No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When AA was hired, after an initial disapproval, it didn't take long for me to absolutely adore the guy. Some brilliant moves, mainly set us up for the future. Then came the moves that included the big trade with Florida. I admired that as well. While I still like him very much, I disagree with some of the moves he's made.

The first one I didn't like one bit was hiring Gibbons. I liked the Dickey trade, only I didn't like the cost. The recent Navarro signing also puzzles me. Yes J P had a bad year and considering the situation, it doesn't make sense to sign him to a long term deal but I think he would have given us just as much as Navarro if not more for a lesser price for maybe one year. When I heard the deal that the Padres signed Josh Johnson to, I thought AA could have got him for the same amount and term. While it's possible he(JJ) doesn't work out, it's also very possible he returns to the solid form he was in.

However I still like AA and know that he's capable of producing a winner.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Anthopoulos isn't going to do anything. What he really should be doing is building back the farm system. Trade off everyone - Bautista, Buerhle, Encarnacion, Dickey, Reyes and just start with the younger guys - Rasmus, Lawrie, Gose. It's gonna be hard to leapfrog teams that finished ahead and got stronger. It makes no sense to stay status quo and just hope for the best.
      Are you starting a tank-movement for the Jays now too Mango?! Haha

Comment

• Jays should go after Cano... Haha

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Jays should go after Cano... Haha
          They better at least make him an offer. Maybe he wants to play with his buddy Edwin

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            They better at least make him an offer. Maybe he wants to play with his buddy Edwin
            Jose Reyes is Dominican as well. Can be a nice little National-team reunion. Lol

And an infield of Cano, Reyes and Lawrie would be DIRTY.

Apparently Seattle is ready to offer him 9-years, $240M or something crazy like that.

Comment

• Cano is actually going to seattle..

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                Cano is actually going to seattle..
                Really? I just read he's not ready to decide on the M's offer. Could be old news though.

Comment

• http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...nson-cano.html

many sources are confirming that he's going to Seattle for sure

Comment

Anthopoulos isn't going to do anything. What he really should be doing is building back the farm system. Trade off everyone - Bautista, Buerhle, Encarnacion, Dickey, Reyes and just start with the younger guys - Rasmus, Lawrie, Gose. It's gonna be hard to leapfrog teams that finished ahead and got stronger. It makes no sense to stay status quo and just hope for the best.
                    You know, I think he's trying to keep his job...
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                      When AA was hired, after an initial disapproval, it didn't take long for me to absolutely adore the guy. Some brilliant moves, mainly set us up for the future. Then came the moves that included the big trade with Florida. I admired that as well. While I still like him very much, I disagree with some of the moves he's made.

The first one I didn't like one bit was hiring Gibbons. I liked the Dickey trade, only I didn't like the cost. The recent Navarro signing also puzzles me. Yes J P had a bad year and considering the situation, it doesn't make sense to sign him to a long term deal but I think he would have given us just as much as Navarro if not more for a lesser price for maybe one year. When I heard the deal that the Padres signed Josh Johnson to, I thought AA could have got him for the same amount and term. While it's possible he(JJ) doesn't work out, it's also very possible he returns to the solid form he was in.

However I still like AA and know that he's capable of producing a winner.
                      Arencibia flat out sucked and he had attitude/ego problems. Either put up or shut up and he did neither.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        You know, I think he's trying to keep his job...
                        He can still keep his job by rebuilding the farm system and cutting a bit of payroll. The experiment just didn't work out. They will have 2 picks in the top 11 next year, and if they can get some very good prospects from Encarnacion, Bautista and Dickey, the chance to strike will be a bit more prominent and perhaps then they can start adding payroll in a couple of years time. By that time, you'll have guys like Sanchez and Stroman to add to a rotation that would have Drew Hutchison.

Comment

He can still keep his job by rebuilding the farm system and cutting a bit of payroll. The experiment just didn't work out. They will have 2 picks in the top 11 next year, and if they can get some very good prospects from Encarnacion, Bautista and Dickey, the chance to strike will be a bit more prominent and perhaps then they can start adding payroll in a couple of years time. By that time, you'll have guys like Sanchez and Stroman to add to a rotation that would have Drew Hutchison.
                          Things didn't work out last year but it's not time to give up. Yes it was disappointing but it (last year) was only the first real contending year in AA's tenure.
                          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                            Things didn't work out last year but it's not time to give up. Yes it was disappointing but it (last year) was only the first real contending year in AA's tenure.
                            I'm just taking a look at the rest of the division - the Yankees got stronger, the Red Sox, sure they lost Ellsbury (but they have Jackie Bradley Jr waiting), they just re-signed Napoli and they still have the best starting staff in the division, the Rays only take a step back (this year) if they trade Price - but they will still have Matt Moore, Chris Archer and Alex Cobb among others. Take into account that the Rangers, Athletics and Mariners got stronger, it just doesn't look good on us. We have some talent, but the talent rarely stays healthy. I think teams will overpay for contract-friendly contracts like Encarnacion and Bautista.

Comment

• Yankees get stronger - Beltran signs for 3 years, 45 mil.

LINK

Comment

• Jays can still get stronger as well. Baseball is a very unpredictable sport, just look at the Red Sox; they sucked with a stacked team last year, but won the world series with what was known as a terrible roster before the season began

Comment

Working...
                                X