No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lind aint coming back for a while. If he goes unclaimed.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Lind on waivers.. idk why this comes as such a surprise to me but it honestly does. I wanted him to turn it around but I guess we need a more certain thing at the 4 spot if we are going to be a legit playoff team, but who's our first baseman now? Are we keeping Edwin there or going with Gomes? or splitting time? or looking into someone else? Orrrrrr giving Cooper a shot instead of rotting in triple A? a lot of or's and a lot of possibilities, especially when Vladdy comes up, which I'm sure he will eventually. Any theories?

Edit: It's not really a sure thing yet, just speculation that he's on outright waivers, and I don't think it's necessarily the smartest thing to do because I think he has talent and I don't see his contract being crazy. The scenario reminds me of the Rios scenario but Rios had a huge contract, Lind doesn't so I really think he could be moved and isn't much of a risk at like another year at like 10m apx.? We'll see.
      Last edited by Ryan_1523; Sun May 20, 2012, 10:45 PM. Reason: Add

Comment

• I haven't heard anything else on lind.

Btw, What's going on with the phils? Halladay and Lee are having difficulties.

I was shocked they didn't keep Oswalt and that they didn't look for a rwplacement after.

They def need a big bat. I'd be surprised if they aren't considering puting a claim on lind.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Um Lind played his first game in Triple A so I assume that means he cleared waivers?

Also, I love beating the Rays. That team annoys me, we lose so many games to them somehow, the Rays always make comebacks against the Jays. Hopefully we can win the series and inch closer to first.

I assume Oswalt wanted too much, I haven't heard about him in a while, who'd he end up with? Anyone? When I heard he didn't wanna play for the Jays I just said screw him. Phillies having some batting trouble, they definitely need some help on offense with some key guys out.

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
            Um Lind played his first game in Triple A so I assume that means he cleared waivers?

Also, I love beating the Rays. That team annoys me, we lose so many games to them somehow, the Rays always make comebacks against the Jays. Hopefully we can win the series and inch closer to first.

I assume Oswalt wanted too much, I haven't heard about him in a while, who'd he end up with? Anyone? When I heard he didn't wanna play for the Jays I just said screw him. Phillies having some batting trouble, they definitely need some help on offense with some key guys out.
            Great win against the rays for sure. It is very satisfying to see the Jays beat 'em. On the enemies turf no less. It's like you say, the rays seem to beat us the majority of the time, they are annoying as hell. Here's hoping the Jays can take this three game set on the road and sweep 'em!

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
              I haven't heard anything else on lind.

Btw, What's going on with the phils? Halladay and Lee are having difficulties.

I was shocked they didn't keep Oswalt and that they didn't look for a rwplacement after.

They def need a big bat. I'd be surprised if they aren't considering puting a claim on lind.
              Philly can't hit. Their April batting line was brutal. Numbers somewhat normalized in May but that lineup is brutal without Utley and Howard. Still, they are walking more and hitting some HRs. If Ryan Howard is still alive (who knows?) they might be able to fight back in that division.

No one is going to pick up Lind unless something strange happens. If he could play a little LF and 1B he might be more valuable to some NL team but it's hard to find suitors for a guy as atrociously bad as he's been for 2+ years.

Comment

• Lind played the first half of the season well last year to be fair, and 87 RBI is nothing to sneeze at considering he missed a lot of time, but he's definitely played horrible since, like truly bad.

Btw, I lost my wallet yesterday.. What a bitch that is, fml.. Getting id back is the worst.

Comment

Um Lind played his first game in Triple A so I assume that means he cleared waivers?

He's cleared them now thats for sure.

Oswalt is waiting til all star to sign with a team. He didn't want to go with the jays because they lowballed him.

Phils are all over the place; up, down, sideways. You name it. They probably should have hung onto Ibanez, he's still got some nice pop.

Comment

• Are you sure that the Jays lowballed him? I remember hearing back before spring training that the Jays offered him 10-15m for one year, obviously I wouldn't find the article now, but I'm sure it was at least 10m, and he didn't wanna sign with the A's or the Jays who were in the running for him. It could have been due to location to his family, idk, I just don't think it was money.

Comment

• Nah, I'll give you the family thing. But, not the money.

Jays played alright tonight. Lawrie is being a bonehead lately though. He needs to just tone it down a notch.

Comment

• Thames sent down to triple A, McCoy called up.. Another guy who will peak at .200.. Jays are a mess, they need hitters. Wish Snider wasn't injured, I like watching him play

Comment

Thames sent down to triple A, McCoy called up.. Another guy who will peak at .200.. Jays are a mess, they need hitters. Wish Snider wasn't injured, I like watching him play
                          It won't really matter much.
                          The Jays still are one of the most dangerous offensive teams in the league. We're top 10 in several categories this season. The only real thing holding us back is our bullpen.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                            It won't really matter much.
                            The Jays still are one of the most dangerous offensive teams in the league. We're top 10 in several categories this season. The only real thing holding us back is our bullpen.
                            Yes this is true to a point. But when we don't have ANY hitters batting anywhere near .300 it's pretty bad. We need one or two sluggers batting around .320/.330, to give our pitchers a little more breathing room.

Comment

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                              Yes this is true to a point. But when we don't have ANY hitters batting anywhere near .300 it's pretty bad. We need one or two sluggers batting around .320/.330, to give our pitchers a little more breathing room.
                              Batting average is one of the worst stats to use to gauge a batter's performance.
                              There's a reason why sabermetrics was invented and why it's now widely adopted.

Did you learn nothing from Moneyball?

Comment

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, that's my point. Can any of us say that the Jays have been one of the best offensive teams in the league this year? I don't think so, we've struggled a lot, but so have a lot of teams so far this year.

Anyways, Jays making up for losing 5 straight by beating the Orioles twice, nice wins. I hope Rasmus continues to play well, and I'm even liking Cooper right now.. He's looking better than Lind did, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X