No announcement yet.

Raptors Looking To Deal Draft Picks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which isn't that bad of a deal. I'd do it.

Comment

Me too. Rudy would offer some added versatility at the guard spot. Someone would have to make way for him to get PT though. If they can flip the Miami pick for a quality role player then I would totally support that. Chances of them drafting such a player with one of the last picks inthe first round aren't great... Then again, as I mentioned earlier, Colangelo seems to have this uncanny ability to unearth good players no matter the situation. Sure he misses like anybody else but I think he's hit more home runs than most later in the draft. If he keeps the pick I expect to see him go after a senior or junior.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Knowing Colangelo he will probably deal our second first round pick and Sonny Weems for the like of Rudy Fernandez.
        I'd do it.

Comment

Rudy Fernandez for a low first round pick? What are the chances of getting someone as good as Fernandez at 28 (which is where the Raptors would draft if the season finished today)?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Rudy Fernandez for a low first round pick? What are the chances of getting someone as good as Fernandez at 28 (which is where the Raptors would draft if the season finished today)?
            AND Sonny Weems. Don't forget that... hahah

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Knowing Colangelo he will probably deal our second first round pick and Sonny Weems for the like of Rudy Fernandez.
              Unfortunately, we don`t have a second round pick this year (have we ever had a second round pick under BC? lmao. Maybe that is why the team looks disjointed. A couple of second round picks could have gotten us some solid role players at the worst or steals(Manu Ginobili, DeAndre Jordan or the buzzer-beater Gilbert Arenas)), we lost it to the Detroit Pistons in the Carlos Delfino trade for Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems. Sorry to bust your bubble lol .

Comment

If we couldn't move up, I'd really try moving the Heat's pick for another one in the same range in next year's draft.

Comment

I'd do it, but regrettably.

I think I'd prefer Fernandez because Weems is the lesser of talents out of DD and Weems, and they render each other somewhat redundant. We'd get back some outside shooting, but I worry about Fernandez's attitude. Also, does he even play defense?

I'd trade it straight up for Anthony Randolph. I'm still high on him and truly believe he hasn't gotten a chance.

I'd also move that pick for Omri Casspi.

So, essentially, still youth and potential talents, but a bit more predictability (outside of Randolph)
                  It's about money

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                    Unfortunately, we don`t have a second round pick this year (have we ever had a second round pick under BC? lmao. Maybe that is why the team looks disjointed. A couple of second round picks could have gotten us some solid role players at the worst or steals(Manu Ginobili, DeAndre Jordan or the buzzer-beater Gilbert Arenas)), we lost it to the Detroit Pistons in the Carlos Delfino trade for Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems. Sorry to bust your bubble lol .
                    he said second 1st round pick, as in Miami's pick. Not 2nd round pick.
                    Honest mistake. But I agree. 2nd round picks are often over looked as after thoughts.

Comment

This draft actually has a lot of talent, just no 'star' talent. Having a couple picks in the 10-20 range would be great in a draft like this.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        he said second 1st round pick, as in Miami's pick. Not 2nd round pick.
                        Honest mistake. But I agree. 2nd round picks are often over looked as after thoughts.
                        Point taken but the second pick he said was really ambiguous though lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X