This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    It doesn't happen magically. You just need 35+ minutes of GUARANTEED playing time and jacking 20+ field goal attempts every game. If any player is given this much scoring slack, they too can average 15-30 points. Being efficient however, now that's difficult.
    Right, as if you've played in the NBA. "Anybody" can score. OK buddy. Did you even play high school ball? i doubt it.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Don't ever compare Amir and Bargs. That is like comparing heineken and schlitz. Amir has very very very little offense, poor foul shooter, no perimeter game, very bad man defender, and bad help defender.
      Very little offense? Amir's post game is much better than Andrea's. His FG% is 3rd in the NBA. As for poor foul shooter - he's shooting 80% on the season. I would hardly consider that poor.
      He's probably one of the best defenders on this team - if not THE best defender on the team. He plays with a lot of heart and hustle and does not give up on plays.
      I stick up a lot for Andrea, but shit, the past couple of games, he's looked really horrible. There's a reason why Triano sat him on the bench for extended periods in favour of Davis last night.

Comment

Right, as if you've played in the NBA. "Anybody" can score. OK buddy. Did you even play high school ball? i doubt it.
        He averages close to 22 shots per game. If you make less than 50 % of them, you can still averge 20 ppg.

Your first comment and your second comment have no correlation to each other. What does BOS having or having not played HS ball have to do with it?

Comment

Don't ever compare Amir and Bargs. That is like comparing heineken and schlitz. Amir has very very very little offense, poor foul shooter, no perimeter game, very bad man defender, and bad help defender.
          Seriously, do you even watch the games?

Whether you want to admit it or not, finishing around the basket is as much of a skill as hitting the outside jumper, and Amir excels at that. In fact he KILLS Bargs at finishing around the rim, despite having fewer of his buckets in that area assisted on (all this from 82games). Helps that he gets his shot blocked in there a lot less too. So again, if finishing at the rim isn't something that requires skill, why do we rarely see Bargs taking the ball inside or rolling off of picks?

As for poor foul shooter, it's .817 to .795. Not a big difference.

No perimeter game? Mostly true, though he's getting much better at hitting the jumper when defenses sag. In fact his eFG& is only .32 behind Bargs in that area.

And lastly as for no help or man defense, well, by just about every statistical measure you're just flat out wrong on that one, and actually watching a game or two should confirm it for you.

Comment

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
            Seriously, do you even watch the games?

Whether you want to admit it or not, finishing around the basket is as much of a skill as hitting the outside jumper, and Amir excels at that. In fact he KILLS Bargs at finishing around the rim, despite having fewer of his buckets in that area assisted on (all this from 82games). Helps that he gets his shot blocked in there a lot less too. So again, if finishing at the rim isn't something that requires skill, why do we rarely see Bargs taking the ball inside or rolling off of picks?

As for poor foul shooter, it's .817 to .795. Not a big difference.

No perimeter game? Mostly true, though he's getting much better at hitting the jumper when defenses sag. In fact his eFG& is only .32 behind Bargs in that area.

And lastly as for no help or man defense, well, by just about every statistical measure you're just flat out wrong on that one, and actually watching a game or two should confirm it for you.
            Fully agree.
            Way too critical of Amir's game, Multi.
            He's our BEST inside presense from both sides of the floor. Though their games are different, I'm not sure its fair to sell Amir quite as short as you have.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              He averages close to 22 shots per game. If you make less than 50 % of them, you can still averge 20 ppg.

Your first comment and your second comment have no correlation to each other. What does BOS having or having not played HS ball have to do with it?
              Hey sweet peach, it has to do with everything. Low basketball accumen and IQ which is what you and that other dude exhibit. Typical armchair critic, never played a serious game in ur life. You think it's easy to score the ball in the NBA? It's not 2K buddy. Playing on injuries is not fun, especially when the rest of your team can't pickup the scoring load.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Fully agree.
                Way too critical of Amir's game, Multi.
                He's our BEST inside presense from both sides of the floor. Though their games are different, I'm not sure its fair to sell Amir quite as short as you have.
                Sorry buddy, disagree with both you guys. Amir is a bench player, and always will be. He is foul prone (including on 3s), turnover prone, unreliable in crunch time, a poor shot blocker, a poor rebounder. Ed Davis is better than him and will eventually supplant him as he should. Amir is a dud.

Love how you guys think "scoring is easy"...so funny, i would love to play one on one against you guys, see how "easy" it is.

Comment

Love how you guys think "scoring is easy"...so funny, i would love to play one on one against you guys, see how "easy" it is.
                  I've never been on this side of the argument. I have never discounted what Bargnani brings to the table, and have ALWAYS been of the opinion that he is VERY unique and is absolutely an assett within the league. I was simply stating you are being too critical of Amirs game.

And I played Varsity ball throughout HS and College, so don't act like you're the only one who balls, Multi.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I've never been on this side of the argument. I have never discounted what Bargnani brings to the table, and have ALWAYS been of the opinion that he is VERY unique and is absolutely an assett within the league. I was simply stating you are being too critical of Amirs game.

And I played Varsity ball throughout HS and College, so don't act like you're the only one who balls, Multi.
                    That comment wasnt aimed at you joe dog, sorry about that.

Comment

Sorry buddy, disagree with both you guys. Amir is a bench player, and always will be. He is foul prone (including on 3s), turnover prone, unreliable in crunch time, a poor shot blocker, a poor rebounder. Ed Davis is better than him and will eventually supplant him as he should. Amir is a dud.

Comment

You realize that the more often you post your ridiculous assessments of Amir, the dumber you sound right? At least look up some stats before you post, it'd go a long way. I know the internet is hard, but try to keep up.

1. Amir is foul prone, I'll give you that. But so are Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Emeka Okafor, Brook Lopez, Serge Ibaka, etc. What you don't seem to be able to understand is that big men SHOULD use their fouls. It's called protecting the freaking rim, putting players that come into the paint on their asses. Let me ask you this: when was the last time you can remember that Bargs put a hard foul on someone that was driving through the lane? Sure Amir picks up dumb fouls, but he also intimidates in the lane, something that Bargs is pathetic at.

2. Turnover prone? Bargs 2.5 per game, Amir 1.1 Good call.

3. Unreliable in crunch time? Compare his clutch stats to Bargs' at 82games. Amir has higher shooting percentages, much better efficiency, more free throws, better at drawing free throws, higher net points, etc. The only thing Bargs beats him in is total points per 48 minutes (by less than 5 pts), but he needed more than double Amir's field goal attempts to do it. Another great call.

4. Poor shot blocker? He gets 1.5 per 36 mins, Bargs gets 1.1. So if Amir is poor, then Bargs is what? Pathetic?

5. Poor rebounder? Amir kills Bargs, 9.1 to 5.6 per 36 minutes. Again, if Amir is poor, then Bargs is what? Hopeless?

edit: I should have just posted the facepalm haha. Well played WhatWhat.

Comment

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
                          You realize that the more often you post your ridiculous assessments of Amir, the dumber you sound right? At least look up some stats before you post, it'd go a long way. I know the internet is hard, but try to keep up.

1. Amir is foul prone, I'll give you that. But so are Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Emeka Okafor, Brook Lopez, Serge Ibaka, etc. What you don't seem to be able to understand is that big men SHOULD use their fouls. It's called protecting the freaking rim, putting players that come into the paint on their asses. Let me ask you this: when was the last time you can remember that Bargs put a hard foul on someone that was driving through the lane? Sure Amir picks up dumb fouls, but he also intimidates in the lane, something that Bargs is pathetic at.

2. Turnover prone? Bargs 2.5 per game, Amir 1.1 Good call.

3. Unreliable in crunch time? Compare his clutch stats to Bargs' at 82games. Amir has higher shooting percentages, much better efficiency, more free throws, better at drawing free throws, higher net points, etc. The only thing Bargs beats him in is total points per 48 minutes (by less than 5 pts), but he needed more than double Amir's field goal attempts to do it. Another great call.

4. Poor shot blocker? He gets 1.5 per 36 mins, Bargs gets 1.1. So if Amir is poor, then Bargs is what? Pathetic?

5. Poor rebounder? Amir kills Bargs, 9.1 to 5.6 per 36 minutes. Again, if Amir is poor, then Bargs is what? Hopeless?

edit: I should have just posted the facepalm haha. Well played WhatWhat.
                          Typical noob posters. Some dude with no avatar and another dude with a Bayless avatar acting like they know something.

It's called Mathletics. Wayne Winston. Stats 101. Amir is not as good as Bargs, apples and oranges sweet pea.

Comment

oh, this is a "i'm better at the internet than you" argument.

nerds.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              oh, this is a "i'm better at the internet than you" argument.

nerds.
                              Typical Heinz post

funny

Comment

NERDS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X