Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakers Looking for a Trade, Would they want Barbosa !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Bynum is a personal favourite of Jerry Buss, so they're not gonna deal him for Barbosa, Amir or any combination of the two. When he's healthy (Bynum that is), he's a franchise centre.
    He is the fav of one of Jerry Buss's son who picked up in the draft. I would have agreed with you 2 month ago but after lossing to both celtics and heat in LA, I don't think Lakers has any choice.

Their stars are getting older and they need to win this year and their Only real tradeable asset is Bynum

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      If you are going to try to get Bynum, it would more than likely take something more like Barbosa, Julian Wright, and Reggie Evans/Amir Johnson. We also take Derrick Caracter or Devin Ebanks. The repeated rumours of Dwight Howard looking to bail and join the Lakers after next year are the only reason the Lakers would consider this.

Ebanks still has to develop but would fit into our plans and work as a strong wing a la Ariza. Caracter could be a great 1-2 with Ed Davis. Bynum would be good for Toronto, but as a Laker fan I am constantly frustrated with his injuries, and would be with Toronto as well.

Lakers would love Barbosa, Julian fits with their defensive wing strategy without having to be a scorer. Amir would be a fair fit with the team although Phil J. has little patience for the mental errors he makes, although the Lakers staff could help the development. Reggie would be a good energy guy for the Lakers instead and be a banger they need.
      I agree with everything you said. We loose Amir but we get back some young talents as well which fits with the direction that our team wants to go.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        I'd do Bargnani/Barbosa/Wright/Johnson/Evans for Odom/Bynum/Caracter/Ebanks/Walton.
        I don't think they are willing to move both Odom and Bynum. That would be too much change and I think Odom has been playing too good this year and is too valueable to them.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          We would have to take Walton then to make the salaries work. He is somewhat capable, but overpaid, chronically injured and not going to turn any heads wing. I would take either Caracter or Ebanks for the prospect but the Raptors would have to give up more players or LAL would be below the minimum allowed players.
          Getting back Walton does not make any sense for us unless BC is willing to buy him out ( he has 3 years left on his contract). Maybe MLSE will allow BC to buy out Walton if it gets us both Ebanks and Caracter. But isn't this too much price to pay for those guys ??

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            How about this.
            Ron Ron will be awful in Raptor Land. He needs a strong presence around him or he will loose it. Not a good match for us.

Comment

SweetRiverBaines wrote: View Post
              Any thoughts? We get a young centre prospect and the hilarity of Artest...Lakers get big time scoring punch off the bench and some cap relief...
              Again, I have to say No to Ron Ron. I rather get the youngs of the Lakers and their draft picks for next year. At the same time, I think Barbosa and AB ( yes, our own AB) will be a great punch off the bench for Lakers but then lossing Bynum and given how soft AB is can be dangerous for Lakers.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                Getting back Walton does not make any sense for us unless BC is willing to buy him out ( he has 3 years left on his contract). Maybe MLSE will allow BC to buy out Walton if it gets us both Ebanks and Caracter. But isn't this too much price to pay for those guys ??
                Exactly

Comment

Working...
                X