Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duncan wrote: View Post
    Ok, we get it; you like Weems. I agree w/ Apollo; Weems has had every oppourtunity to get minutes, improve his play, and play a team game, and he refuses to do it. He jacks up shots early in the shot clock, and turns the ball over too much. If he was willing to work on his shot, he should have done it by now. His "bestie" DeDe has improved his shot, why hasn't your "bestie" Weems?
    Ship him out of town for whatever you can get.
    You do realize he's coming off an injury right? Before he got hurt he was playing good enough to take the starting job away form Klieza. With time you'll see Weems improve. I don't see how you're expecting someone who's coming off an injury to play 100% and improve in a matter of weeks.

BTW I highly doubt we'd get anyone better then Weems (at least potentially) if we were to trade him right now.

Comment

I think most here undervalue Danilo. He is a really good player, he is 6'10 and freakishly athletic. Long arms, real nice shooting stroke, and he gets to the line a lot. He is a better overall player than Bargnani, and he's better than Kleiza, DeRozan (for now) and any other 3 we have. I'd actually do a trade like Bargnani, Weems + Miami's Pick for Gallinari, Mozgov and Randolph.

Comment

stevekylerNBA RT @accfanto: Raptors more likely to be active after season, when using full TPE not subject to this year's lux tax --- Exactly. 5 minutes ago · reply

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/#ixzz1EjKPFQui

I concur with the above.

I've read that DEN stands to get a $17.15M TPE from the trade as currently is. That is from Larry Coon - salary cap 'guru'.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Does part of the marketing campaign involve getting fans to come out and watch the other team score more points against the Raptors than anyone else in the league?

"Watch San Antonio score 120!"
          No, but it could be a byproduct. They're probably going to lose a lot next year as well no matter what happens if this is going to be a true rebuild.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            You do realize he's coming off an injury right? Before he got hurt he was playing good enough to take the starting job away form Klieza.
            And Kleiza was injured all year - not just injured, severely injured.

I feel bad for Kleiza. He had a great summer and was off to a great start wiht the Raptors. I'm not feeling bad as a Raptor fan but for him in general. Nothing worse than an injurykeeping someone from reaching full potential. I'd hate to be kicking back after my playing days thinking, "What if my knee wasn't sh!t?" Hopefully he comes back like Amar'e did from the surgery.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
              In a heartbeat, but then who runs point? Caldy and Leandro?

I would switch this one up, send Caldy and wright + pick to Denver for Gallo.
              Denvers now got Ray Felton AND Ty Lawson. They don't want EITHER of our PGs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                No, but it could be a byproduct. They're probably going to lose a lot next year as well no matter what happens if this is going to be a true rebuild.
                Yes, they're probably going to still lose a lot next year, but it would be nice if they actually got some respect while doing that. Hard to gain respect when you can't play defense.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  And Kleiza was injured all year - not just injured, severely injured.

I feel bad for Kleiza. He had a great summer and was off to a great start wiht the Raptors. I'm not feeling bad as a Raptor fan but for him in general. Nothing worse than an injurykeeping someone from reaching full potential. I'd hate to be kicking back after my playing days thinking, "What if my knee wasn't sh!t?" Hopefully he comes back like Amar'e did from the surgery.
                  Kleiza is a really good player. Very aggressive, and he can score -usually- very efficiently. He is far, far better than Weems, not only talent-wise, but Kleiza has drive and passion when he plays, and you never see that in Weems, unless he starts hitting 3, 4 jumpers in a row.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    I think most here undervalue Danilo. He is a really good player, he is 6'10 and freakishly athletic. Long arms, real nice shooting stroke, and he gets to the line a lot. He is a better overall player than Bargnani, and he's better than Kleiza, DeRozan (for now) and any other 3 we have. I'd actually do a trade like Bargnani, Weems + Miami's Pick for Gallinari, Mozgov and Randolph.
                    I don't think people are undervaluing him. I'd completely agree he's better than Bargani, DeRozan and nearly anyone else. It's just that's not saying a whole lot, is it? I'd also do that trade in second.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

James Johnson to Raptors

stevekylerNBA RT @KCJHoop: James Johnson has been traded to the Raptors. Left the Berto Center before practice ended in a limo.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/#ixzz1EjOfWGGx

Comment

KCJHoop One source says Bulls will receive a second-round pick from the Raptors. This could indicate the Bulls aren

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/#ixzz1EjOtkJfc

Comment

Dig it. Great pick up if true. Was VERY high on this guy coming out of Wake Forest.

I could see HIM being our starting SF next year if he puts the work in. Dude can bring the ball up, rebounds hard, plays D. Love it. Probably give us 30% from 3 as well if he gets the touches.
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 22, 2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Whoa. Solid big off the bench for a 2nd rounder.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

This is actually pretty cool. James Johnson looks quite nice, please tell me we gave them Weems.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                KCJHoop One source says Bulls will receive a second-round pick from the Raptors. This could indicate the Bulls aren

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/#ixzz1EjOtkJfc
                                No player?

Comment

Working...
                                X