The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime wrote: View Post
    Darvish was filthy tonight. Absolutely filthy.
    Was at the game. Wasn't pretty to watch. From our point-of-view anyway. haha

Made the highlights though! Guy in front of me dropped the Homerun ball from Gentry.

Comment

He was. And the Jays taking every first pitch (invariably a 4-seamer right down the middle of the plate) made him look even better....

Comment

Also, Drabek looked the best he's looked all year against the best lineup in baseball. 18 swinging strikes, 8 SOs, his 4-seamer is back and he threw the slider for outs. And he went 6 innings.

On Darvish, he's good but he's been lucky. He's getting a pile of swinging strikes outside the zone, he's walking people, his line drive rate is high and his HR to flyball ratio is stupid low. Normalize all that and he'll come back to earth. I am curious to see what happens after he goes through the league once and batters start laying off the junk.

Comment

• Ok, the Angels are really shit.

But, damn the pitching staff is starting to get it together.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Brandon had great command with his fastball last outing hes inconsistant though.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• VLAD THE IMPALER!!.. Not anymore? Oh ...

Blue Jays sign Vladimir Guerrero
              The Toronto Blue Jays have signed veteran OF/DH Vladimir Guerrero to a minor-league deal.

The team confirmed the signing via a press release on Thursday.

Guerrero, who began his career as a member of the Montreal Expos, hit .290 with 13 home runs and 63 RBI with the Baltimore Orioles last season.

The 37-year-old veteran will report to extended spring training in Dunedin, Florida.

Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal, who first reported the deal, also indicated that it would be worth $1.3M, prorated for the time spent on the major league roster over the course of the season.

Guerrero, who was signed as an amateur free agent by the Expos in 1993, has also appeared with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and the Texas Rangers since making his Major League debut in 1996.

The Dominican Republic native captured the American League Most Valuable Player award in 2004 in his first season with the Angels. During that season he hit .337 with 39 home runs and 126 RBIs.

Comment

• I'm fine with the signing, very low risk.. Definitely better than signing Ben Francisco and Visquel at least, and probably even Cordero.. That guy is brutal.. how many games he blow so far? 10 ERA a month into the season, yikes..

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                  I'm fine with the signing, very low risk.. Definitely better than signing Ben Francisco and Visquel at least, and probably even Cordero.. That guy is brutal.. how many games he blow so far? 10 ERA a month into the season, yikes..
                  I called it at the beginning of the season. He's too damn Ugly to be a good pitcher.
                  Randy Johnson is the only one to do it successfully.

But seriously, Cordero is brutal.

Comment

• Man, the American League East is literally flipped on its head since a few years ago:

Standings Right now:
                    1. Baltimore
                    2. Tampa Bay
                    3. Toronto
                    4. New York
                    5. Boston

Standings a few years ago:
                    1. Boston
                    2. New York
                    3. Toronto
                    4. Tampa Bay
                    5. Baltimore

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Man, the American League East is literally flipped on its head since a few years ago:

Standings Right now:
                      1. Baltimore
                      2. Tampa Bay
                      3. Toronto
                      4. New York
                      5. Boston

Standings a few years ago:
                      1. Boston
                      2. New York
                      3. Toronto
                      4. Tampa Bay
                      5. Baltimore
                      Yup it's crazy times. The AL east is wide open right now and is anybody's for the taking. I really feel that when/if the Jays get consistent outings from the bullpen they have a shot to be right there at the top. It should be a fun summer.

And yes Cordero is fuking brutal...in more ways than one.

Comment

• Check this. According to Rosenthal, Anthopolous is inquiring about the availability of Hamels and Victorino.

Link - http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=395642

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Check this. According to Rosenthal, Anthopolous is inquiring about the availability of Hamels and Victorino.

Link - http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=395642
                          In AA I trust.

Wouldn't be suprised if he asked about Halladay! haha

Comment

• Cordero looks like manhamsterfish
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Every Pro Ball player needs to have as much as Brett Lawrie does out there.

Comment

• Bautista going to TOWN against the Twins this series. Lovin' it.

Comment

Working...
                                X