James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee wrote: View Post
    Haha. This thread is guaranteed to get more retarded after every post.

Here's what I think: There probably will be a player in this year's draft in the 2nd round that will end up being better than JJ. There almost always is at least one real good player in the 2nd round

The odds of BC finding that sleeper in a weak draft is pretty slim. Just like the odds of all the GM's finding a sleeper in a late 1st round pick in a weak draft is slim.

So far JJ is turning out pretty solid. Dont be so eager to jump on BC for what looks like a logical move.
    Yep. That's what happens when you diss the new flavour of the month. People ask for data, you give it them, and then they don't like it. The also don't like the fact that BC's statement was wrong (i.e. the original point), and then try to turn it into probability argument of finding that talent vs. a draft scouting competency argument.

But hey, just don't be dissing my new BFF - James Johnson. The new hidden gem - guaranteed to be a 10-yr NBA all-star. He's the new Bayless.... I mean Juju.... I mean Weems. You get the idea. LOL.

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        then try to turn it into probability argument of finding that talent vs. a draft scouting competency argument.

But hey, just don't be dissing my new BFF - James Johnson. The new hidden gem - guaranteed to be a 10-yr NBA all-star. He's the new Bayless.... I mean Juju.... I mean Weems. You get the idea. LOL.
        The probabilities were based on your own assumptions and parameters. I guess it goes to show anyone can show anything using statistics.

Also using the list of undrafted players over the last 20 years, BC signed 2 originally and Raja Bell made his name in PHX. 3 of the 46 undrafted players in 20 years is pretty impressive considering the number of GM's there are in the league. Not quite fair to question his drafting competency, IMO.

Finally, I'm pretty sure the quote you continue to allude to is not giving the whole perspective. You are saying BC said James Johnson would be better than any pick available at 28. The reality is he said this:

I just know that from our standpoint we're looking at a list of 30 or 45 players that are in this draft class and there's nobody at 28 or 29 which is where the Miami pick was at this moment, that is going to supercede his talent level or remotely come close to it.

We're such a young basketball team right now that the thought and idea of adding two first round picks next year, our own pick and Miami pick, to an already young group is not the most tantalizing thing if you're looking at taking this a step further.
        His second point there is also a good one about the youth of the team and adding 2 more rookies is hardly going to take the team to the next level. Look at Sacramento, look at Rambis in MIN publically stating a desire for more veterans.

You are absolutely 100% correct on the flavour of the month. Most fans are guilty of that - myself included (Weems really had me fooled earlier this season).

Comment

• This just in….

James Johnson
          1-8 FG, 2-PTS, 4-PF, 3-BA, 0-STL

O’ Smush Parker. Where art thou?

LMFAO.

Comment

• This just in....

Golden turns into a Troll when people don't agree with him.

I guess with JJ finaaally having a bad game, it gives you something to work with though, eh?

Comment

• I say we call him "Miami Dice", since BC gambled that there won't even remotely be anybody available in the draft with JJ's talent level at Miami's pick or lower.

Comment

This just in….

James Johnson

LMFAO.
                Awesome. Thanks for wishing Johnson to fail instead of cheering on the raps.

Comment

• @ Joey... I guess being wrong turns you into a hypocrite. So sad and ironic, coming from the guy who was up on a pulpit preaching about how "grown-ups" should carry on with civilized statistical debates on the internet. Cheers, Joey.
                  Last edited by golden; Fri Mar 4, 2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I say we call him "Miami Dice", since BC gambled that there won't even remotely be anybody available in the draft with JJ's talent level at Miami's pick or lower.
                    Jesus Christ. Hate much?

Comment

This just in….

James Johnson

LMFAO.
                      Nice. Are you gonna do this every time he has a bad game? How about you post all the other games as a Raptor too?
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        Awesome. Thanks for wishing Johnson to fail instead of cheering on the raps.
                        That's the stupid irony. I like James Johnson - a lot. Just indirectly responding to BC's draft comment creates a ridiculous cascade of vitriol and practically forces you into an opposite position, just to defend your post. It's silly. Same thing happens when anybody posts anything negative about Bargs, even if it's fact.

Comment

That's the stupid irony. I like James Johnson - a lot. Just indirectly responding to BC's draft comment creates a ridiculous cascade of vitriol and practically forces you into an opposite position, just to defend your post. It's silly. Same thing happens when anybody posts anything negative about Bargs, even if it's fact.
                          No doubt. Doesn't make gloating anymore classy though

Comment

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
                              It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion in the ocean.

Here's a new one for ya :P
                              lol i think i've heard that one before

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post

LOL. You crack a lot of jokes. You now lecturing on classy posting? That’s a real knee slapper alright. Guys shouldn’t start a game of ‘the dozens’ if they don’t want to hear their mama get dissed. Or tell other’s how to post with stats and get all whiny when it’s thrown back in their face. JJ’s just collateral damage, unfortunately. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X