No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th place, 85 wins. I'd put Boston around 88-90, and the Yanks/Rays around 93. Those 4 teams are going to beat the crap out of each other but I still think Yanks/Rays get in. Angels/Rangers out West. And the mediocre Tigers win their crappy division.

The rotation question marks already have started with Cecil back to AA. Not that surprising but the lack of depth this organization used to have with pitchers is catching up. Lots of great arms are on the way... in two or three years. Going to need Drabek and Alvarez to pitch well. Need McGowan healthy. Still, the lineup is really good. Only big issues are Lind and Johnson.

Comment

• As much as I love my Jays, they won't make the playoffs this season. They need more stability in the rotation and one more masher in the lineup to protect Bautista. Looking at 86-88 wins and just finishing outside of that second wildcard spot.

Comment

• Home opener tonight! Jays are taking it 7-5 and Lawrie will smash his first long ball. Book it.

Comment

• Man, what a buzzkill tonight. I know Santos will be fine, but maybe Farrell should look at interchanging Santos and Cordero just for the time being.

Comment

• And there's no way they should hav lost to Boston tonight. Boston's not that same team.

Comment

• Terrible ending last night. Santos looks horrible at the moment. Didn't finish off spring ball that well either. Your right Mango, they should consider swapping Cordero for Santos right now until his confidence is back.

Comment

• Ok I was a little off with my prediction.

No more predictions.

Is it going to be the same old bullshit from last year? Blowing save after save, after save? Sigh. It's so deflating to the team/fans to lose like that.

Comment

• It's 4 games in and you guys already want to switch closers? 162 games, guys. 162 games. Santos was clearly overthrowing last night. The first game he had a pitch that is usually popped up go out. If it starts happening on a regular basis then you have an issue.

Some timely hitting last night would have helped, too. Bats are clearly still a step behind...

Comment

• i said santos aint nothin special and 2 saves or should i say lack there of, in, it holds true.

why the fuck joel carreno was in the rotation and not villanueva is beyond me.

we may have a better overall bullpen than last year. but, i don't think we have a better closer. thankfully, we picked up coco.

I would have already changed closers as of today, but, if he blows another before saving 2. swap him for coco or jannsen.

I would be saying we could have signed Madson, but, then we'd be even more fucked.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      i said santos aint nothin special and 2 saves or should i say lack there of, in, it holds true.

why the fuck joel carreno was in the rotation and not villanueva is beyond me.

we may have a better overall bullpen than last year. but, i don't think we have a better closer. thankfully, we picked up coco.
                      Yes, well, let's completely discount his past two seasons and his terrific stuff cause he's overthrowing - after 2 games. Not like you should cut players any slack at all out of spring training. Maybe they should send down Lawrie cause he's striking out too much or move Escobar to AAA cause he's starting slow. You know, if Arencibia had made a play or two or Bautista didn't two-hop a throw from 15-feet past first base, the game would have been tied. But, yeah, we need a scapegoat, so let's crap all over the mystical "closer" rather than the lineup that couldn't get a run off a 30-year old garbage reliever throwing 85mph.

Carreno made a spot start cause: they are turning him into a starter, he was fucking fantastic last year for the Jays, they don't want to screw with Villanueva, Carreno can go into the bullpen as an extra arm and, who cares cause he's only making one bloody start. It's like people think this is a 12-game season.... Jebus. Little perspective would be nice.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Yes, well, let's completely discount his past two seasons and his terrific stuff cause he's overthrowing - after 2 games. Not like you should cut players any slack at all out of spring training. Maybe they should send down Lawrie cause he's striking out too much or move Escobar to AAA cause he's starting slow. You know, if Arencibia had made a play or two or Bautista didn't two-hop a throw from 15-feet past first base, the game would have been tied. But, yeah, we need a scapegoat, so let's crap all over the mystical "closer" rather than the lineup that couldn't get a run off a 30-year old garbage reliever throwing 85mph.

Carreno made a spot start cause: they are turning him into a starter, he was fucking fantastic last year for the Jays, they don't want to screw with Villanueva, Carreno can go into the bullpen as an extra arm and, who cares cause he's only making one bloody start. It's like people think this is a 12-game season.... Jebus. Little perspective would be nice.
                        i'm sorry... for you that is because there should be absolutely no other perspective after a 25 blown save season.

to me we have to be tough on the Jays because they actually have a chance. The other two teams in b-ball and hockey suck and nobody gives a shit about lacrosse and everyone is a pisstank at the soccer games.

if there's optimism it's the jays and that shouldn't be taken for granted.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Ahem, Santos is throwing like a Double-A starter. Way to make a first impression on the home crowd.

What did I tell you guys about this man?

Comment

• This just confirmed Darren Oliver is 108 years old.

Comment

• Haters gonna hate.

Comment

• i'm not hating, Darren Oliver is actually 108 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X