No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blue Jays also become the first team since the 1954 Indians to record a pair of winning streaks that lasted at least 11 games in the same year.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      How the hell was there a Sell-Out at Rogers Center today?! Unbelievable!

And why the hell was it an Afternoon game today??
      Day drinking is now acceptable and encouraged by most doctors

Comment

How the hell was there a Sell-Out at Rogers Center today?! Unbelievable!

And why the hell was it an Afternoon game today??
        Surely it was all summer camps and hookey players! I prefer to watch though, rather than listen at work. But it does beat the radio songs I'm hearing these days, by a country mile.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          Surely it was all summer camps and hookey players! I prefer to watch though, rather than listen at work. But it does beat the radio songs I'm hearing these days, by a country mile.
          Rob Ford was there doing lines off a hookers back making it rain bills.

Comment

• Wow.

It really does feel like we aren't gonna lose again this year.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Wow.

It really does feel like we aren't gonna lose again this year.
              Best part of leading the division, Jays don't need to go undefeated the rest of the season. They just need to be +1 game over the Yankees.

Comment

• Apparently the Jays have reached out to Dave Dombrowski to replace current President Paul Beeston at the end of the season ... *drooool*

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...ners-nationals

Comment

• Oh, and this....

The Blue Jays are the new favorites to win the World Series, according to Bovada. Source
                  Which can be confirmed by going here: https://sports.bovada.lv/baseball/ml...s-market-group

Comment

Oh, and this....

Which can be confirmed by going here: https://sports.bovada.lv/baseball/ml...s-market-group
                    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but weren't all the pundits claiming we're title contenders after the Dickey/Reyes acquisitions?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Not to be a Negative Nancy, but weren't all the pundits claiming we're title contenders after the Dickey/Reyes acquisitions?
                      Difference is these trades actually resulted in wins vs winning in the offseason. Moving Sanchez to the bullpen and upgrading the defense were the big moves. Rogers filled the infield with quicksand and Reyes still couldn't go left and throw accurately

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Um... Dickey played in the AL before going to the Mets (Texas and Seattle).
                        Yep...he was also with Minn.& Mil. I believe but mostly in the minors and wasnt very good...did not get successful until he got to the Mets on a bargain deal and then they decided to cash in their chips after his Cy Young year. He has not come close to duplicating that year. Hope he continues with his current form though!

My statement however was just a general observation....and changing leagues as well either way sometimes requires adjustment.

Comment

• So I guess the fans have already nearly paid for Tulo's extra Money ... Hope the Raptors are watching ...

[By trading for Tulo, we took on] an extra $46 million. It was a risk. Except, the Blue Jays have apparently almost made that money back already. From Financial Post:

Overall, (Team Marketing) estimates that a group of four would pay $270.43 for the whole trip to the ball game, just a few dollars over the MLB average.

That works out to $67.61 per person. Multiply that by 465,000 more bums in seats and you’ve got a whopping $31.4 million — more than triple the extra spending on salaries.

Now, I'm no economan, so I can't replicate those numbers. And those are Canadian dollars, which are about 75 percent as strong as U.S. dollars right now. Still, we're talking about two weeks of extra Blue Jays excitement.

It's almost like ... getting the fans excited helps teams make money? Maybe the Marlins haven't been right this whole time.

Source

Comment

• Damn, tough loss. Will keep the guys hungry .. I expect a demolition tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

• All good thiings must come to an end, unfortunately.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I watched the final two innings at a bar... It felt like a leaf or Raptor playoff game to be honest... Unfortunately, when Beltran came in I thought to myself .oO(He's gonna hit a dinger here)... and sure enough he did. Terrible pitch by Sanchez, should've went with a dirty off-speed rather than ANOTHER fastball straight down the pipe. All good things come to an end though, and i expect Estrada to come out strong once again tomorrow.

I rrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaallllllllyyyyy wanted to see Donaldson get a crack at it to end the game!

Comment

Working...
                                X