Clear All

• can they do it?

duh duh duh
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      can they do it?

duh duh duh
      I'm gonna go by what has taken place so far this season and say the pitching comes back down to earth and they finish 5 games out.

Comment

• I'm gonna say they finishhhhhh... in the second wild card spot! Ain't no stoppin' us now, baby!

Comment

• Blue Jays tonight.

EDIT: Fuck the..
          Last edited by rocwell; Mon Sep 15, 2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Dalton Pompey... damn this kid looks like the real deal! Really nice game by the 21 year old tonight. Home grown too!

Disappointing end to the year, but I like the youngsters we have going forward. Sanchez, Stroman, Norris, Hutchison(sometimes), Pompey, Lawrie(when healthy). Joey Bats and Edwin still there, hopefully Melky is back. Reyes is still a pretty good player when healthy.

I guess I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to the Jays and Raps, but I like the young core both teams have.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...s-jays-top-os/

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              Dalton Pompey... damn this kid looks like the real deal! Really nice game by the 21 year old tonight. Home grown too!

Disappointing end to the year, but I like the youngsters we have going forward. Sanchez, Stroman, Norris, Hutchison(sometimes), Pompey, Lawrie(when healthy). Joey Bats and Edwin still there, hopefully Melky is back. Reyes is still a pretty good player when healthy.

I guess I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to the Jays and Raps, but I like the young core both teams have.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...s-jays-top-os/
              Pompey with 2 triples and a double?! That's almost more impressive than JPs deput ... LOL

Comment

• Well...............

Better luck next year?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Adam Lind traded to Brewers for P Marco Estrada.

Smoak time!

Comment

• Blue Jays sign F/A catcher Russell Martin (Canadian)

5 yrs. - 82 mill.

Jackpot for Martin...Iam not sure on term...he is 32 now/soon to be I think. But he has lots of sandpaper which this team needs.

http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2014/1...#comment_tease

Comment

• While I like the acquisition, I'm not crazy about the amount and duration. But this is baseball after all and salaries see no limit apparently.

What does this mean for Navarro? I personally was more then happy with him behind the plate. I can't see the Jays platooning him and Martin next season.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                        While I like the acquisition, I'm not crazy about the amount and duration. But this is baseball after all and salaries see no limit apparently.

What does this mean for Navarro? I personally was more then happy with him behind the plate. I can't see the Jays platooning him and Martin next season.
                        Yes, that would be a pricey duo but they may want to split RM's duties by playing him at first or DH to save his knees. Would DN like that? Not sure. What could DN get back in a trade? I was surprised that spots like second base and the outfield were not addressed first but this may have been a quick decision situation or he was going elsewhere.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Yes, that would be a pricey duo but they may want to split RM's duties by playing him at first or DH to save his knees. Would DN like that? Not sure. What could DN get back in a trade? I was surprised that spots like second base and the outfield were not addressed first but this may have been a quick decision situation or he was going elsewhere.
                          I just read on one of the BJ blogs that Navarro would likely become our everyday DH and catch here in there, while Russell would also get some play at 3B where he's comfortable playing as well. So I guess they can both coexist. I'd hate to lose Navarro because he was one of the most consistent Blue Jays last season.

Comment

• Is Vernon Wells the Jays new center fielder? He was at the Raptors game.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                              Is Vernon Wells the Jays new center fielder? He was at the Raptors game.
                              Probably our closer. Or second baseman, third baseman, first baseman or starter. Jays got nothing.

Comment

• Traded Lawrie for Josh Donaldson from the A's? I like it.

Nice combo with him and Reyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X