The Truth: Raptors are responsible for Kleiza's injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Thats a pretty blanket statement. Are you absolutely sure?

"Excess demand"...because of universal health care? It must then follow that the US citizen either is very healthy not to burden the health care system there or is it because 40% cant afford/dont have medical insurance.

Have a read ......

http://open.salon.com/blog/kanuk/201...th_care_system
    There is excess demand because the price of health care in this country is below the actual market clearing price. No one knows what that is for any goods & services and there is a constant search for it, but when the price is zero, there can't be anything below that.

Have a read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_clearing

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
      There is excess demand because the price of health care in this country is below the actual market clearing price. No one knows what that is for any goods & services and there is a constant search for it, but when the price is zero, there can't be anything below that.

Have a read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_clearing
      +1. I know some Canadians have to be patriotic - but what I see, I will say (I am a reality sort of guy). Couple what you said above with the renumeration package for medical doctors(who can be paid similar money with less tax burdens or more money in the U.S. for metro-centers like New York or Los Angeles or the Caribbeans with good vacations, sunny weather and coasting work due to population and nice weather(trust me the weather contributes to lower sickness rates, you only have to deal with malaria lol which is way much better than the flu) - it does not look good) and even at the equilibrium price of medical services, there is still a shortage or excess demand due to an ever shrinking supply of doctors and increase in population which makes supply and demand in opposite directions leading to more and more excess demand that might burst the Canadian healthcare system at the seams(something for Obama with his Obamacare to note) .

I will only say doctors get paid much more money, however, in places that are inaccessible like Yukon and Nunavut up North or cold and frigid Northern Ontario but at the expense of free vacations and family life coupled with a huge demand from the resident's populace as the only one or few resident physicians(place for a young doctor to cut his teeth in the profession though).

"Nuff of the Economics lecture, back to sports which we are here for.
      Last edited by smushmush; Mon Feb 7, 2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
        +1. I know some Canadians have to be patriotic - but what I see, I will say (I am a reality sort of guy). Couple what you said above with the renumeration package for medical doctors(who can be paid similar money with less tax burdens or more money in the U.S. for metro-centers like New York or Los Angeles or the Caribbeans with good vacations, sunny weather and coasting work due to population and nice weather(trust me the weather contributes to lower sickness rates, you only have to deal with malaria lol which is way much better than the flu) - it does not look good) and even at the equilibrium price of medical services, there is still a shortage or excess demand due to an ever shrinking supply of doctors and increase in population which makes supply and demand in opposite directions leading to more and more excess demand that might burst the Canadian healthcare system at the seams(something for Obama with his Obamacare to note) .

I will only say doctors get paid much more money, however, in places that are inaccessible like Yukon and Nunavut up North or cold and frigid Northern Ontario but at the expense of free vacations and family life coupled with a huge demand from the resident's populace as the only one or few resident physicians(place for a young doctor to cut his teeth in the profession though).

"Nuff of the Economics lecture, back to sports which we are here for.
        lol, dude, stick to sports. Economics and health care are not your fortes.

Comment

Working...
        X