No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if JP is gonna whine to Beaston when the team gets criticized for playing like highschoolers in front of 30+ thousand fans

Comment

• 14-5

ouch
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• 8-3 extra innings ...... but but ......but .....how???
        why why do we suck in everything....why?
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Well, the jays suck. But, the rays and dodgers are the two hottest teams in the league.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• wow, what a game last night edwin, man i knew this he was special wooh oooh
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              I have no doubt that this team under J Farell would have been in 'the mix'. Except manage the bull pen well, Gibby is not impressive. At this rate, it's only a matter of time before he's replaced.

IMO, an Ace and a decent 2nd baseman must be added. The pitching woes are temporary. Once the likes of Morrow, Drabek, H'son, Happ and Romero return, they'll be fine.
              Honestly can't agree with the Farrell statement.. He did nothing for the Jays, nothing, and he was so horrible at managing the bullpen.. He left guys in too long and gave guys too many chances, too many times he would throw a guy in there when we had a lead and you would know the guy was going to blow the game.. I don't like Gibbons lackadaisical approach to managing but Farrell lacked passion as well, so respect Farrell all you want for Boston's success, but he doesn't deserve anything for what he did with the Jays.

Josh Johnson, there's absolutely no chance he will resign so I wish they would get rid of him.. Basically the reason we made the Miami trade and gave up so much and we're going to let him walk for nothing, brilliant..

No matter what, Romero is my favorite Jay.. I don't care about his struggles, he's legit.. Look at the time line guys, it all goes back to his breakup with Rima Fakih.. She was amazing, and she liked the Jays too, I miss her almost as much, no matter how crazy she is.

PS of all the guys you mentioned coming back I feel like none besides the oft injured Morrow (and Romero for me obviously) are better than fifth starters.. Really not consistent and lack experience as starters.. You can't be a contender and rely on guys like that.

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                Honestly can't agree with the Farrell statement.. He did nothing for the Jays, nothing, and he was so horrible at managing the bullpen.. He left guys in too long and gave guys too many chances, too many times he would throw a guy in there when we had a lead and you would know the guy was going to blow the game.. I don't like Gibbons lackadaisical approach to managing but Farrell lacked passion as well, so respect Farrell all you want for Boston's success, but he doesn't deserve anything for what he did with the Jays.

Josh Johnson, there's absolutely no chance he will resign so I wish they would get rid of him.. Basically the reason we made the Miami trade and gave up so much and we're going to let him walk for nothing, brilliant..

No matter what, Romero is my favorite Jay.. I don't care about his struggles, he's legit.. Look at the time line guys, it all goes back to his breakup with Rima Fakih.. She was amazing, and she liked the Jays too, I miss her almost as much, no matter how crazy she is.

PS of all the guys you mentioned coming back I feel like none besides the oft injured Morrow (and Romero for me obviously) are better than fifth starters.. Really not consistent and lack experience as starters.. You can't be a contender and rely on guys like that.

I didn't like the way Farell handled the pitchers either. I agree that he left starters in for too long. I remember many comfortable leads turning into close finishes. That's the only thing about Farell I didn't like and it's the only thing about Gibby that I do like.

I'm not a fan of Farell the person and I don't want to see him back with the Jays BUT I must say that other than the above mentioned(pitching), he is a good Manager. At this time the last two years, with much inferior teams, the Jays were in much better shape. The over-performing BoSox are also proof.

The only good thing about the teams terrible showing is that it could mean Gibby's firing.

Romero is a legitimate talent. He can't stay in a slump for too long. I'm confident he'll return and be as successful as before.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Farrell isn't that great. The Red Sox gave up on valentine last year cause they wanted him gone. They're having a good year for sure but I don't think you can say they're are "over-performing" since they purposely under- performs last season

Comment

• Why is Esmil Rogers still starting?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      Why is Esmil Rogers still starting?
                      Easy answer.. We literally have no one else, it's easy to hide him when we have guys like Dickey and Josh Johnson doing worse than him.. Redmond pitched yesterday, no? (well pitched game, but) Who tf is he? Basically just trying to patch up a sinking ship.. Putting some play doh over the holes and just hoping for the best until we regroup and try again next year..

Comment

• Rogers was their most consistent starter prior to last night. This team is just broken

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                          Rogers was their most consistent starter prior to last night. This team is just broken
                          Consistent at what? Being about average?

He's had a couple of good starts. But he's allowed 4 or more in 4 of his last 7 starts..

Comment

• What happened to Chad Jenkins? He was doing a decent job.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                              What happened to Chad Jenkins? He was doing a decent job.
                              He got optioned to buffalo back in June

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                                He got optioned to buffalo back in June

I think he always got a raw deal with the Jays. A big guy with a 3 something ERA(I could be wrong but not by a lot) should be in the majors especially when there's a pitching crisis.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X