The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF wrote: View Post
    ya, I never warmed to Farell. I'm glad the other guys went as well. We need a change in coaching all around.

I wanna see the jays make a push for dan haren.
    Haren will be great. Always liked him.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Does anyone understand the Aviles trade..? Idk why we would give up Aviles, a decent hitter that filled a need plus a very versatile guy in Gomes who has a good bat as well for a guy who has a 6 era for his career and was given up by the Rockies for cash during the season... Is Anthopoulos crazy..? Since when do we need relievers? I thought our only problem with relievers was whether we should keep Lyon or Frasor, apparently not though..

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
        Does anyone understand the Aviles trade..? Idk why we would give up Aviles, a decent hitter that filled a need plus a very versatile guy in Gomes who has a good bat as well for a guy who has a 6 era for his career and was given up by the Rockies for cash during the season... Is Anthopoulos crazy..? Since when do we need relievers? I thought our only problem with relievers was whether we should keep Lyon or Frasor, apparently not though..
        When Aviles arrived it was thought that he was acquired to play 2nd base as K Johnson is a free agent. So we thought. Obviously AA had other ideas. Personally I like that part of the deal. I mean I`d like to see a better 2nd baseman and it is going to be so even if Johnson comes back. I didn`t like the Gomes part of the deal `cause he was showing promise but overall I`m OK with the trade. A power arm in the free agent market would have been costly and through this trade we acquire one for a cheap price. The Bullpen is strong and if Oliver decides to return, is all set. Starting pitching and maybe a solid bat are probably next on AA`s list.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
          When Aviles arrived it was thought that he was acquired to play 2nd base as K Johnson is a free agent. So we thought. Obviously AA had other ideas. Personally I like that part of the deal. I mean I`d like to see a better 2nd baseman and it is going to be so even if Johnson comes back. I didn`t like the Gomes part of the deal `cause he was showing promise but overall I`m OK with the trade. A power arm in the free agent market would have been costly and through this trade we acquire one for a cheap price. The Bullpen is strong and if Oliver decides to return, is all set. Starting pitching and maybe a solid bat are probably next on AA`s list.
          I bet you don't think that way now.. Izturis as our second baseman? Aviles was 50x better.. Hell I'd take Johnson over him anyd ay. We'll be stuck in mediocrity forever with deals like this.. Make a deal worth mentioning AA.. I understand the FA market for second basemen is thin this year but why sign a mediocre talent to a 3 yr deal especially if you plan on using Hech as an every day player in the near future.. I despise utility men with no bats..

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
            I bet you don't think that way now.. Izturis as our second baseman? Aviles was 50x better.. Hell I'd take Johnson over him anyd ay. We'll be stuck in mediocrity forever with deals like this.. Make a deal worth mentioning AA.. I understand the FA market for second basemen is thin this year but why sign a mediocre talent to a 3 yr deal especially if you plan on using Hech as an every day player in the near future.. I despise utility men with no bats..

Yes the signing did surprise me. I thought they'd go for a better 2 nd baseman. His(Izturis) average is OK but that's the only impressive thing about his bat. The most concerning thing is his health. He's had health problems throughout his career. One thing though is that AA has proved to be a very smart GM. I was not a fan of the hire when they hired him but he soon proved me wrong.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Personally, I'm really starting to not like Anthopolous. I think he's trying too hard to be like this Billy Beane type. But, trying to do his own thing as well.
              It's not really working.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• What a trade for Toronto. WOW .... amazing

The Toronto Blue Jays may have gotten the pitching help they've been looking for.

According to reports, the Jays have acquired starting pitchers Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson, as well as shortstop Jose Reyes, from the Miami Marlins in exchange for pitcher Henderson Alvarez, shortstops Yunel Escobar and rookie Adeiny Hechavarria, as well as pitching prospect Justin Nicolino.

FOX reporter Ken Rosenthal first reported the trade.
                http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=409433

Comment

• Hell yea Doc! Been following it on the Twitter... Can we skip this Raps season and get to April please??? hahaha well not really but u know...

Comment

• This a huge. Gave away prospects but that's the risk you take to win now. When healthy Johnson has the potential to be an ace. I love Reyes too and Buehrle will eat up innings which he need with our starters.

Should attract another FA or two this winter too when they see that the Jays want to win now.

Comment

• The pitching is just great, and they threw in Reyes too? Finally we have that leadoff hitter we've been looking for. Hopefully he returns to the form from a couple years ago in NY.

Thank you for finally spending my hard earned money, Rogers. You damn cheapskates!

Comment

• Super pumped about this trade

Comment

• Prospects are just that.

We are talking about solidified, proven fucking talent!

And i must say, it's about fucking time!

I'm a bit concerned that these guys are going to continue to struggle when they play over here.

But, it's the risk you take. They have proven themselves worthy of that risk.

What is even more interesting is the additional pieces outside of Reyes,Buerhle and Johnson...

Another trade has to be on the horizon.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Hopefully he returns to the form from a couple years ago in NY.
                            Forget a couple years ago, I'll take this year's form. He's still relatively young too. I'd say he's the biggest name in the deal, but Johnson is the key assuming he can remain healthy.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Forget a couple years ago, I'll take this year's form. He's still relatively young too. I'd say he's the biggest name in the deal, but Johnson is the key assuming he can remain healthy.
                              I didn't realize he finished with such good numbers this season. I'll take those as well. .287/11HR/57RBI/40SB/184HITS

Comment

• I expect my beers at the game to jump up to about $15-$17 though...

I'm reading where the Marlins will get one of our catchers, I would think it's gonna be JP, he's from MIA.

Comment

Working...
                                X