Calderon for Marvin Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon for Marvin Williams

Toronto: Immediately, gets their best wing defender.

Atlanta: Gets a much needed PG improvement.

Both players are overpaid and the salaries cancel each other out.

thoughts?
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Toronto: Immediately, gets their best wing defender.

Atlanta: Gets a much needed PG improvement.

Both players are overpaid and the salaries cancel each other out.

thoughts?
    Williams deal is longer. The draft or longer could easily rectify the SF situation. If this deal is made, draft day is a better time, IMO.

Comment

Williams could still become good. Can defend, very athletic, can actually shoot and is still relatively young. But we should get something else too, maybe their first round pick because we are doing them a huge favor. With us taking Williams, it gives ATL a chance to actually keep their core of JJ, JS and AH.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        Williams could still become good. Can defend, very athletic, can actually shoot and is still relatively young. But we should get something else too, maybe their first round pick because we are doing them a huge favor. With us taking Williams, it gives ATL a chance to actually keep their core of JJ, JS and AH.
        How does that work, Jose costs them more and is locked in for same amount of time, Williams has a player option of 7.5mil for an extra year. Crawfords 10 mil comes off the books this year.

We would probably have to do Jose and Evans for Williams and Bibby.....not sure hwy they even want Jose when they have Teague waiting in the wings.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          How does that work, Jose costs them more and is locked in for same amount of time, Williams has a player option of 7.5mil for an extra year. Crawfords 10 mil comes off the books this year.

We would probably have to do Jose and Evans for Williams and Bibby.....not sure hwy they even want Jose when they have Teague waiting in the wings.
          Oh right, didn't know.

Comment

They've given Teague a chance this year and he hasn't done anything with it. They've been playing Jordan Crawford at the 1 to compete with Teague for the back-up spot. Bibby gives Atlanta 3-point shooting and nothing else. He can't run the offense pretty well, isn't a particulary great shooter and his defense is as bad or worse than Calderon's they should jump at the opportunity.

williams is upset that his playing time has gone down since he's no longer in the starting line-up. I wonder if Atlanta would want Andrea as well?
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Williams, and deffinitly not bibby.
              Jose seems like an important peice for this team,
              If we can get irving than maybe, but at this point nothing is gauranteed
              I'd say no to this trade.

Comment

Working...
              X