No announcement yet.

Raptors / Heat Postgame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i usually don't like complaining about refs.. it's been the same way for as long as i can remember.. superstar calls are part of the game.. you accept that they're going to get a few extra calls their way, and move on.

but come on... if you're a ref, or a league official who's supposed to be monitoring the refs, why the hell aren't alarms going off when one team is getting like 600% more calls their way in a closely contested game????

the raps totally got donaghyed

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      KG has always had troubles guarding Bosh. I would like to see it happen but I don't think it would happen.
      Without looking at numbers I'd have to disagree. All those years I wanted the Raps to beat the Celtics and particularly looked forward to the CB4/KG matchup but Chris always wilted in front of his idol and his entire game would become the dreaded "hold, hold, hold, long jumper" BS. He never brought the fiyah against Garnett and we always lost.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        i usually don't like complaining about refs.. it's been the same way for as long as i can remember.. superstar calls are part of the game.. you accept that they're going to get a few extra calls their way, and move on.

but come on... if you're a ref, or a league official who's supposed to be monitoring the refs, why the hell aren't alarms going off when one team is getting like 600% more calls their way in a closely contested game????

the raps totally got donaghyed

You said it all so i won't say it again. I will how ever see I haven't seen a cleaner block get called as a foul all year. Amir can't win for trying.

Comment

Junkyardblog wrote: View Post
          You said it all so i won't say it again. I will how ever see I haven't seen a cleaner block get called as a foul all year. Amir can't win for trying.
          There were a couple of whistles where the ref blew the whistle before the shot even went up, like, Wade was just getting in motion to shoot and the whistle blew. Total bollocks.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            There were a couple of whistles where the ref blew the whistle before the shot even went up, like, Wade was just getting in motion to shoot and the whistle blew. Total bollocks.
            dont worry, ive emailed david aldridge. we'll get to the bottom of this, hehehe

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              like i said, its always the case, not just with the raps, but with teams not named heat, celtics, lakers

jay needs to grow some balls and copy a page off of phil jackson's "how to nudge the referees" book.
              I've seen Jay flip on refs in the past and get T'd up. He goes to bat for his players at times.

minks77 wrote: View Post
              Without looking at numbers I'd have to disagree. All those years I wanted the Raps to beat the Celtics and particularly looked forward to the CB4/KG matchup but Chris always wilted in front of his idol and his entire game would become the dreaded "hold, hold, hold, long jumper" BS. He never brought the fiyah against Garnett and we always lost.
              Maybe you should. I went back to last season in three games Bosh averaged against Boston:

25PPG, 12REB, 2AST, 1Blk, 2STL
              Last edited by Apollo; Thu Feb 17, 2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                dont worry, ive emailed david aldridge. we'll get to the bottom of this, hehehe
                LOL, only thing he is getting to the bottom of is a ziploc bag full of tony montana's finest

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                  And the difference to him getting raped by opposing bigs is?????????
                  Yeah, good point. At least if he was at PF we would have another big body under the basket that can actually defend and rebound.
                  “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    KG destroying bosh's self-confidence in a 7 game series? yes please!
                    I just smiled. On the inside. Had not thought of that. He will absolutely eat his lunch. This has to happen.
                    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                      I just smiled. On the inside. Had not thought of that. He will absolutely eat his lunch. This has to happen.
                      even if bosh has a career game, i dont care... just to see his discomfort at having garnett defend him 30 ft from the basket by rubbing his junk all up on bosh's knee... for FOUR games straight

amazing.

plus, lebron vs. pierce is always entertaining. it's the battle of the league leaders in phantom fouls against them

Comment

Not really Bosh but...

Bosh in Miami:
                        Do you really believe that Bargs owned me. Bargs shot twice more than me, not to mention 5-6 from beyond the arch and only made 13 pts more, and 2 less rebounds. I shared the scoring with my bros. Only other that had double digit scoring was DeRozen.

Stephen Brotherston:
                        Bosh,

Watched him take you completely out of the game from the fourth row behind the basket you were shooting on in the 2nd half - you were beat and couldn't recover. Your boys LBJ & DW tried to make you the man - but last night you couldn't do it. LBJ had to save the HEAT from being embarrassed by the Raptors.
                        Source: Chat With Stephen Brotherston, HoopsHype.com

Comment

I saw it all live too, Bosh got pwned by Bargs. Problem is, Bargs does not have a supporting cast. He has Dero, but Dero made some critical turnovers late in the game that killed us.

The riddle was solved last night- Bargs IS better than Bosh and IS more of a go to guy. He just needs support.

Comment

If Bargnani is better than Bosh he's never shown it so far. Bosh never had a great supporting cast most of his days in Toronto yet he always managed to be a far more efficient scorer than Bargnani, a million times better on the glass and a solid defender who always took the tough assignments in the paint and hung in there. In Bosh's rookie season he was giving up 60lbs some nights and his defense as a skinny 19 year old kid was better then than a 25 year old 260lbs Andrea Bargnani.

Here is why you call so many people "Bargnani haters": You make an exaggerated statement Bargnani, somebody corrects you on it and suddenly they're labeled a hater by you. If someone dislike Bargnani's game, they're a hater. If someone is giving a fair non-biased opinion, they're still a hater. See where I'm going with this?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              If Bargnani is better than Bosh he's never shown it so far. Bosh never had a great supporting cast most of his days in Toronto yet he always managed to be a far more efficient scorer than Bargnani, a million times better on the glass and a solid defender who always took the tough assignments in the paint and hung in there. In Bosh's rookie season he was giving up 60lbs some nights and his defense as a skinny 19 year old kid was better then than a 25 year old 260lbs Andrea Bargnani.
                              He showed it last night vs Bosh I believe.

Comment

So one game proves all?

Comment

Working...
                                X