No announcement yet.

Jay's Coaching Of Jose Calderon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triano deserves ALOT of heat too. His mismanagement of his team is borderline ridiculous. I clearly saw him flailing in angst at Jose for taking those bad 4th qtr shots. Then he inserts Bayless at the 2 and leaves Jose on.

What are you teaching Jose by doing that, let alone Bayless??? I would've rather Trey come on and give it a shot.

On another note, Ajinca was playing great, caused a mini-surge off the bench, and Triano treats him like a dirty kleenex

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      You know what, you are totally right about Barbo and Weems, particularly Barbo last night man. His throwing up bricks has become so commonlplace I think we are used to it, but yeah, he killed a bunch of plays last night too.

Whattup with Jose too, he sucks lately.
      Barbosa has been dealing with injuries all season. He's inconsistent because of his hammy. You can't be a consistent shooter without two healthy legs. This is why Jose Calderon couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat in his rookie season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Barbosa has been dealing with injuries all season. He's inconsistent because of his hammy. You can't be a consistent shooter without two healthy legs. This is why Jose Calderon couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat in his rookie season.
        I actually pulled one hamstring and tore the other very badly last summer, in August. I still feel the pain every day now. Hammy injuries take forever to heal man, it sucks. That being said, it doesn't give a guy a "get out of jail free card" for taking bad shots.

If a dudes shot is messed up due to injury, he should focus on the other aspects of the game where they can still offer something. That's what you guys always say about Bargs too right.

Comment

I actually pulled one hamstring and tore the other very badly last summer, in August. I still feel the pain every day now. Hammy injuries take forever to heal man, it sucks. That being said, it doesn't give a guy a "get out of jail free card" for taking bad shots.

If a dudes shot is messed up due to injury, he should focus on the other aspects of the game where they can still offer something. That's what you guys always say about Bargs too right.
          Barbosa's whole game is speed, play making and shooting. You take away one of his legs and you take away a large part of his game. He's out there offering all he has right now.

I'm not sure how Bargnani fits into this. Is Bargnani playing hurt?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Barbosa's whole game is speed, play making and shooting. You take away one of his legs and you take away a large part of his game. He's out there offering all he has right now.

I'm not sure how Bargnani fits into this. Is Bargnani playing hurt?
            Well, when bargs was in his offensive funk , and was injured, everyone ragged on him for not adding on the defense, rebs, etc. And i agree with you.

I love Barbo, and agree he is all about the blur. But if his legs are hosed, he has to find another way to contribute.

OR, they should rest him now and let him heal. Torn hammys hurt like a mofo. Give trey some burn. Who cares, we have like 15 wins this year, let some young bucks get burn.

Comment

Well, when bargs was in his offensive funk , and was injured, everyone ragged on him for not adding on the defense, rebs, etc. And i agree with you.

I love Barbo, and agree he is all about the blur. But if his legs are hosed, he has to find another way to contribute.

OR, they should rest him now and let him heal. Torn hammys hurt like a mofo. Give trey some burn. Who cares, we have like 15 wins this year, let some young bucks get burn.
              You make a good point. Personally, I feel the only thing they're playing for right now is pride. I'm guessing that the team is letting Barbosa decide if he can play or not. I pulled my quad over the summer playing flag football and the darn thing seized up fast. I'd of never been able to take a decent shot like that and I wouldn't want to try. I know it's a different muscle but it's in the same area and it also takes a lot of weight during sports. He's very tough to want to play through it when the season seems lost so early on.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                We do need a serious upgrade at PG, but Jose is the least of our worries. We might as well have a mannequin playing SF.
                Jose is a good pg, weems is a mannequin. Well put on 'money' this season.

Comment

it seriously is a joke...being a jose fanboy i was pissed that he missed those two shots but this guy is acting like thats what really cost us the game...the game would been over in the 1st half if lebron decided he was going to try
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

myself

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                      it seriously is a joke...being a jose fanboy i was pissed that he missed those two shots but this guy is acting like thats what really cost us the game...the game would been over in the 1st half if lebron decided he was going to try
                      I agree. It's unfair to put that loss on any one player.
                      As a Vet I'm sure Jay has given Jose the green light to shoot it when he think's he has a shot. If he pull's then that just kills a guys confidence even more amidst a bad streak. Jose usually nails those shots. He's always been a high percentage guard, and needs to just play through this and I think Jay realizes that.

Comment

multipaul wrote: View Post
                        you know what, you are totally right about barbo and weems, particularly barbo last night man. His throwing up bricks has become so commonlplace i think we are used to it, but yeah, he killed a bunch of plays last night too.

Whattup with jose too, he sucks lately.
                        atleast he's doing other things when his shot isn't falling...a few weeks back bargs was shooting bricks and wasn't doing anything else on the court

Comment

Working...
                        X