Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    what about jeff van gundy I like him as a coach
    Would love him. Not sure he'd come out of retirement for this motley-crew though.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I think Larry Brown would be a good short term option to get them to the next stage of development.
      In my opinion, Larry Brown does nothing for young players. Look at the development of Henderson, Augustine since he left. Look at Felton before and after Brown.

Comment

You must be thinking about his time with the Pistons. The guy had a championship caliber team there. Then was not the time to focus on the kids, it was the time to focus on getting the most out of what they had to win championships right then and there.
        I agree with most of your assessments except for your suggestion in Larry Brown. He has no patience for young players and he will stick Bargs at the end of the bench so deep he'll be doing nothing but eat bananas all game long (which is a good thing IMO). I'm thinking more along the lines of a Mike Brown. He has been brought under the tutelage of Popovich and has led the Cavs in Opp FG% and a handful of other defensive categories. Mind you, he had LBJ but it's the defensive mindset that impressed me. To this day, I cannot figure out why he was let go (which forced Ferry's hand to step down as well).
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Yeah, you guys might be right. I just want to see a coach with lots of ability who can get results. Larry Brown would be a lot better than JT, this I know.

Comment

Yeah, you guys might be right. I just want to see a coach with lots of ability who can get results. Larry Brown would be a lot better than JT, this I know.
            That's obvious. But I doubt players like Calderon, Bargnani, Weems and DeRozan will suit his style of play.

Comment

Yeah, you guys might be right. I just want to see a coach with lots of ability who can get results. Larry Brown would be a lot better than JT, this I know.
              JT's time is up. He'll be around for the rest of the season as changing right now would hardly help in the big picture. Hopefully the team doesn't hang it up and uses the last 23 games for the experience most of the players desperately need. For the team to go from a level of play in CHarlotte to Chicago and back to sh!t level versus Suns is ridiculous and extremely frustrating for this fan. I get it they just aren't that good right now but the effort level is inexcusable.

Comment

Working...
              X