No announcement yet.

Ed Davis Vs. Amir Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like Amir. That being said Ed Davis has much more potential IMO. His game is based on knowledge, reading plays and being in the right place (all defensively) whereas Amir has much more of an athleticism based game and a lower Defensive IQ. He uses his natural gifts and hustle to compensate for his lack of, I dunno what to call it: IQ? Technical knowledge? Defensive Fundamentals? and the results are fouls above the arc, biting on pump fakes, hacks and slow rotations. He tries hard so I don't kill him too much (unlike my fav whipping boy).

The only things Special Ed is missing are weight/strength and experience. Once he puts on a few pounds and learns to deal with NBA post players he'll be able to stop getting boxed out so often and win more of those contested boards. He already reads plays and angles very well and shows in the right spaces at the right times without over committing too much. He could learn a thing or two about hustle from Amir though. He concedes position too often without putting up much fight.

Offensively they are both garbage bucket players. This wouldn't be so bad if we had a POST PLAYER at that end. I strongly believe that the best way to open up the court for slashers like Jose and Demar is to throw it into the post and operate inside-out. Teams are able to lock the Raps down out on the perimetre while still being able to collapse on cutters because there is no Raptor big who is a real threat on the block and the shooters are all kind of ... m'eh. Yes, that includes the 7 footer shooting 32% (aka not near good enough).
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X