Colangelo working the phones for Nash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Do you have history to back that up?... Because I'm betting on history not taking your side on that one.
    Only one I can think of off the top of my head is John Stockton.

Comment

Stockton only played until age 40, not 42 and he was a shadow of himself in his last playoff series.

Comment

Stockton only played until age 40, not 42 and he was a shadow of himself in his last playoff series.
        Yes, at the end he was a shadow of his former self. But being one of the greatest pure PG's ever those are pretty big expectations to live up to.

Born March 26, 1962.

Last NBA season 2002-2003.

41. We're both wrong.

Comment

Well he just turned 41 before the playoffs. His last series would be sub par for Jameer Nelson.

Comment

Well he just turned 41 before the playoffs. His last series would be sub par for Jameer Nelson.
            He still played until he was 41. As much as I hate to admit I'm wrong, I am - as are you. lol

Comment

You people are crazy for not wanting Nash to come. I think he would rather finish his career in Canada, playing with Triano who, a guy he loves, rather then going to an Atlanta. Trade for Calderon!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                He still played until he was 41. As much as I hate to admit I'm wrong, I am - as are you. lol
                Yeah, alright. So we can pick one name out of thousands. Anyone like those odds?

Comment

Yeah, alright. So we can pick one name out of thousands. Anyone like those odds?
                  No. And I am in agreement the Raps will be better in the long run without him now.

Comment

Suns Unlikely To Deal Nash

Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver and President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby have said they do not foresee trading point guard Steve Nash, who has reaffirmed a commitment and desire to stay with the Suns.

"We've already made one huge trade, and we've got to let that settle out before we do anything more, but we've always got our eyes and ears open," Babby said. "We will do our due diligence."
                    "I think we'd like to play with the guys we have," Suns coach Alvin Gentry said
                    Source: azcentral.com

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                      You people are crazy for not wanting Nash to come. I think he would rather finish his career in Canada, playing with Triano who, a guy he loves, rather then going to an Atlanta. Trade for Calderon!
                      There are reasons why Nash shouldn't come:

1) Nash would cost the Raptors picks and young players that are going to be crucial in its rebuilding process. With Nash on board we are right back to being a mediocre team again which will eliminate the chance of getting a high draft pick.

2) At 37 years of age there is no telling when Nash would hit the wall. It could happen next season.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        I don't think you factored in the fact that he is Canadian , he absolutely can play for 5 more but he may choice not to. I don't know if I would make a move for him period but if it was barg for Nash it would probably give me alot of pause to the point where I may just pull that trigger. I am not BC so I don't envy the rebuilding process.
                        This isn't hockey buddy, and the position he plays in requires the most stamina of all. Veteran Bigs generally play at their highest level for a good period of time, Guards became useless as soon as they turn 35. In Nash's case, he keeps his diet real tight and takes care of his body.

Comment

calm down bro
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                          X