• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it'd be awesome if the real jeff hostetler actually came out and said that

doubly awesome if he still has the Magnum PI stache

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      it'd be awesome if the real jeff hostetler actually came out and said that

doubly awesome if he still has the Magnum PI stache
      Ha! Excellent.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
        Ha! Excellent.
        For the record, I'm a huge Barbo fan, but come on: "Barbosa is a bunch of pawns", that just sounds so dope. Well done J to the H

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
          For the record, I'm a huge Barbo fan, but come on: "Barbosa is a bunch of pawns", that just sounds so dope. Well done J to the H
          hey i started the thread dont i get credit???

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            hey i started the thread dont i get credit???
            Sorry bro, good thread too, but also, "Barbosa is a bunch of pawns" , come on, that sounds sweet.

You gotta come up with some sweet catchline too tbihis (Ps, what does that mean?)

Comment

Looking at the current Raps, which superstar/legend do you think each Raptor can potentially be compared to at the peak of their careers?

and please no mushy BS like "they should be their own man" or "they can never be superstars, all-stars" crap. just play the game.

Demar - Ray Allen. No problem scoring but cannot put up other stats.
              Bargs - Rik Smits. Can score but not a good rebounder for a big man.
              Amir - Antonio Davis. grit and hustle. not a double digit scorer but decent rebounder.
              E. Davis - potentially, and ill say it again, potentially, maybe Kevin Garnett. Knows his way around the basket, good shotblocker and rebounder.
              Bayless - Barbosa.
              Calderon - Mark Price. good FT shooter, good 3PT shooter. can score but not much, can pass but not not a double-digit ast player.

Your thoughts?
              Ray Allen is a great shooter. DeMar is getting to be a better shooter, but he'll never be Ray Allen. Richard Hamilton might be a better comparison. And DeMar is already starting to rebound and defend better, so I wouldn't write him off.

Rik Smits was a FAR better rebounder than Bargnani ever was, and Bargnani a better scorer than Smits. Take a look at Smit's per 36 rebounding numbers. He was actually decent, he just didn't play enough minutes. And Smits was also a pretty good defender. I don't see a good comparison for Bargnani- a good scoring big man who literally can't do anything else. Generally those types of guys simply don't get the minutes to make much of an impact. If push came to shove, I might say Brad Sellers. He was a big man who could shoot from outside, but didn't like to do any dirty work.

Antonio Davis was a poor offensive player. Amir is not. Someone mentioned Horace Grant somewhere and I agree that's probably the best comparison. Obviously that's on the high end.

Garnett was a good offensive player coming in, even in high school. And Garnett had amazing lateral quickness. Defensively, he was basically a guard in a big man's body, which is what made him a complete freak of nature. Garnett was a decent, but never great shotblocker, despite length and athletic ability. Alonzo Mourning is the only player that I can think of that is really similar, but Alonzo was a much better scorer coming into the league.

Calderon and Price are both good shooter and are both white. But Price was incredibly quick before his knee injury. Calderon never has been. And I'm not sure why you say Calderon isn't a double digit assist player. Have you seen his stats since Jack was traded?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Demar is going to be the next Vince carter lol

Comment

Demar Derozan - Vince Carter (Dream Scenario - Kobe Bryant)
                  Jerryd Bayless - Monta Ellis (Dream Scenario - Allen Iverson)
                  Sonny Weems - Richard Jefferson (Dream Scenario - Tracy McGrady)
                  Amir Johnson - Dennis Rodman (Dream Scenario - Kevin Garnett)
                  Andrea Bargnani - Rafael Araujoe (Dream Scenario - Dirk Nowitzki)

Jose Calderon - Steve Nash (Dream Scenario - Steve Nash)

Comment

Amir Johnson - Dennis Rodman??? D-Rod averaged around 15rpg in his career, numbers I doubt AJ will ever see... that being said, AJ is a much better offensive player at 23 than D-Rod ever was.

AJ = more athletic P.J. Brown

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                      Amir Johnson - Dennis Rodman??? D-Rod averaged around 15rpg in his career, numbers I doubt AJ will ever see... that being said, AJ is a much better offensive player at 23 than D-Rod ever was.

AJ = more athletic P.J. Brown
                      Good compare including tenacity and character. In my opinion AJ at this point is a superb 2nd unit player...which PJ also mostly always was. But has more upside.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Ray Allen is a great shooter. DeMar is getting to be a better shooter, but he'll never be Ray Allen. Richard Hamilton might be a better comparison. And DeMar is already starting to rebound and defend better, so I wouldn't write him off.

Rik Smits was a FAR better rebounder than Bargnani ever was, and Bargnani a better scorer than Smits. Take a look at Smit's per 36 rebounding numbers. He was actually decent, he just didn't play enough minutes. And Smits was also a pretty good defender. I don't see a good comparison for Bargnani- a good scoring big man who literally can't do anything else. Generally those types of guys simply don't get the minutes to make much of an impact. If push came to shove, I might say Brad Sellers. He was a big man who could shoot from outside, but didn't like to do any dirty work.

Antonio Davis was a poor offensive player. Amir is not. Someone mentioned Horace Grant somewhere and I agree that's probably the best comparison. Obviously that's on the high end.

Garnett was a good offensive player coming in, even in high school. And Garnett had amazing lateral quickness. Defensively, he was basically a guard in a big man's body, which is what made him a complete freak of nature. Garnett was a decent, but never great shotblocker, despite length and athletic ability. Alonzo Mourning is the only player that I can think of that is really similar, but Alonzo was a much better scorer coming into the league.

Calderon and Price are both good shooter and are both white. But Price was incredibly quick before his knee injury. Calderon never has been. And I'm not sure why you say Calderon isn't a double digit assist player. Have you seen his stats since Jack was traded?
                        sorry Tim W, its kinda late and im not in the mood to rebuff all the stuff you said, plus, i was actually asking for examples, not to criticize who i gave as examples.

thanks and have a nice day.

Comment

Demar can't be Ray Allen. He literally has no range while Ray Allen is the best 3 point shooter in the history of the NBA. Right now Demar is shooting 8% from 3 point line (25 or 27 attempts).

Comment

sorry Tim W, its kinda late and im not in the mood to rebuff all the stuff you said, plus, i was actually asking for examples, not to criticize who i gave as examples.

thanks and have a nice day.
                            Uh, I actually gave examples. And like it or not, just because you start the thread, doesn't mean you have control over what everyone posts.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Have a lovely day.
                            Last edited by Tim W.; Fri Feb 11, 2011, 03:46 AM.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I disagree with most

DeRozan seems more like a mix between T-Mac/Vince/Terrence Williams. Athletic, Big, never too keen on defense, great dunker and decent mid-range jumper.

Calderon too me, is like a less talented and injure-prone, Nash. Shoots efficiently, passes efficiently. Both make players around them better, both unselfish, both see the court well. They can shoot very well, but only shoot when open or when absolutely needed. Very similar, of course Nash is a lot better, but their playing styles are very similar. Their personality as well, both very laid back and simple people.

Amir Johnson to me, is hard to compare. His style of basketball is very common, hard-working big-man, decent at everything and very athletic.

Ed Davis, hopefully will become like Duncan or something. A guy who just plays basketball for basketball. Nothing fancy, just plain old basketball. Efficient and hard-working. Someone who doesn't think about stats, but about the wins. He also has a nice left-hook, and if he develops his offensive game, he could become a great PF.

Bargnani is hard to compare, there has not been any center like Bargnani. A guy with crazy offensive skills, although his stats are bad, and he is inconsistent, his offensive skills are undoubtedly some of the best ever for a center.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                Uh, I actually gave examples. And like it or not, just because you start the thread, doesn't mean you have control over what everyone posts.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Have a lovely day.
                                hahaha sorry Tim, i was just tired last night, nothing personal.
                                Ill get to your post in a minute.

Comment

Working...
                                X