Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    lol Blue Jays suck
    I'm guessin you don't watch and say that from an outsiders view. This version should be very competitive this year, even with all the young talent.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      First blown save of the season. Still waiting for the prolonged Reyes injury
      It didn't take long for the DL lol... sucks so bad!

Comment

• Like the youth movement. Just wish AA didn't build so much through waivers

Comment

• Youth movement is over. Guess Muni will be playing second soon and Francis will be a starter.

Comment

• Season is over.

Seriously though, they need to rebuild. They're not winning with this group that they have. The Dickey trade set the franchise back for years.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

TRex wrote: View Post
              Season is over.

Seriously though, they need to rebuild. They're not winning with this group that they have. The Dickey trade set the franchise back for years.
              I agree with the Dickey trade being a bad move. However, I don't think it set us back for years. Martin replaces D'Arnaud.

I love the Travis trade and the Donaldson trade. Russell Martin was a good free agent signing. We have some really good position players. Our issue is the pitching. We need a clear #1 starter and maybe another good vet/experienced starter. We also need to upgrade our bullpen.

ALex Anthopolous always seems to leave holes in his rosters. I also don't think it's a good idea to rely on so many young/unproven pitchers and players.

That being said, they sent Norris and Pompey back down to triple A. It will be interesting to see how the team performs over the next few weeks.

Edit: the season is NOT over!! It's ridiculous to write off a baseball team with this much talent this early (we just finished April). A Baseball season has 162 games so the season is stupid long. There may still be opportunities to upgrade this roster.
              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by special1; Sat May 2, 2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Forget about d'Arnaud. Noah Syndergaard looks like a future ACE.

Bottomline - you don't trade BLUE CHIP prospects like Syndergaard and d'Arnaud for a 38 year old pitcher. That trade was beyond dumb.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Forget about d'Arnaud. Noah Syndergaard looks like a future ACE.

Bottomline - you don't trade BLUE CHIP prospects like Syndergaard and d'Arnaud for a 38 year old pitcher. That trade was beyond dumb.
                  I agree ....it wasn't even needed at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Forget about d'Arnaud. Noah Syndergaard looks like a future ACE.

I said that trade was terrible from the start. Dickey was never a elite pitcher. He had one stellar year.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      I said that trade was terrible from the start. Dickey was never a elite pitcher. He had one stellar year.
                      Had more trouble because he's a knuckle baller. Didn't like the Marlin trade either then or now

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        He had three actually. His Cy Young year and the two years before that he was actually near-elite/elite.

Of course, yeah he was old.
                        Last edited by Mindlessness; Sun May 10, 2015, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                          He had a three actually. His Cy Young year and the two years before that he was actually near-elite/elite.

Of course, yeah he was old.
                          Age wasn't as big a deal as ballpark. He was going to give up home runs in Toronto and the defense behind him was bad. It was never going to work

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Age wasn't as big a deal as ballpark. He was going to give up home runs in Toronto and the defense behind him was bad. It was never going to work
                            I'm quite sure park factors didn't affect his pitching ability anywhere near as much as him simply growing old and not being physically capable of being that good as he was years prior.

It was a risky trade, somehow both prospects who were flipped have ended up becoming or look like they will become good impact players. That doesn't happen often.

Comment

• No talk of Jeff Hoffman eh? I believe he's set to debut on the 20th, and if this kid is the real deal, I'm pretty excited to see what he's got.

Hoffman’s first pitch registered 97 on the radar gun. Later, he hit 98 four times. Anthopoulos feared that Hoffman was trying too hard to impress the boss and his chief aides.

But the coaches and training staff in Dunedin who had been watching Hoffman were unworried.

“Everybody assured us he was throwing easy,” Anthopoulos said Sunday.
                              Last edited by Joey; Thu May 14, 2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                No talk of Jeff Hoffman eh? I believe he's set to debut on the 20th, and if this kid is the real deal, I'm pretty excited to see what he's got.
                                There have been rumblings that he might be their best prospect in a system laden with great pitching prospects. Superior to Norris. If not for the TJ he would have been the #1 overall pick (likely), so there's that.

He's got a fastball that goes 92-96 and, apparently, a hammer of a 12-6 curveball. He's only 22, so, you know, patience.....

Comment

Working...
                                X