No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope when I'm 108, I can earn 4.5 mil a year and live in 5-star hotels for half of the year - that would be sweet.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      This just confirmed Darren Oliver is 108 years old.
      I can't believe they left him in there yesterday with the bases juiced and a right handed batter at the plate...

Comment

• I see Rasmus having a good year this year.

He's having a pretty solid day today with 2 RBI's.

Oh my ... they just showed Lind with no Hat/Helmet on ... he is looking SCRUFFY these days. Holy smokes.

Comment

• Lawrie tried stealing home, MLB 12 style.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            I hope when I'm 108, I can earn 4.5 mil a year and live in 5-star hotels for half of the year - that would be sweet.
            Keep on playin the lottery.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              I can't believe they left him in there yesterday with the bases juiced and a right handed batter at the plate...
              One things for sure... John Farrel's got guts.

haha, Joey...

Rasmus Has got some wild locks going on as well.

Comment

• F*cking Cordero. Knew he'd do it.

It's the fact that he's SOO ugly, that gave him away.

Comment

• Reimold, i'm keeping my eye on this guy. He's gonna be real decent.

Haha, his nicknames coco for cunt face cock head.

Comment

• LMFAO, somebody threw a potato on the field!!!

Comment

• Good lawd, can nobody save on this team!

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                        Ahem, Santos is throwing like a Double-A starter. Way to make a first impression on the home crowd.

What did I tell you guys about this man?
                        Yep, you're a baseball savant. No good reliever in the history of baseball ever has 2 bad innings in a season. If you can't pitch 70 perfect shutout innings you're a AA pitcher. Good god.

Comment

• I agree it's a bit much to get on thier case this early in the season.

but, to sas him back with the typical sarcastic comment is no better.

Comment

• http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/20...negative-vibes

Is the Blue Jay’s Cinderella season already turning ugly sister?

Of course not. It’s only 12 games into a long schedule and the Jays were playing a decent .500 (prior to Friday’s game).

But if the twitter world is any indication, there does seem to be a mood change around the Rogers Centre these days.

The majority of tweets by Jays players coming out of spring training were full of optimism and good cheer. Not so much anymore. Frustration seems to be creeping in.

Some examples: A few days ago, NY Sports Exchange radio host Eric Mirlis tweeted this about struggling Jays catcher J.P. Arencibia, who was hitting .111 with one homer prior to Friday night’s game: “Scary bad stat line: @jparencibia9 ranked behind guys like Mike Morse and V-Mart so far this season ... and they have not played.” That promoted the normally laid-back Arencibia to reply: “@themirl please have one more donut, looks like u need it! #HowManyChinsYouWorkingWith”.

Arencibia seems like a good guy and has embraced playing in Toronto. But name calling isn’t necessary. Of course, most fans back Arencibia because of the pro athlete/hero worshipping thing.

On Friday, ace starter Ricky Romero tweeted: “Finally arrived in Kansas City. Thank u Pearson airport security for delaying us for about 2 hours. U guys are awesome... NOT!!! #Brutal”

Hopefully prospective free agents thinking of signing with a Toronto team don’t read that. Toronto franchises already have a tough time signing good players.

As well, a number of Jays reportedly weren’t impressed when the Rogers Centre fans gave it to Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul, who attended an April 12 game. Lupul tweeted: “Just gonna watch The Jay’s games on TV from here on in. Tough crowd! Felt like I was back in Ottawa. #BOOOOPUL. To which Arencibia replied: “@JLupul that was bush league of them... #PplNeedToCleanItUp.

Nor were the players impressed when the opening day crowd lustfully booed new closer Sergio Santos after he blew a save attempt.

Everyone take a deep breath.
                            I was reading this article on my phone on the way home and I thought it was pretty ridiculous.. The guy doesn't have any valid points.. Like he's using what guys are saying on twitter as sole evidence that the jays are whining.. Yet none of his examples are actually whining, they seemed like perfectly normal responses to me.. Idk, it seems like he's just looking for anything to fill the page, and this guy calls himself a journalist.. just seems like a douche to me

Comment

• J.P. is on The Dean Blundell Show every few weeks or so and he's usually a pretty funny guy which is fine and all, but in today's media you know he's gonna get blasted for that #howmanychins tweet. *Sidenote - Everytime he's on the show on a gameday he usually has a big night at the plate, normally a homerun ensues. No coincidence he had some nice hits Thursday night vs Tampa, he was on that morning!

I don't really get all the booing either, you just know most of those assholes don't know 5 players on the team and are just there to get hammered. Especially at the home opener. Baseball is a loooooonnnnnngg season. And why the F would they boo Lupul? Cause he was the second leading scorer on the team who got injured? Ignorant people should stay home and STFU.

Oh gosh, I just clicked to see who wrote the article... I hate that guy "The Beezer" Faaaaaccccckkk Aaaafffffffffffffffff buddy! Pointless article.

Santos made it interesting tonight but hew pulled through. I think he'll be fine.

Comment

• that guy totally destroyed arencibia with the reply...

when in doubt rip on yourself and fire back.

Blundell pisses me off sometimes, he's always with every girl on the phone like "oh, are you hot? you sound hot! ya, you're hot! oh, what's your but look like? oh, how bout the boobs?? what size bra you wear?"

It's like what the fuck are you gonna do buddy have an orgasm during the break to your image of what she looks like? fuck off!

Just let her tell her story and be done with it and they consistently rub it in when the story is shit and have to play like every noise on the soundboard. I have to say I hate Todd, such a tool, dude has like ADD.

such a Stern wannabe...

the braud, Josie, on after is usually even worse than them.

I listen to 97.7 htz now, Bigs and Barr are so much better, they do all the good things that the Blundell show does. But, don't go on and on about every topic all the time and don't rip people to shreads all the time.

they played the Mel Gibson thing the other day I nearly pissed my pants.

http://theinterrobang.com/2012/04/me...cnt-rant-nsfw/

open it than skip to 1:40 fing hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X