Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many more times does this have to happen ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many more times does this have to happen ?

against the raptors this season :

ben wallace went off for 23 pts shooting 10 for 13 (77%)

we saw bogut go off last week 24 pts 12 of 14 (86%)

tonight it was dejuan blair scoring 28 on 14 of 21 (67%)

we defend the bucket worse than the warriors under don nelson

how did this happen ?

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
    how did this happen ?

Comment

Look at that shit-eating smirk. You can clearly see what he's thinking..."that's right bitches, I just hit the jackpot for the next 8 years."

It's pretty obvious what happened though. It's not just Bargs, but the whole team seems to have severe lapses in defense. It's like they forget they have to defend.

Comment

I just don't ever remember a team taking plays off this often... look at barg's face when the other team gets an easy layup.. he couldn't care less...

Comment

For the record: the other 2 in the picture are just as much to blame as the one in the middle.

Comment

I think its official that he is not a starter because starters in the NBA play both sides of the ball. So he is here till we find something better and move him to a off the bench scorer role, don't get me wrong his versatility in scoring the ball is enough to justify him being on a championship team but not as a starter unless you have Dwight Howard next to him, even then....

anyways coaching is another part of the problem and I think Triano is a above avg assistant coach but most definitely not a head coach. san antonio did not do anything special to win this game to have a 20 pt swing in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Can someone tell Bargnani that Calderon and DeRozan cannot outrebound Blair?

Wait, let me rephrase that. Can someone explain the rudiments and basics of rebounding to Bargnani?

He gives up so many points, that to be a net help to the team, he'd have to score at least 60 every night.

Comment

Can someone tell me why Bargs and Demar were on the bench in a really close game to start the 4th when the bench wasn't doing shit all game?

Comment

where is Colangelo's hand in that pic? Stroking Bargnani's ego perhaps?

Comment

that picture says it all.

I will guarantee that if Bargnani was traded before the deadline, by the end of this season, this team would be around the middle of the pack defensively. Doesn't sound like much I know... but to go from one of the worst defensive teams in history over the last to years to average is an accomplishment. The guys are young and will make the occasional mistake. They don't have alot of strength to bang inside. But #7 is almost all of the problem.

His help defense is non-existent... I mean he just won't do it.

His rebounding.... is somewhere below pathetic. There is no other category to put it in other than embarassing.

His man D.... anyone got a clip of Bogut with his spin move from the other day? That will say it all

he's killing the pgs on the pick and roll, unfortunately its been Jose, Jack and Bayless he's killing.

Add to that no hustle, heart or desire... the guy could be the worst defensive C in the history of the game. But he scores points so its all good.

Comment

Here we go, another thread turns into bashing Bargnani. We all know his weaknesses, but contrary to popular belief, we don't have one player that is an above average defender in the league at this point. Some of our guys are average, but they are not going to get any looks for an all defensive team anytime soon. One player is not making this team as bad on defense as people are making it out to be. We see all our guys get torched on occasion, and it was Amir getting burned by Blair for much of the night.....Raptors up 2, 16 -14, Manu runs a pick and roll up top, Bargs gets out and stops Manu, pass to Parker on the wing and runs a pick and roll with Blair, Amir does not do a good job and Blair rolls in for the layup....weakside help was nowhere, Bargs was up top and could have sagged, but it should have been the opposite side player getting on the wall.

Now that is not to say Bargs did not have his lapses during the game, it is just to point out that it is not just one guy and it is getting pretty tiering reading all this crap heaped on one player when the TEAM is poor defensively.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        Can someone tell me why Bargs and Demar were on the bench in a really close game to start the 4th when the bench wasn't doing shit all game?
                        +1
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I guess Triano was trying to change things up for defensive purposes but his substitutions have always been a weak point.

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                            I just don't ever remember a team taking plays off this often... look at barg's face when the other team gets an easy layup.. he couldn't care less...
                            his defense just keeps getting worse and worse.
                            i think its just the same way with those selected few who cant curve their lips to whistle. every human being on this earth should be able to whistle but for some reason some selected few, cant. thats how it is with Bargs. in the NBA, each and every player is assumed they can play defense, but Bargs is just an abomination.
                            credit is due to blair as well, he's been tearing it up the past couple of days
                            but you want a career game? play the Raps.
                            oh and his 2 rebs last night wasnt pretty as well.

Comment

You don't lose games when you play your best players at key points in games... it's called draft pick development.

As for Barg's 2 rebounds... I beleive even Devlin commented on his first rebound, saying it came right to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X