Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We wanted value for our #1 pick now we getting it but then again.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We wanted value for our #1 pick now we getting it but then again.....

i wanted to ask did you really wanted so be winning sporaticaly and finishing 9 AGAIN have a 13 pick AGAIN (love u ed but its luck that he was available) or have a top 5 pick while were actullay decimated by injuries but still to a certain extend give teams a run for their money ....

by the way if we were winning you all wouldn talk about calderon defense derozan consistency ou bargs lack of defense and soso.....and the only thing thats keeping me watching the games is the fact that we are in most of the games but we cant execute late in games and we lack a player that can get the space to get a game winner but come on cant say that wasnt expected ...

ab7 wrote: View Post
    i wanted to ask did you really wanted so be winning sporaticaly and finishing 9 AGAIN have a 13 pick AGAIN (love u ed but its luck that he was available) or have a top 5 pick while were actullay decimated by injuries but still to a certain extend give teams a run for their money ....

by the way if we were winning you all wouldn talk about calderon defense derozan consistency ou bargs lack of defense and soso.....and the only thing thats keeping me watching the games is the fact that we are in most of the games but we cant execute late in games and we lack a player that can get the space to get a game winner but come on cant say that wasnt expected ...
    Fans are very fickle, there's nothing new about that. Just watch the blogs and media of the losing team on this year's Superbowl on Monday. Since its inception, the team has lost its fair share of games and players. I don't blame the fan base for the frustration. However, if management really want to stem the tide of losses and player departures, they need to move past the mindset that if the team is winning, they don't hold players accountable. If player X is scoring in bunches while player Y is dishing out assists that they should be excused (and only questioned when the team is losing). You are right, fans won't question Bargnani's heart, Calderon's defence or Derozan's jumpers if the team is 36-13. However, when the team is struggling, this is where we really need to question everything. Management cannot be coerced into a short term fix hoping it just gets us in the first round.

This is why San Antonio and Utah are different than most teams (both have long-tenured coaches). They don't look at individual players and say, "well, we got into the Finals so I can negate Player X's fault because he was scoring in bunches." Sloane and Pop are the types of people that completely assesses and really puts the best players forward because they measure everything else. If they don't fit, even if they're good, they're not re-signed (see Matthews and Boozer). They have long term thinking. The Raps need this as well. We cannot judge a player based on merely scoring alone but as an entire package (all 12-15 of them).

Personally as a fan, I'm no longer content with just scoring and nothing else. This is why I found it problematic for the Raps to emulate the Suns because they would never go far with that style of play in the playoffs. The organization simply cannot fall in love with an offensive mindset and expect the team to go far (which is why the drafting of Ed Davis was such a relief for me). If we really want to do this right, draft the player that best complements the identity of the team while bringing in the appropriate veterans to boot.
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Wed Feb 2, 2011, 11:50 AM.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
    X