most of the fans do? If you were an NBA GM what would you offer for him while keeping in mind your current opinion of how he must be traded ASAP because you don't like his game.
                  Dude, you're not making any sense. The only reason we don't want him here is because we don't like his game, not because he doesn't fit in this system. He cannot carry the scoring load every single, that's a fact. He might have success elsewhere, but I can guarantee you it ain't getting non of that here.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                    Dude, you're not making any sense. The only reason we don't want him here is because we don't like his game, not because he doesn't fit in this system. He cannot carry the scoring load every single, that's a fact. He might have success elsewhere, but I can guarantee you it ain't getting non of that here.
                    yes and this does not have to happen ASAP - but it needs to be understood by the brain trust that the fan base here can't watch him anymore. He and we all need a change.

Comment

Working...
                    X