• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Positive from this year: Amir positively fouls alot

EDIT- he is also pretty good, and will be better when not injured
    Appreciate the effort to avoid 'hating'. I dig it man. haha
    And I agree.
    Before the season began everyone was harping BC for the contract that he signed Amir too, but now 5 mil for a legit Starting PF (or really solid Bench guy, its debatable) is looking bargain bin when you look around at some of the trash contracts out ther.

UPDATE:
    Decided to contribute my own positive for the year.. Linas going down for knee surgery! hahah I keed, I keed. But seriously, dude has horid shot selection. And I dislike him sometimes.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Feb 3, 2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

JayElZee wrote: View Post
      Not many may agree, but I'd say Calderon's revival. He is running the offense very well, is more 'daring' with his passes which has added a dimension to his play. He is also playing passable defense - not just a pylon out there. Actually, I'd say his defense warrants some recognition, positive that is.

So, most of those that would agree about Calderon's improved instantly say trade him. I say don't.

Even when rebuilding, you need steady veterans. Calderon isn't going to rock the boat about sharing minutes with developing players. We need a steady PG going forward to smoothly run the offense, which will make the learning of other young players that much better. JC isn't going to gripe about being in TO or the rebuilding process either - he'll be that professional guy. He is not going to force his short or look to bolster his own play. He really will get others involved and teach them the ropes...just look at the JC and Amir meshing well together.
      Hear, hear. Nothing to add. I am one (of the few?) who agree.

Comment

JayElZee wrote: View Post
        Not many may agree, but I'd say Calderon's revival. He is running the offense very well, is more 'daring' with his passes which has added a dimension to his play. He is also playing passable defense - not just a pylon out there. Actually, I'd say his defense warrants some recognition, positive that is.

So, most of those that would agree about Calderon's improved instantly say trade him. I say don't.

Even when rebuilding, you need steady veterans. Calderon isn't going to rock the boat about sharing minutes with developing players. We need a steady PG going forward to smoothly run the offense, which will make the learning of other young players that much better. JC isn't going to gripe about being in TO or the rebuilding process either - he'll be that professional guy. He is not going to force his short or look to bolster his own play. He really will get others involved and teach them the ropes...just look at the JC and Amir meshing well together.
        Hear, hear. Nothing to add. I am one (of the few?) who agree.

P.S. Have to add Amir as one of the positives of this year also!!

Comment

Glad to see Barbossa get mentioned. Time lost to injury is unfortunate but he's been a great spark for the team when healthy. Looking forward to seeing him play again... maybe tonight, from what I'm hearing.

Getting him in exchange for an unmotivated and poor fitting Turk? That's lemons into lemonade if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
          X