3 Point Shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Point Shootout

I don't understand how the NBA can get Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Durant in the 3 Point Shootout and can't get a single superstar in the Dunk Contest (not yet, Blake). Last year they got Billups and Pierce in it, while the Dunk Contest ended up with Nate f*ckin Robinson and Demar. It completely baffles me.

i think players puss out of the dunk competition because of the chance of injury, and also the chance of losing face by losing and the effect it would have on their "brand"

it's been a LONG time since the "superstars" had balls.

Comment

It's nice to see those guys in the 3point contest. That's the best event of Saturday night. Allen v. Durant is gonna be fantastic.
      Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Feb 8, 2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Guys like LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and so on have nothing to gain by winning a dunk competition but lots to lose should they come up short. The dunk competition, for the most part, is where the young guns come out to generate some buzz. It's really not worth the Superstars' time in a world where big endorsement deals come down to public image.

Comment

Bonner wouldn't have managed, and neither would Williams. They both have relatively slow releases. Players like Durant and Allen have nice quick releases which is a key in the 3 point contest.

Comment

I think he meant, dont players lose as much face by losing the 3-point contest as players do the dunk contest?
            Why are their stars in the 3 point contest, but no big names in the dunk contest?

Comment

I can't explain why it is, what it is. I can just tell you it is, what it is.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                I think he meant, dont players lose as much face by losing the 3-point contest as players do the dunk contest?
                Why are their stars in the 3 point contest, but no big names in the dunk contest?
                not really. the 3 pt contest is a low impact skill contest.. the dunk contest is a higher impact showmanship contest

you cant really get shown up in a 3 pt contest unless you lose to somebody shooting blindfolded..

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  you cant really get shown up in a 3 pt contest unless you lose to somebody shooting blindfolded..
                  ...or lose to Jason Kapono.
                  Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
                    Jason Kapono has a great release. He is not a very good NBA player, but he can hit the three. And his stroke is perfect for the competition.

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
                      nah... losing to kapono in a contest where there's no defense against him and he doesnt have to worry about sliding his pivot foot is fine.

having him torch you in an actual game... unforgivable

EVERYBODY knows if you force him left or right he's going to travel.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        Bonner wouldn't have managed, and neither would Williams. They both have relatively slow releases. Players like Durant and Allen have nice quick releases which is a key in the 3 point contest.
                        But they still omitted Kevin Martin and Arron Affalo. :/

Comment

Working...
                        X