Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose would KILL the Skills Competition. Should have had a chance at least.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a huge huge raptors fan. It's not my fault they suck. If you know anything about basketball you know that Calderon is a below average point guard. Way below.
    The raptors will lose until his contract expires. I'd put money on it.

Comment

Well I'd like to think I know a thing or two about basketball... and I disagree with you.

I think most around the league would agree that though he's perhaps not worth what his contract is paying him, he has an above average IQ, his vision is through the roof, he protects the rock, and though lately his jumper has been off, he's normally a VERY high percentage shooter. Check the stats. In my opinion saying Jose is 'Below Average' is pretty ridiculous when the guy is #5 in the league in assists, #2 in ast/to. Thats what PG's need to do FIRST and foremost. Defense, shooting, etc comes second. In my opinion. So above average.

ADD: Scratch that, #1 in Ast/TO.

ADD: Not to mention he's got more steals than Gerald Wallace, Derrick Rose, Devin Harris and Eric Gordon, among many others.
      Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Must lead the league in blown layups...

Comment

Seriously, if he's as good as you guys say, why can't the Raptors trade him? Even if he was overpaid, some team somewhere must need a PG that good, and if he was that good, his salary wouldn't be that terrible.
          He's really overpaid because he's not very good. His salary should be around 2 million a year, but it's 10 million. He'll be a raptor for life cause he sucks and we're stuck with him so get used to many many many blown layups and losses.
          He sucks.

Comment

Ok we get it keffy. You don't like him.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, he sucks.

Comment

keffyboy wrote: View Post
                Yeah, you're right, he sucks.
                By 'sucks', do you mean 'good'?

Comment

Nope, sucks means sucks.

Comment

Gotcha. Appreciate the input.

Comment

Yup, we can all agree that he's awful and move on.

Comment

No we've all made it quite clear we don't agree with you.
                        But keep going Keffy.

Comment

i agree with keffy...

only in bizarro world does jose even get mentioned in the same sentence as all-star game or skills competition

the rest of the league think hez trash, and would boycott the team if their gm even hinted at trading for him

Comment

Is Calderon overpaid? Sure, but is he a solid PG? You betcha. He's got fantastic court vision, takes care of the ball and is a great distubutor. He's struggling a bit with his shot this season, but all the same he's a good point guard. I'm sure Colangelo gets calls from teams in regards to Calderon all the time, but in the same instance, they probably low ball him.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Is Calderon overpaid? Sure, but is he a solid PG? You betcha. He's got fantastic court vision, takes care of the ball and is a great distubutor. He's struggling a bit with his shot this season, but all the same he's a good point guard. I'm sure Colangelo gets calls from teams in regards to Calderon all the time, but in the same instance, they probably low ball him.
                              name some nba starting pg's who you think calderon is better than ?

Comment

Name a starting PG that's played in the last 10 years that Jose is better than.
                                And the awful thing is that when the really bad PG's in the league do play against Jose, they end looking like all stars.
                                Sorry guys, he's awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X