No announcement yet.

Colangelo working the phones for Nash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think trading for a 37 year old hall of famer when you are trying to rebuild through the draft is the way to go. Even with Nash there is no way Toronto would beat Miami, Chicago, or Boston in a playoff series.

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
      New York is the place for Nash...in a deal centered around felton...then add carmelo in the off season via free agency...dirty team.
      Phoenix couldn't reach the Finals with Nash, Amare and a better supporting cast. New York certainly isn't going to. I'd hate the see Nash go to New York because they don't play defense, so won't ever win a CHampionship.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Nash to Toronto would be bad for the Raptors and for Nash. For the Raptors, it makes them a mediocre team, giving them a lower draft pick while not making them a contender.

For Nash, it means spending his last good days on a team without a shot of making it to the Finals.

Just before the New Year, I suggested Nash to Atlanta. Nash, Grant Hill and Channing Frye for Marvin Williams, Jamal Crawford and a 1st round pick. Phoenix would probably want more for him, though.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Just before the New Year, I suggested Nash to Atlanta[/URL]. Nash, Grant Hill and Channing Frye for Marvin Williams, Jamal Crawford and a 1st round pick. Phoenix would probably want more for him, though.
          That's insane. In the MyPlayer mode in 2k11 I play on the Hawks. Remove Grant Hill and that's the exact same trade that was made by my team earlier in the season. We've got Nash now as our starting PG and since then we've been tearing up the league. Nash is the perfect player for the Hawks and would make them instant contenders. 4 all-star team.

I like the Hawks and want to see Nash go there.

No to the Raps.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
            That's insane. In the MyPlayer mode in 2k11 I play on the Hawks. Remove Grant Hill and that's the exact same trade that was made by my team earlier in the season. We've got Nash now as our starting PG and since then we've been tearing up the league. Nash is the perfect player for the Hawks and would make them instant contenders. 4 all-star team.

I like the Hawks and want to see Nash go there.

No to the Raps.
            On NBA 2K10 I traded Bosh and Calderon for Derrick Rose and Noah... I don't think that means there was ever a chance that would have happened in real life.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
              Presence of a guy like Nash, for his leadership, character and experiences in the locker room is worth 10 times more than the athelatic ability of a young talent.

Raps were ONLY successful when they had a strong , well respected leaders in their Locker room. Since then, they have placed their faith on guys who are not Leaders or just because they are their best players, they should carry the extra responsibility of being a leader as well.

If we are honest about going to young and start a youth movement here, then a guy like Nash is vital to our fuure and will ensure our succes.
              At age 37, Nash will ensure the success of the Raptors? Sorry but I don't see it.

Comment

It's not fair to do this to him after everything he's done for the league and Phoenix in particular. Yes, he's Canadian and may wind up in TO as maybe a front office guy or assistant coach someday but not as a player. Phoenix, should they decide to unload him will want future returns on the player(s) they get back. He will not have an impact in a team that needs so much more than leadership.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Carter's contract will be done this season because no doubt they won't be picking up his $18M option. If they cut Nash off the books now they save $12M on him next season. That would drop the Suns cap number to around $18M total (as Grant Hill's deal is about to expire). With that flexibility the can restock on the fly. The more I think about it, the more the Raptors TPE is valuable to the Suns. I would think they would want a guy like Bayless back.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    At age 37, Nash will ensure the success of the Raptors? Sorry but I don't see it.
                    that isOk. His leadership and work ethics has nothing to do with his age of 37 !!! That is irrelevant. In a team so disjointed like us, with bunch of European ballers, Youtube film makers wana be, Coach with chrisma worth a Canadian penny, having a player like Nash would be blessing from sky even if he can only play 20 minutes a game for next 2 season.

Comment

I love Nash but I oppose any idea of sending him to this sad excuse of a professional basketball team. The guy deserves a ring, not playing camp councilor.

Comment

I am torn, on the one side are we totally abandoning the concept of defense and on the other side is we will have a real point guard for the first time ever. I think nash has about 5 more great years in him and his work ethic and toughness will be inspiring to the young guys. Would be nice to win a championship with nash in toronto. As long as we dont give up demar, wright, davis,or barbosa in the process I am cool with it.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          I am torn, on the one side are we totally abandoning the concept of defense and on the other side is we will have a real point guard for the first time ever. I think nash has about 5 more great years in him and his work ethic and toughness will be inspiring to the young guys. Would be nice to win a championship with nash in toronto. As long as we dont give up demar, wright, davis,or barbosa in the process I am cool with it.
                          I think in order to get a player of Nash's calibre, you';d have to give up some youth.

I don't see a need to Nash on this team. If we were in the thick of things in the east and dying for a very good, pure PG, i'd be all for it. Like some posters have alluded to, he'd be perfect on a team like Orlando (they're going for broke anyway) or Atlanta.

Comment

5 more years? dude I doubt he'll play past 2013.

I love Nash but he'll only delay the process of rebuilding here. Sadly it wasn't meant to be and that's thanks to BC, could have pulled the a long time ago but it is what it is.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                              5 more years? dude I doubt he'll play past 2013.

I love Nash but he'll only delay the process of rebuilding here. Sadly it wasn't meant to be and that's thanks to BC, could have pulled the a long time ago but it is what it is.
                              I don't think you factored in the fact that he is Canadian , he absolutely can play for 5 more but he may choice not to. I don't know if I would make a move for him period but if it was barg for Nash it would probably give me alot of pause to the point where I may just pull that trigger. I am not BC so I don't envy the rebuilding process.

Comment

he absolutely can play for 5 more but he may choice not to.
                                Do you have history to back that up?... Because I'm betting on history not taking your side on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X