Trade Deadline:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    If it came down picking Kyrie Irving or trade the pick for Rubio; I'd take Irving.
    I'd like to see how Irving plays coming back from injury first before I'd even entertain the thought of taking him over a Rubio deal.

Comment

If it came down picking Kyrie Irving or trade the pick for Rubio; I'd take Irving.
      +1 joey and if it even came down to choosing Terrence Jones or Rubio, I'd go instead for Terrence Jones too lol.

Comment

Rubio is more of a difference maker than Jones. Hands down.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Rubio is more of a difference maker than Jones. Hands down.
          How can you say 'Hands down' though... that's being a little presumptious isn't it? Do you watch Rubio play on a consistent basis?.. Do you watch Jones? I'd say TJo has a chance to be a REAL difference maker if you look at his combination of defense/athleticism/Heart.
          Rubio just seems like a bit of a primadonna.

Comment

Rubio has been a punching bag around here for a while now. People, the guy has an ungodly amount of talent and he's only 20 years old. Sure, he's had some struggles as of late but overall he's still been very good this past year. I think we forget that we're not talking about a kid playing NCAA basketball against other kids. Rubio is overseas playing against men. If he were playing NCAA ball he'd be looking crazy good right now and if had he been declaring this season he'd probably go #1.

Kevin Durant after facing Rubio on August 23rd of last year:
            While Kevin Durant managed to block Rubio’s last-gasp attempt at the close, the Oklahoma City forward came away impressed from his first brush with the 19-year-old.

“He’s an amazing defender, that’s one thing that stood out to me is how well he pressured the ball and disrupted our offense,” said Durant, who led the game with 25 points. “He’s flashy, he’s crafty as well and the passes he did tonight were kind of amazing.”
            Coach K:
            U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski expects Rubio to be a great NBA guard as he continues to physically grow.

“He’s gotten bigger and he plays outstanding defense, and because he’s a pass-first guard — he’s going to be liked by everybody who plays with him,” said Krzyzewski, whose U.S. team came up against Rubio in the Olympic final two years ago. “He’s improved his shooting and he’s not afraid.”
            Derrick Rose:
            “It was great just to test him. He’s a young player and he played great,” Rose said. “He really runs the offense well … I think he’s ready for the NBA.”
            Source:timerwolves.basketball-news-update.com

Comment

How can you say 'Hands down' though... that's being a little presumptious isn't it? Do you watch Rubio play on a consistent basis?.. Do you watch Jones? I'd say TJo has a chance to be a REAL difference maker if you look at his combination of defense/athleticism/Heart.
              Rubio just seems like a bit of a primadonna.
              You call Rubio a primadonna meanwhile the scouting report on Jones is that he's very selfish and has attitude problems. I'll take the primadonna anyday of the week. I wonder why you're getting so defensive here. You need to ease up.

I see Rubio whenever his games are on NBATV and I watched him play at the WC's and Olympics. ANd right now, Rubio plays against MEN. Jones plays against other kids. I've seen Jones play - I've seen his shitty attitude towards his coaches, teammates and other players. It's pretty sickening. While his game IS good, I'm not discounting that, at the SF position, you're looking for guys with explosiveness and quite frankly, he doesn't have it.

Comment

Take Rubio over Kyrie any day.

Comment

Rubio is taking heat for not wanting to take a pay cut to go play in Minnesota. Rubio is a professional basketball player. He's not sitting on the sideline with his arms crossed. He's playing on a high level and making lots of cash. He's not Steve Francis. He's fine being a pro in Spain. It's a tough situation for Minnesota fans right now. I can see where they'd be coming from but at the same time I can put myself in Rubio's shoes. Why the heck would he want to lose millions in a pay cut to go play in a city he has no interest in? It makes no sense for him. The T-Wolves dropped the ball. They had zero leverage. They were warned and yet they proceeded anyway even though they had just drafted Johnny Flynn the very pick before.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Mon Feb 14, 2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Rubio it taking heat for not wanting to take a pay cut to go play in Minnesota. Rubio is a professional basketball player. He's not sitting on the sideline with his arms crossed. He's playing on a high level and making lots of cash. He's not Steve Francis. He's fine being a pro in Spain. It's a tough situation for Minnesota fans right now. I can see where they'd be coming from but at the same time I can put myself in Rubio's shoes. Why the heck would he want to lose millions in a pay cut to go play in a city he has no interest in? It makes no sense for him. The T-Wolves dropped the ball. They had zero leverage. They were warned and yet they proceeded anyway even though they had just draft Johnny Flynn the very pick before.
                    David Kahn is not known for his intelligence though is he.

I feel bad for the MIN fans though, seems like he's giving the bird to their team.

Comment

You call Rubio a primadonna meanwhile the scouting report on Jones is that he's very selfish and has attitude problems. I'll take the primadonna anyday of the week. I wonder why you're getting so defensive here. You need to ease up.

I see Rubio whenever his games are on NBATV and I watched him play at the WC's and Olympics. ANd right now, Rubio plays against MEN. Jones plays against other kids. I've seen Jones play - I've seen his shitty attitude towards his coaches, teammates and other players. It's pretty sickening. While his game IS good, I'm not discounting that, at the SF position, you're looking for guys with explosiveness and quite frankly, he doesn't have it.
                      I wasn't at all being defensive, so I'm fine with not 'easing up'. Thanks though.
                      I was simply asking how you can make such a definitive statement, when both players have been known to display weaknesses that take away from being 'Difference' makers.
                      I've never been super high on TJo myself either, and frankly am not sold on taking him over PJones, but to say that Rubio is "Hands down more of a difference maker" is a little bit much.

Comment

Most players Rubio's age have question marks. Rubio has fewer than most young players his age. Rubio has more natural talent and upside than anyone on the Raptors.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Most players Rubio's age have question marks. Rubio has fewer than most young players his age. Rubio has more natural talent and upside than anyone on the Raptors.
                          I would probably disagree with that statement. But I guess I see what you're saying.

Comment

I wasn't at all being defensive, so I'm fine with not 'easing up'. Thanks though.
                            I was simply asking how you can make such a definitive statement, when both players have been known to display weaknesses that take away from being 'Difference' makers.
                            I've never been super high on TJo myself either, and frankly am not sold on taking him over PJones, but to say that Rubio is "Hands down more of a difference maker" is a little bit much.
                            So after my post, why make a comment like
                            that's being a little presumptious isn't it? Do you watch Rubio play on a consistent basis?.. Do you watch Jones? "
                            . That smacks of someone being defensive. If you don't agree with me, that's perfectly fine, no one ever gonna agree with everyone else all the time, but dont post nonsense like "Do you watch Player X?" or "Have you seen player Y play?". Comments like that are BS.

As for Rubio, the kid's only 20, and he's been playing in a league with real men for the past few seasons and has won countless awards (Mr. Europa, FIBA's Young player of the year 3 years in a row, Spanish League DPOY, Spanish League's best point guard, among others). He played point for Spain at the Olympics at age 17 - on the senior mens team. You don't think awards like that showcase that the could be an impact player in the NBA? That's how I can make a statement that he can be a difference maker.

Comment

but dont post nonsense like "Do you watch Player X?" or "Have you seen player Y play?". Comments like that are BS.
                              Completely didn't mean it that way. And now that I read it again it does come off rather arrogant, and I apologize. I did not mean for that.
                              I simply meant that I do not watch alot of Rubio or TJones, and am mostly just going off of what I have read. I'll be honest. And I was curious if you did, as that would concede you have more knowledge and I should shut my yap. Completely innocent.

As for Rubio, the kid's only 20, and he's been playing in a league with real men for the past few seasons and has won countless awards (Mr. Europa, FIBA's Young player of the year 3 years in a row, Spanish League DPOY, Spanish League's best point guard, among others). He played point for Spain at the Olympics at age 17 - on the senior mens team. You don't think awards like that showcase that the could be an impact player in the NBA? That's how I can make a statement that he can be a difference maker.
                              Again, I'll admit ignorance, as I just go off what I read. I wasn't at all against Rubio, I was simply asking if there was anything to back up that statement. You did, and I'm the more knowledgable for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X