No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they can sign him cheap, it would be a low risk, high reward type signing. And as for Lawrie, I knew he would come around. Dude has one heck of a work ethic and wants to be good. Not to mention he's only 23 years old

Comment

• Jays have to extend Johnson a QO of 14 mill. if they want to keep him.

He's gonna be scooped up by another team if he's UFA.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        Jays have to extend Johnson a QO of 14 mill. if they want to keep him.

He's gonna be scooped up by another team if he's UFA.
        If he's anywhere close to the player he was this season, he's not even worth $4M.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          If he's anywhere close to the player he was this season, he's not even worth $4M.
          Absolutely. But at the same time it's only one year.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• 14M for an injury prone player who's pitching like crap this year?? no thanks.

The Jays have a bunch of young pitchers that i think are ready to compete for a starting spot next year. Drabek, Hutchison, Nolin and Stroman. Give these guys a chance!!!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              14M for an injury prone player who's pitching like crap this year?? no thanks.

The Jays have a bunch of young pitchers that i think are ready to compete for a starting spot next year. Drabek, Hutchison, Nolin and Stroman. Give these guys a chance!!!
              They've all had chances. Well,the first two

Comment

• Travis D'Arnaud started tonight for the Mets. Walked his first at bat. Can finally start to determine if this kid was worth Dickey/Halladay.

Comment

• Who do you trade: Lind or Encarnacion?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                    Who do you trade: Lind or Encarnacion?
                    Jays hold an option on Lind next year. If they don't pick it up, he can be bought out for 1 mil. If a team willing to pay him 8 mil., I think Jays should work out a trade with them. If not, buy him out and maybe re-sign him to a 3 year, 12 mil. deal.

Encarnacion should be considered an 'untouchable'.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Jays could fill there holes with an encarnacion trade..

Also, with the struggle at pitching..and with how great Darvish has been..the fact they didn't take the neccessary steps to ensure they got him comes back to bite them in the ass.
                      Last edited by LBF; Mon Aug 19, 2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• If hiring Gibbons was a mistake, retaining him will be a blunder and it looks like AA is set to do so. People keep talking about how the teams poor showing is not his fault. I totally disagree.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• I'll say this again: theres nothing John Gibbons could have done to make this years pitching rotation perform the way they were supposed to. When players don't perform, the team loses. Look at the Dodgers, they all wanted the manager gone as the scapegoat as well. And now that the players are finally coming together and winning, everybody is applauding Don Mattingly

Comment

• I'd much rather trade Bautista than Edwin. Bautista is injury prone and is a very streaky hitter

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              I'll say this again: theres nothing John Gibbons could have done to make this years pitching rotation perform the way they were supposed to. When players don't perform, the team loses. Look at the Dodgers, they all wanted the manager gone as the scapegoat as well. And now that the players are finally coming together and winning, everybody is applauding Don Mattingly
                              The LA example is a good one. However as much as that is true, it is also true that Lester, Buchels and Lackey have improved significantly in Boston. To say that Farrell had nothing to do with that would not do justice to his coaching skills. A much inferior Jays team(on paper) under Farrell did much better last year. I don't think that would have been the case if Gibbons was the manager last year. LA is an exception IMO.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                                I'd much rather trade Bautista than Edwin. Bautista is injury prone and is a very streaky hitter
                                I agree. The return would be better too. Maybe a solid starting pitcher.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X