Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmelo Trade to Knicks and Wolfs ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6094827

It seems like wolfs are reluctent to pull the trigger on this trade. I know Wolfs have 2 first Round picks ( just like US) for the draft and I am not sure which pick they have to give up but lets say for the sake of argument , it is not their pick and it wil be somewhere in the middle of 1st round.

Now, if Wolfs backed down, Is it worth it if we jump in with our first round and player like Wright and Barbosa.

We will get Randolph and Wilson chandler in return !!

How does that sound ?

I'm not sure it would be worth it for the same reasons the Wolves don't seem to think it's all that worth it.
    They actually have 3 picks in the first round this year. They have their own pick as well as UTA and MEM (I think? Could be wrong.)
    So they would most likely be giving up one of those picks, which is far more 'middle of the pack' than we can offer. We either have a HIGH (Top 5) of LOW (Bottom 5). Not sure Denver would do the deal with only Miami's pick involved.
    And including our Top pick is not worth it for Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Feb 7, 2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6094827

It seems like wolfs are reluctent to pull the trigger on this trade. I know Wolfs have 2 first Round picks ( just like US) for the draft and I am not sure which pick they have to give up but lets say for the sake of argument , it is not their pick and it wil be somewhere in the middle of 1st round.

Now, if Wolfs backed down, Is it worth it if we jump in with our first round and player like Wright and Barbosa.

We will get Randolph and Wilson chandler in return !!

How does that sound ?

If we're involved in that 3-team deal, we're not getting randolph or chandler.

Comment

Minnesota will most likely have 3 picks in 2011. They own the right to Utah's and a Memphis First Rounder as well. Their pick has been traded to the Clippers, but it has top 10 protection in 2011 (unprotected in 2012), so it does not look possible that they will be giving it away this year.

I personally am in the camp that we should not be trading away our draft picks at this time unless we get a real game changer. Let's not try to rush our rebuild, but instead use the draft to add key players over the next 2-3 years.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          If we're involved in that 3-team deal, we're not getting randolph or chandler.
          If we are replacing Wolfs, then we will get Randolph.
          Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Mon Feb 7, 2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
            Minnesota will most likely have 3 picks in 2011. They own the right to Utah's and a Memphis First Rounder as well. Their pick has been traded to the Clippers, but it has top 10 protection in 2011 (unprotected in 2012), so it does not look possible that they will be giving it away this year.
            Miami's pick is not going to give us a game changer for sure or even a player with Randolph's skill.

As far as our top pick, then I agree with you 100%.

Comment

If we are replacing Wolfs, then we will get Randolph and Chandler.
              The wolVES were never set to get Wilson Chandler. So I'm not sure where you are getting this. I'm pretty sure the deal is structured so as Denver replaces Melo with a combo of Brewer/Chandler. Minni gets Randolph and Curry.

EDIT: You seem to have that corrected.
              Last edited by Joey; Mon Feb 7, 2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

If we are replacing Wolfs, then we will get Randolph.
                No, he'll probably go to Denver.

Comment

Miami's pick is not going to give us a game changer for sure or even a player with Randolph's skill.

As far as our top pick, then I agree with you 100%.
                  We are due to get a steal late in the draft, look at what the Knicks are getting out of Landry Fields.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

No, he'll probably go to Denver.
                    Did you even read the Article about the trade? Lol

No part of it had Anthony Randolph going to Denver.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Did you even read the Article about the trade? Lol

No part of it had Anthony Randolph going to Denver.
                      Did I read the article? No, but I don't think Denver would take that deal. Brewer, Chandler and a 1st? If Randolph was included, it would be okay - not a fantastic deal by any means, just okay. If I'm the Nuggets, I'm looking to either hold onto the guy for a S & T or get the best deal possible for him at the deadline. New York and Minnesota are runaway winners of this deal.

Comment

Did I read the article? No, but I don't think Denver would take that deal. Brewer, Chandler and a 1st? If Randolph was included, it would be okay - not a fantastic deal by any means, just okay. If I'm the Nuggets, I'm looking to either hold onto the guy for a S & T or get the best deal possible for him at the deadline. New York and Minnesota are runaway winners of this deal.
                        Ok, well then saying very deliberately "NO, he'll Probably go to Denver" isn't really relevant, considering you didn't read the article discussing a real-life trade scenario.

I'd say Denver getting two VERY capable SFs; both of whom are younger than the outgoing Melo, and both of whom ANY team would love to have as a starting Wing, is a good deal. I'd even say this is better than the Derrick Favours deal. Perhaps Denver would have gotten more picks in a so-so draft, but instead they're getting TWO proven, contributing talents at the ONE position they will need to replace.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Ok, well then saying very deliberately "NO, he'll Probably go to Denver" isn't really relevant, considering you didn't read the article discussing a real-life trade scenario.

I'd say Denver getting two VERY capable SFs; both of whom are younger than the outgoing Melo, and both of whom ANY team would love to have as a starting Wing, is a good deal. I'd even say this is better than the Derrick Favours deal. Perhaps Denver would have gotten more picks in a so-so draft, but instead they're getting TWO proven, contributing talents at the ONE position they will need to replace.
                          Better than the Favors deal? Well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The New Jersey deal would have netted Denver a very good guard in Devin Harris and a future all-star in Favors and a possible draft selection (s). Brewer is okay. He's an injury prone, defensive minded SF. Chandler is a solid player, but neither of the players are all star-type players.

In the end, I can't see Denver going for this deal. They just might stick it to Melo by hanging onto the guy. He's owed quite a bit of money next season. Let's see if he opts out.

The aformentioned deal in the article I didn't read is good for NY because Melo is better than Chandler and Randolph is a castaway in their mind anyway, in D'Antoni's system at least. I think Randolph is one of those guys who's skills can translate into being a star. Minnesota in the end gets rid of Brewer, who is part of a log-jam at the swingman position and gets a guy who can play 3 front-court positions and has all-star ability - plus an expiring.

Comment

Working...
                          X