Blake Griffin Could Have Been A Raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    blake got injuried very shortly after that. people would of had BC head if he made that trade.
    Agreed. I can already see the 'fire BC' threads.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
      blake got injuried very shortly after that. people would of had BC head if he made that trade.
      I think his main concern is MLSE. I think they would have backed him. You can't predict injuries. No doubt us fans would have been upset because we wouldn't have known there was some crap on the back burner waiting to burn us anyway.

Comment

who cares?

i could have been a doctor had i not consistently fell asleep in science class.

if life were an episode of "sliders" and you could travel to alternate realities, cool... i'd visit this "blake in toronto" world.. but its not sliders.. so it means nothing.

Comment

Pretty obvious why he didn't do it. Who trades a proven perennial all-star for a unproven 1st overall pick and a horrible contract?

It's easy to say now because it's hindsight and Blake is raping the NBA. If Blake had a normal/bad rookie year this wouldn't even exist and wouldn't be brought up.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Colangelo had no idea he was going to bolt.
            Really!?!? The rest of us did.

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
              You should have applied for BC's job then.

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
                BS. Not 2 seasons ago, you didn't. Not even at Xmas last year. No one "knew" he was leaving until after the all-star break last year, and even then, it was pure speculation.

No way would any self-respecting GM trade a steady 20-10 guy with All-Star pedigree and 2 years left on his contract for a #1 pick.
                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
                  BS. Not 2 seasons ago, you didn't. Not even at Xmas last year. No one "knew" he was leaving until after the all-star break last year, and even then, it was pure speculation.

What a load of garbage. The minute Bosh didn't sign his extension myself and others were saying he needed to be traded, and he wasn't going to resign with Toronto. Stated that numerous times over the years and all I got were people with their fingers in their ear wanting to not believe it. Completely ignoring what was going on with him and the history of players in Toronto. Then it happens and people suddenly think no one could have predicted this? Please. Just because some didn't want to believe it was possible, doesn't mean others didn't see it happening.

That said, I will agree though few GMs would have traded a 20-10 Allstar for an unknown quantity (although highly valued asset) and a bad contract.... but those other GMs aren't in Toronto's situation. And if that was the best deal available for Bosh it should have been taken. But I'd wager their were better offers that were passed up to.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                    What a load of garbage. The minute Bosh didn't sign his extension myself and others were saying he needed to be traded, and he wasn't going to resign with Toronto. Stated that numerous times over the years and all I got were people with their fingers in their ear wanting to not believe it. Completely ignoring what was going on with him and the history of players in Toronto. Then it happens and people suddenly think no one could have predicted this? Please. Just because some didn't want to believe it was possible, doesn't mean others didn't see it happening.

That said, I will agree though few GMs would have traded a 20-10 Allstar for an unknown quantity (although highly valued asset) and a bad contract.... but those other GMs aren't in Toronto's situation. And if that was the best deal available for Bosh it should have been taken. But I'd wager their were better offers that were passed up to.
                    I agree and disagree.

Agree that a lot of us did assume that he was never going to re-sign with the raps. and the keyword is assume. with him not signing the extension is already a 50% indicator that he will not be back on this team. I say 50% because there's still a chance you can convince him to stay but half of him has already gone out the door.

Disagree that there was a deal out there, at that time, that would make sense trading Bosh for. No deal would make sense, well unless youre trading for Lebron James or D-wade, but there was no indication that Bosh wanted out, at that moment in the season. He was playing to his potential, he was of good character and he was hardworking and respectful to the team. If youre the GM, and youre going to trade your best player "because he might leave at the end of the season" then thats bad GM'ing. You cant surrender to the fact that he's going to leave, unless he flat out said it to your face. Unless he says otherwise, you will do everything in your power to get him to stay. and this is why im ticked at Bosh and not BC, he couldve easily said, hey BC, im not signing next season, so do what you need to do, but of course a sane player wont do that, because if he did, BC couldve easily traded him to a lowly team and that will not be good for his resume specially with him becoming a FA. Bosh played with everybody, played it coy, saying he's still undecided. that way, he protected his rep, his resume intact and he had control as to what he can do with his career. you cant fault him for that coz he should think of himself first, but i despise him for all the lies and toying with emotions.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post

TWO YEARS AGO you thought this? Last year, maybe you held that opinion. Two years ago, NOBODY was talking about trading Bosh. Revisionist history is beautiful... It's just nonsense to proclaim you knew he was leaving.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Good to see Doug Smith is all over the 20-month old trade scenarios. Maybe next week he'll fill us in on some juicy rumours from 2002!

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
                          TWO YEARS AGO you thought this? Last year, maybe you held that opinion. Two years ago, NOBODY was talking about trading Bosh. Revisionist history is beautiful... It's just nonsense to proclaim you knew he was leaving.
                          No. Two years ago I stated this. The minute I learned he turned down the extension I stated it. I was not the only one to do so. This is not revisionist history... just because YOU didn't feel that way doesn't mean others didn't. I'm sorry you are one of the many who are ignorant to Raptor's player history... but that doesn't mean the rest of us are to. The financial potential outside of Toronto was just to big to ignore.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            I agree and disagree.

Agree that a lot of us did assume that he was never going to re-sign with the raps. and the keyword is assume. with him not signing the extension is already a 50% indicator that he will not be back on this team. I say 50% because there's still a chance you can convince him to stay but half of him has already gone out the door.

Disagree that there was a deal out there, at that time, that would make sense trading Bosh for. No deal would make sense, well unless youre trading for Lebron James or D-wade, but there was no indication that Bosh wanted out, at that moment in the season. He was playing to his potential, he was of good character and he was hardworking and respectful to the team. If youre the GM, and youre going to trade your best player "because he might leave at the end of the season" then thats bad GM'ing. You cant surrender to the fact that he's going to leave, unless he flat out said it to your face. Unless he says otherwise, you will do everything in your power to get him to stay. and this is why im ticked at Bosh and not BC, he couldve easily said, hey BC, im not signing next season, so do what you need to do, but of course a sane player wont do that, because if he did, BC couldve easily traded him to a lowly team and that will not be good for his resume specially with him becoming a FA. Bosh played with everybody, played it coy, saying he's still undecided. that way, he protected his rep, his resume intact and he had control as to what he can do with his career. you cant fault him for that coz he should think of himself first, but i despise him for all the lies and toying with emotions.
                            You can call it an assumption if you want. I really didn't doubt it. But thats just me.

As for trades... I really don't know what was or wasn't available for Bosh. But I don't agree that trading Bosh would have been a bad move for a GM. Would it have been a ballsy move? Yeah, and the fan base may have eaten him alive. But it also would have been the smart choice. Even if we don't consider whether he was walking or not... he wasn't the guy to build around, or give a max deal to. He was much more valuable as an asset than a player. I'm not saying it would be an easy decision, and I can understand him not making a move... but I don't think not moving him was a better decision.

Comment

Working...
                            X