Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan #12 on ESPN Insider list of Top Rookies and Sophomores

12. DeMar DeRozan, Raptors
    As a starting 2-guard in the NBA, DeRozan still needs to improve in a lot of areas -- namely the 3-ball -- but watching the Raptors lately is basically watching the DeMar DeRozan Show. He is their most dynamic young player and, since December, has been their most productive and consistent scorer after Andrea Bargnani.
    DeRozan has become lethal as a shooter off curls and is attacking the rim more when closely guarded on the perimeter. He pairs nicely with Ed Davis in Toronto as consecutive first-round picks who look like core guys going forward.
    No mention of Davis.

Arse you shouldn't be surprsised or dissapointed about the poor coverage of the Raptors on ESPN. It's like me complaining that TSN isn't giving Boston enough coverage.

Also, the fact that Derozan and Davis are recognized as good core guys going forward. I think we can be happy about our lottery picks the past two years and hopefully make it three. (Kyrie is looking to come back to Duke). Also, the last 4 home games proved to me that when healthy and rested, this is a .400 team like they were in November.

Hopefully, with two good players that we draft and adding one or two vets. I think that (when healthy) this team will be a .500 team next year,, with good flexibility.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      No mention of Davis.
      huh?! maybe not on the list but in that paragraph on Demar, they did give some props to Davis.

However largley Davis is being ignored by the US media, which is fine by me. Ignore him in the draft, ignore him from being rightfully selected to the rookie game and ignore him on this list, all that its doing is just motivating the kid to be better. By the end of it, he might just accomplish or be better then all the other big men in the 2010 draft.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        huh?! maybe not on the list but in that paragraph on Demar, they did give some props to Davis.

However largley Davis is being ignored by the US media, which is fine by me. Ignore him in the draft, ignore him from being rightfully selected to the rookie game and ignore him on this list, all that its doing is just motivating the kid to be better. By the end of it, he might just accomplish or be better then all the other big men in the 2010 draft.
        And he is going to have a great game tonight. Match him up against Bosh please Triano. The Past and the Present!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Don't think that would be a huge feat, considering the best big man in the draft was Cousins.

Comment

Working...
          X