No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great everybody gets all wet in their pants about the Santos deal and one fucking day later. THe Padres get Street for a player to be named later. complete horsehit!!

ONE FUCKING DAY LATER!!!!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      great everybody gets all wet in their pants about the Santos deal and one fucking day later. THe Padres get Street for a player to be named later. complete horsehit!!

ONE FUCKING DAY LATER!!!!
      PTBNL. Guess there wasn't much of a market for him.

Street's a nice trade chip for the Padres come June/July. He'll put up good numbers in Petco and they should be able to get some good prospects for him. Not sure what is in this for Colorado. Clearing the decks for a free agent SP? Who?

Never saw the Jays as being in on Street. He's super-pricey, he's a FA next year, and he's a fly-ball reliever who hasn't struck anyone out in 2 years. Not a great combo in the AL East. He's good enough for the NL West.

Comment

• Street is a good closer but his stuff isn't especially dominating so I don't really see him closing for a playoff team.
        On the Padres, I'm actually more interested in Gregerson

Comment

• Must be nice to be an Angels fan today. Pujols and Wilson. Albert gets his $250 over 10 and Wilson gets $77mm over 5. They'll regret that Pujols deal in 5 years but until then, sweet Jebus. That's a lot of wins they just added. Angels now the West favourites?

Not really fun being a Jays fan today. Angels, Rangers, Sox, Yankees and Rays all well ahead of Toronto. Meh, maybe they've got a deal lined up for a SP. Darvish got posted but I won't believe teh Jays are seriously pursuing him until they win the posting. Fielder is definitely out of reach now with that Pujols deal setting a bar. Better hope Rasmus, Lawrie and Johnson all perform....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            PTBNL. Guess there wasn't much of a market for him.

Street's a nice trade chip for the Padres come June/July. He'll put up good numbers in Petco and they should be able to get some good prospects for him. Not sure what is in this for Colorado. Clearing the decks for a free agent SP? Who?

Never saw the Jays as being in on Street. He's super-pricey, he's a FA next year, and he's a fly-ball reliever who hasn't struck anyone out in 2 years. Not a great combo in the AL East. He's good enough for the NL West.
            Prime wrote: View Post
            Street is a good closer but his stuff isn't especially dominating so I don't really see him closing for a playoff team.
            On the Padres, I'm actually more interested in Gregerson
            actually he's one of the better closers in the game. he was just expendable because Betancourt was cheaper.

http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2011/1...eet-for-ptbnl/

I don't know what you guys are talking about, not good on a playoff team. GTFO
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
              actually he's one of the better closers in the game. he was just expendable because Betancourt was cheaper.

http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2011/1...eet-for-ptbnl/

I don't know what you guys are talking about, not good on a playoff team. GTFO
              Top closer? Not even close.

I can name at least 10, maybe 20 guys ahead of him.

Kimbrel, Ax, Papelbon, Mariano, Bailey, Putz, Valverde, Bell, the Beard, Feliz, Cordero.... etc. Hell, I'd probably even put Santos ahead of him as well.

I mean, come on. We're talking about a guy with a 90mph fastball and a bunch of junk.

Comment

• I didn't say no good on a playoff team but I don't think he's one of the top relievers in MLB. My concerns with Street are: 1 - the flyballs and 2 - lefties. Both are major issues in the AL East, in particular at Yankee Stadium, Fenway and Skydome. That's only like 100 games.... He''l be fine in Petco cause those aren't problems in that park where you 1 - can't hit home runs 2 - lefties hit for shit.

As I said, I don't hate the trade for the Padres as you know there will be some contender in June looking to upgrade the bullpen and San Diego should get a nice piece or two in a trade. Plus, Street's an upgrade over Heath Bell.

Comment

• http://www.houseofjapan.com/sport/da...o-major-league

GO JAYS GO

Comment

• I'd be surprised if the Jays win this. I don't think they'll even make a bid. I think the Rangers will win (or the Marlins)

Comment

• the rangers need some definite help in starters. although, i guess that depends on how well webb pitches dpending on whether they resign him.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        I'd be surprised if the Jays win this. I don't think they'll even make a bid. I think the Rangers will win (or the Marlins)
                        Fraley at the Dallas Morning News is reporting that the general belief around baseball is that the Jays won the Darvish posting with a bid somehwere around the Dice-K bid (~$50mm). NYPost is also reporting that the belief is that the Jays outbid the Rangers and Yanks. Elliott at the Sun is reporting that Rogers told AA "whatever it costs, sign him".

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Fraley at the Dallas Morning News is reporting that the general belief around baseball is that the Jays won the Darvish posting with a bid somehwere around the Dice-K bid (~$50mm). NYPost is also reporting that the belief is that the Jays outbid the Rangers and Yanks. Elliott at the Sun is reporting that Rogers told AA "whatever it costs, sign him".
                          AA duped some of us. I'm hoping the Jays win his rights. it's like getting a free-free agent. The kid is a legit 1-2 starter at worst. We wouldn't have to give up any draft selections or prospects in the matter. Good on Rogers - who are arguably the wealthiest owner in MLB - telling AA to sign the kid at whatever costs.

Comment

• Holy shit i just heard !!!!!!!! this is awesome he's a beast !!!

Comment

• Top5Pick wrote: View Post
                              Holy shit i just heard !!!!!!!! this is awesome he's a beast !!!
                              It's not done yet. Griffin is reporting that nothing has changed but that his/a(?) Japanese source says Jays won. I won't believe this until it is formally announced casue the Cubs, Nats and Mariners are also in the running according to the rumour mill.

Speaking of which, how long does it take to look at a number on a sheet of paper? Nippon isn't told the team that had the bid they just get a number... on a sheet of paper. Why do you need 4 days to figure out if it's high enough? They can't negotiate a higher bid. The number is what it is. Ridiculous.

Comment

• If true, this is fantastic news.

Once again, Rogers has proven to be a VERY good owner for the Blue Jays.
                                Willing to pay money, when (and only when) its the right time to do so.

Love how the Blue Jays have been all over the American Media this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X