MIL Post Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIL Post Game

Bargnani showed his Jeckyll and Hyde self last night. Hot and cold. Marvelous and disasterous.

That must have been one of the worst shooting performances of Calderon's career. Also he looked for his own shot more than any other time I can remember. Which leads me to my biggest gripe of the game....

WHY DID THEY STOP GOING TO DeROZAN????

His game in the first half reminded me a little of Rip Hamilton. He was very good moving without the ball and using screens to get his shot. Plus the rest of the team did a good job finding him for the open looks. But then in the 3rd quarter, before Bargnani hit a few shots, and the team was ice cold, he didn't touch the ball. Why is this?

Coaching

Comment

We needed more Dero, less Jose, that's for sure.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        Coaching
        +1

Comment

"WHY DID THEY STOP GOING TO DeROZAN????"

This is a refrain we used to have about when Bargs used to be hot in the first half and then get no/few touches in the second. It just might have to do with:

a) The opposing coaches/team recognizes the hot player and decides to change how they play him
          b) Our hottie cannot adjust to the denial of a particular spot on the floor or maybe the new defender and so is not in a position to get the ball
          c) Its easier for the other team to deny a hot player when the rest of the team is sucking at making shots.
          d) DD cannot take the 3 so that option is a nogo

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
            +1
            +2

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

This is a refrain we used to have about when Bargs used to be hot in the first half and then get no/few touches in the second. It just might have to do with:

a) The opposing coaches/team recognizes the hot player and decides to change how they play him
              b) Our hottie cannot adjust to the denial of a particular spot on the floor or maybe the new defender and so is not in a position to get the ball
              c) Its easier for the other team to deny a hot player when the rest of the team is sucking at making shots.
              I'm sure Skiles certainly discussed DD at the half and I'm sure they changed their defensive approach with him. With that said, DD stood at the baseline corner for most sets and rarely left there as Calderon, Bargnani, Barbosa, and Weems hoisted shot after shot.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I'm sure Skiles certainly discussed DD at the half and I'm sure they changed their defensive approach with him. With that said, DD stood at the baseline corner for most sets and rarely left there as Calderon, Bargnani, Barbosa, and Weems hoisted shot after shot.
                Agreed. I just thought your op implied that Jose not giving him the ball was the reason. Shows how he is still raw and not ready for prime time for 48 mins. Of course the coach has to react and coach the team thru the adjustment by the other side.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

None of this was true last night. Go look at the 3rd quarter play-by-play to see how ball dominant Bargs and Jose were. Derozan spent almost the entire third quarter just standing in the weakside corner while Jose ran two man games with Bargs or they isolated Bargs. He could have just sat down in one of the courtside seats. The Bucks didn't have to deny him or change strategy cause he wasn't anywhere near the ball or the play. It wasn't just Derozan. Amir barely touched the ball and I don't think Weems saw the ball more than once or twice. Maybe the sets were supposed to evolve but Jose kept shooting and missing and Bargs doesn't ever pass to anyone so there was no ball movement. Just Jose and Bargs jacking while everyone else watched.

Comment

From what I remember Maggette stuck to him like glue and did a really good job (Bucks as a team too) chasing him around those screens and denying him the ball. Just another learning experience for him on how to get free, I guess. They also left Jose open A LOT, and he couldn't stick 'em. Still, they should've found a way to get DD the ball. I blame that on the coaches.

Comment

Working...
                    X