Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dzoni71 wrote: View Post
    +1
    Seems like everybody is the best GM out of their own bedroom.
    Considering some of these guys probably haven't even left their moms house, it makes it even funnier.
    I think some of them need to stick to playing GM and making trades on 2k11.

Comment

• This is a good trade. Main reason is this is a weak ass draft. The dude from Draft Express made the comment yesterday that a late 1st round pick this year is about as good as a mid 2nd rounder any other year.

And I think he's a black belt in Karate or something too. ENFORCER!!
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• I like the James Johnson deal. The Raps are not going to bring in a superstar. They need to make a bunch of small bets with limited downside but big upside and hope that a few of them work out. Kind of like the Sonny/Amir, Bayless deals. Need a couple more of these to get the odds in favour of something working out well.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
          [url]http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/johnson-prepares-to-face-former-team.html[/ur

"He was terrific for us," coach Tom Thibodeau said. "We didn't have a whole lot of minutes for him. His attitude was great. He worked extremely hard. He was athletic. I think it's a good move for the Raptors and for us. It gives us some flexibility moving forward."
          honestly, he's not going to say he's a piece of crap.

sacramento or ny or wherever the hell said that about quincy douby, i mean if tractor traylor got traded his team would say that.

it's a pointless thing to ask in my opinion.

he doesn't look like he's going to do much if you ask me, prolly be in bellator fighting championships in a few years.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• For what its worth, a few bulls fans I know we're all really disappointed in the trade. One guy even went so far as to say it was a step back and if the team was smart they would have played him more so he'd get enough experience to take over when Deng's contract is done. All of them said they were interested to see what he'd do with real minutes.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Barbosa On The Block?

Toronto Raptors - The Raptors have won just 15 games all year, so it's not like the team can be too loyal to what's on the roster.

On Tuesday the team picked up James Johnson from the Chicago Bulls using part of the Chris Bosh trade exception, surprisingly giving up a first-round pick (Miami's).

Andrea Bargnani still seems to be the cornerstone piece but it's not clear exactly where the Raptors go from here and it's doubtful those decisions are made over the next two days.

Leandro Barbosa is available.
              Source: Hoops World

Comment

• What!? Not Barbosa,unless we get an amazing player who can play half decent defence and is a scoring machine.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  It wasn't meant to be an insult. Just stating a fact. I wasn't the only one that apparently misread your posts. That should tell you something.
                  no i think you actually were the only one. you were the only one that jumped to the conclusion that i wanted bc fired because of this one trade or one draft pick.

i think you need to realize that you dont have to like everything 100%. i live in toronto and i love it, but there are certain things i hate, such as the traffic, or the expensive parking, or the weather. that doesnt mean i wanted toronto to be shut down and annexed from canada.

mangokid might like mangos. but one day he mite eat one and it wont be sweet enough. that doesnt mean that all of a sudden he wants all mango agriculture to be banned and anyone caught with a mango to be put in prison.

so if i criticize this one insignificant trade, i dont know why you would jump to the conclusion that all of a sudden i want bc fired just because of this one trade, which is what you did.

you dont have to like everything 100%.

Comment

• and tim, the beef i had with mangokid, was that he implied that no matter what, james johnson will be better than anything that late 1st round pick could ever be.

and i just pointed out, that actually there are some gems found late in the draft, so we'll never know until maybe 10 years from now.

i've made many mistakes drafting, so i would never hope someone gets fired over a late 1st round pick that they traded.

when youtube first came out, i remember a friend showed me a video compilation of roko ukic, and right away i was like arite so we got bosh, and now possibly a j kidd type pg with insane hops... i went around hyping up ukic like i was gettin paid for it...

did it pan out ? did ukic even play that year ? NO

but the point was, that 1st round draft picks no matter how late, are toronto's really only chance at landing a good player. so why trade them away especially for defensively challenged wings who have maturity issues ?

Comment

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                      so why trade them away especially for defensively challenged wings who have maturity issues ?
                      Please provide a link for this statement. I've searched and found:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-172202
                      Nice MMA cross over. You think he is taking sh!t from anyone? I thought everyone said this team needs toughness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB4lT...eature=related
                      Impressive dunk from Wake Forest and UNC
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N6aq...eature=related

The only thing I've found that mentions his maturity is here:

Johnson’s biggest issue right now might be the lack of focus he shows at times—making some poor decisions at times with the ball, but also making costly fundamental mistakes as well. He tries to do too much from the perimeter on a few possessions every game, over-handling the ball, being somewhat turnover prone, and settling for bad shots. He isn’t as solid as you’d hope either, forgetting to box out his man in crucial moments, being late to rotate defensively, and generally being inconsistent from game to game and often possession to possession. Johnson seems like the kind of guy who needs special attention from the coaching staff to make sure they’re getting (and will get) 100% out of him at all times, although this could be something that improves with added maturity.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1EpTiK9Gz
                      http://www.draftexpress.com

The above is also followed by:

Johnson is a real stat-stuffer, getting plenty of blocks, steals and rebounds—a product of his increased activity level this season, as well as his natural timing and instincts—which are superb.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1EpU7zN4s

Either way, this article is 2 years old - March 3, 2009.

A lot can happen between 22 and 24 years of age.

Comment

no i think you actually were the only one. you were the only one that jumped to the conclusion that i wanted bc fired because of this one trade or one draft pick.

i think you need to realize that you dont have to like everything 100%. i live in toronto and i love it, but there are certain things i hate, such as the traffic, or the expensive parking, or the weather. that doesnt mean i wanted toronto to be shut down and annexed from canada.

mangokid might like mangos. but one day he mite eat one and it wont be sweet enough. that doesnt mean that all of a sudden he wants all mango agriculture to be banned and anyone caught with a mango to be put in prison.

so if i criticize this one insignificant trade, i dont know why you would jump to the conclusion that all of a sudden i want bc fired just because of this one trade, which is what you did.

you dont have to like everything 100%.
                        Actually, i"m not the only one that came to that conclusion.

And I have no problem with criticizing Colangelo, yet not wanting him fired. I just think that picking one particular player that he didn't even draft as proof of anything is a little ridiculous. I disagreed with your assertion that not drafting Hibbert means anything.

As for the rest of your statement, I don't really understand what you're talking about. But that's not really new.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

And I have no problem with criticizing Colangelo, yet not wanting him fired. I just think that picking one particular player that he didn't even draft as proof of anything is a little ridiculous. I disagreed with your assertion that not drafting Hibbert means anything.

As for the rest of your statement, I don't really understand what you're talking about. But that's not really new.
                          typical tim has to be right ALL THE TIME

too bad no one taught you any manners. you tell other people to choose their words carefully but i guess that never applies to you does it ?
                          Last edited by karim_nasir; Wed Feb 23, 2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

for the record, hibbert was only brought up to prove that gems can be found late in the draft... but go on making assumptions.

would ask you to find where i said colangelo should have drafted hibbert but we all you cant.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Please provide a link for this statement. I've searched and found:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-172202
                              Nice MMA cross over. You think he is taking sh!t from anyone? I thought everyone said this team needs toughness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB4lT...eature=related
                              Impressive dunk from Wake Forest and UNC
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N6aq...eature=related

The only thing I've found that mentions his maturity is here:

Johnson’s biggest issue right now might be the lack of focus he shows at times—making some poor decisions at times with the ball, but also making costly fundamental mistakes as well. He tries to do too much from the perimeter on a few possessions every game, over-handling the ball, being somewhat turnover prone, and settling for bad shots. He isn’t as solid as you’d hope either, forgetting to box out his man in crucial moments, being late to rotate defensively, and generally being inconsistent from game to game and often possession to possession. Johnson seems like the kind of guy who needs special attention from the coaching staff to make sure they’re getting (and will get) 100% out of him at all times, although this could be something that improves with added maturity.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1EpTiK9Gz

The above is also followed by:

Johnson is a real stat-stuffer, getting plenty of blocks, steals and rebounds—a product of his increased activity level this season, as well as his natural timing and instincts—which are superb.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1EpU7zN4s

Either way, this article is 2 years old - March 3, 2009.

A lot can happen between 22 and 24 years of age.
                              ok so in the link you provided from draftexpress, under his picture there is a big box that says "WEAKNESSES", and under that it says:

- Defensive awareness
                              - Defensive fundamentals

also in the paragraph you provided it says :

"He isn’t as solid as you’d hope either, forgetting to box out his man in crucial moments, being late to rotate defensively, and generally being inconsistent from game to game and often possession to possession"

umm, so on top of this, watching him in college, hearing interviews, and the fact that chicago sent him to the d-league, for almost 2 months. thibadeau ( a defensive coach) couldnt get what he wanted out of him...

is that enough, or do you need more references to justify calling him a defensively challenged wing with maturity issues ?

Comment

ok so in the link you provided from draftexpress, under his picture there is a big box that says "WEAKNESSES", and under that it says:

- Defensive awareness
                                - Defensive fundamentals

also in the paragraph you provided it says :

"He isn’t as solid as you’d hope either, forgetting to box out his man in crucial moments, being late to rotate defensively, and generally being inconsistent from game to game and often possession to possession"

umm, so on top of this, watching him in college, hearing interviews, and the fact that chicago sent him to the d-league, for almost 2 months. thibadeau ( a defensive coach) couldnt get what he wanted out of him...

is that enough, or do you need more references to justify calling him a defensively challenged wing with maturity issues ?
                                Check the date of the article - March 9, 2009.

Check the SF's ahead of Johnson in Chicago - Deng and Korver this year.

Check the profiles of many college players - common errors for young players.

Check the recent articles discussing his attitude and maturity.

Have you seen the first half tonight? For all his worts he is still better than Julian and Weems at the SF.

Your opinion is certainly valid but to pass opinions off as fact certainly rubs many around here the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
                                X