The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10523509

JP Arencibia goin off as Tim Kurkjian again. Pretty funny even for a sub .200 hitter

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10523509

JP Arencibia goin off as Tim Kurkjian again. Pretty funny even for a sub .200 hitter
      JPs Wikipedia sums him up best:
      Arencibia finished the 2013 season batting below the Mendoza line, hitting just .194, although he did hit 21 home runs, placing him second amongst MLB catchers to Matt Wieters, and 55 RBIs.[28] However, his extremely low batting average, coupled with drawing only 18 walks over the course of the entire season, led to an historically low OPS for Arencibia: with a .592 OPS, he became the first player in major league history to reach 20 homers in a season and still post a sub-.600 OPS. (The next lowest OPS for a 20-homer season was .649 by Cleveland’s Willie Kirkland in 1962.)
      Looking up "Mendoza Line" we find this:
      This is often thought of as the offensive threshold below which a player's presence in Major League Baseball cannot be justified, regardless of his defensive abilities.
      Harsh. He does a mean impression though. Lol
      Last edited by Joey; Fri Feb 28, 2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• How about them Jays! undefeated! World series here we come!

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
          How about them Jays! undefeated! World series here we come!

How bout that beard! Looking good lind!

Comment

How about them Jays! undefeated! World series here we come!

It'a only spring training but one can't count them out based on last years showing.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              Considering both Jiminez and Santana will be immensely overpaid, it may be better to just stay with what they have and do something during the season.
              I'm terrified at the state of our pitching right now. They will be overpaid, but I mean... Dickey may never get it back and didn't have sustained success, Morrow is always a threat to break again, Buehrle's decent but he's no longer what he was, Happ is okay, and then... who? Hope for Drabek? Pray for Romero to find his form again magically? We don't have even close to a good staff
              @Boymusic66

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                I'm terrified at the state of our pitching right now. They will be overpaid, but I mean... Dickey may never get it back and didn't have sustained success, Morrow is always a threat to break again, Buehrle's decent but he's no longer what he was, Happ is okay, and then... who? Hope for Drabek? Pray for Romero to find his form again magically? We don't have even close to a good staff
                Pitching is a concern but what AA did was probably best. Dickey, Burhle and Morrow are the only starting calibre pitchers with Morrow's reliability a concern. However it should be a little better than last year 'cause H'son is healthy enough to pitch. M Stroman and Sanchez are almost ready as well. Also I have a feeling that Romero will return to form.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Anyone know what the word is on santana ? Has he picked between the o's and jays?

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    Anyone know what the word is on santana ? Has he picked between the o's and jays?
                    I've been refreshing my twitter since 1pm. LOL. Nothing!
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      I've been refreshing my twitter since 1pm. LOL. Nothing!
                      Haha there was an article saying he would decide by 5 . Last people were saying was he was leaning o's

Comment

• So the jays played today... Let's stop pretending they don't exist guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So the jays played today... Let's stop pretending they don't exist guys

Weird... I guess all the advertisements all over the city are for the Home opener. Totally missed that. Haha

Comment

• I just cannot get exctied about baseball. Especially in April.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So the jays played today... Let's stop pretending they don't exist guys

Do we have to?

Comment

• This thread has sadly become an afterthought since we in the playoffs baby......
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X