The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Price has been getting a lot of flack so far this post-season, but IMO, there isn't anyone else I want on the mound tonight (other than maybe Estrada).
    Generally, I have felt more comfortable with Estrade and Stroman this post-season .. but with that said, I feel like tonight will be Price's post-seasn coming out... there's just no way he loses 8 Starts in a row.. is there?!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Generally, I have felt more comfortable with Estrade and Stroman this post-season .. but with that said, I feel like tonight will be Price's post-seasn coming out... there's just no way he loses 8 Starts in a row.. is there?!
      Stroman's been iffy in his 1st trip against the batting order in basically every start.

Price was arguably better than Estrada in his last start (through 6 innings, that is). Hoping he gets some run support early.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        You should also ask the locals why in the world is Kansas City in Missouri? Not in the state of Kansas?
        In the did-you-know category: you could pose the same question about Toronto, Missouri and Toronto, Kansas (as well as a bunch of other Torontos!

I think those 2 states have an identity problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_(disambiguation)

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          In the did-you-know category: you could pose the same question about Toronto, Missouri and Toronto, Kansas (as well as a bunch of other Torontos!

I think those 2 states have an identity problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_(disambiguation)
          I kid you not, I have an in-law who lives in New York, who booked a flight to Ontario, California (shown as "Ontario, CA") when attempting to visit us.
          Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Oct 26, 2015, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Raptors and Jays - same bat time, different bat channels. I preferred it when there was drinking from 3:00pm -11

Comment

• Hmmm...... b-ball game on mute, radio on for baseball?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                Hmmm...... b-ball game on mute, radio on for baseball?
                Basketball on the TV and Baseball on the tablet. Have a phone, so I'm looking for a hockey game.

Comment

• Man on third with no outs, and they don't bring him in. 0-12 or whatever with runners on base. Deserved to lose that game.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• That call on Revere was horse shit, but I agree, you gotta bring Pompey home, after all that work he did to get to 3rd. A frigging BUNT would do it even.

But then the toss from Jose and then from Tulo were both SHIT on that Cain run as well.

It was a fun Ride while it lasted, and I have no doubt we'll come back bigger and badder next year.

Comment

• Sigh.

Tough to lose such a game especially with the JB homers and the above stuff.

Just have to shore up the pitching depth.

Comment

• It was a well umpired game.......TILL the 9th inning....the 2 strikes call on Navarro and Revere in the 9th were absolute bullshit. Wade Davis is the best reliever in baseball, he didn't need any help.

We'll be back next year though. Bullpen is the main area they need to address this winter.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Sigh.

Losing Cecil was SO key ... but I agree, we need another reliable arm back there.

I'd also like to see some attention paid to 1st Base ... as much as I like Collabello, I think we can definitely upgrade there.

Comment

Sigh.

Yeah, that's definitely the area of focus. I think you resign Price (as long as the price isn't insane), cut ties with Dickey and find a fourth starter to replace him, and add one more middle reliever.

I'd keep position players the same - if Colabello, not Smoak, is named the full time first baseman.

The only major change that I'd consider is finding another closer. I don't trust Osuna.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, that's definitely the area of focus. I think you resign Price (as long as the price isn't insane), cut ties with Dickey and find a fourth starter to replace him, and add one more middle reliever.

I'd keep position players the same - if Colabello, not Smoak, is named the full time first baseman.

The only major change that I'd consider is finding another closer. I don't trust Osuna.
                              I think they are going to try and turn Osuna into a starter. That was his position before his Tommy J. I hear. That teams like both Texas and KC got closers at the trade deadline (and good ones too) shows that AA can probably do as well. I agree Dickey was too dicey...with the knuckler being a 50-50 proposition at best...not good in the playoffs.

Comment

I think they are going to try and turn Osuna into a starter. That was his position before his Tommy J. I hear. That teams like both Texas and KC got closers at the trade deadline (and good ones too) shows that AA can probably do as well. I agree Dickey was too dicey...with the knuckler being a 50-50 proposition at best...not good in the playoffs.
                                Too soon to know cause the rotation needs to be rebuilt. The Osuna/Sanchez role is going to largely depend on what happens with Price and Estrada. You need 7 starters for a season and right now they have Stro/Hutch. Sure sounds like Dickey is coming back but they're still way, way short. Honestly, with this lineup, I am cool with leaving both guys down there for 2016, spending $ on the rotation, and going for it again. 2017 might be a different story.

Comment

Working...
                                X