Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Haha, Raptors_ is just passionate.
    Don't you remember being young and angry?

And as for Wedding Crashers .. well ... Lock it up. She was my first Asian.
    Ah, precious!

Comment

• Why I Think That Unless There's a Significant Improvement, JJ's the Future at the 3

It's infuriating how much this forum underrates James Johnson.

He was allowed to play with complete freedom with the Raptors and yet he played within himself the majority of the time. Didn't get trigger happy, played d consistently, handled the ball better than the majority of starting small forwards in the league can.

His issues are obvious: inconsistent outside shooting, and fouling too much.

Otherwise, I see absolutely no reason that he cannot be the Raptors starting 3 moving forward, bar a substantial upgrade at the position.

Check him out on Synergy. Defensive numbers are decent in most situations, as are his offensive ones.

Oh, here are some stats, by the way. I'm assuming most of you do not have Synergy. James Johnson held his match up to 41.7% with the Raptors this season. He's ranked 22nd in the entire league at guarding the ballhandler in the pick and roll (0.68 PPP, 39.1 FG%), 27th at guarding a man coming off of a screen (0.74 PPP, 29.6 FG%), and 47th in isolation situations (0.68 PPP, 31.6%). His one weakness on d, which I'd attribute more to the team's defensive scheme than to him as a player, is guarding spot-up shooters (1.13 PPP, 43.5%). It's a known fact that the Raptors allowed the highest 3P% in the league this season. So I'm fairly certain that it isn't him as much as it is the team.
      Joshua Priemski
      NBA blogger
      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
      www.RufusOnFire.com/
      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• Introcollapse wrote: View Post
        It's infuriating how much this forum underrates James Johnson.

He was allowed to play with complete freedom with the Raptors and yet he played within himself the majority of the time. Didn't get trigger happy, played d consistently, handled the ball better than the majority of starting small forwards in the league can.

His issues are obvious: inconsistent outside shooting, and fouling too much.

Otherwise, I see absolutely no reason that he cannot be the Raptors starting 3 moving forward, bar a substantial upgrade at the position.

Check him out on Synergy. Defensive numbers are decent in most situations, as are his offensive ones.

Oh, here are some stats, by the way. I'm assuming most of you do not have Synergy. James Johnson held his match up to 41.7% with the Raptors this season. He's ranked 22nd in the entire league at guarding the ballhandler in the pick and roll (0.68 PPP, 39.1 FG%), 27th at guarding a man coming off of a screen (0.74 PPP, 29.6 FG%), and 47th in isolation situations (0.68 PPP, 31.6%). His one weakness on d, which I'd attribute more to the team's defensive scheme than to him as a player, is guarding spot-up shooters (1.13 PPP, 43.5%). It's a known fact that the Raptors allowed the highest 3P% in the league this season. So I'm fairly certain that it isn't him as much as it is the team.
        Finally someone that see's what i see. Not everyones blind

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          i did a bit but he isn't that great. He won defensive player of the year once why didn't he win anymore?
          Really? THAT'S you're argument? Why didn't he win Defensive Player of the Year more than once? I don't even know where to begin with that.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            they could have sat artest on the bench the first 2 years of his career and you guys would have been saying the same thing.
            Why would they have sat Artest, though? Artest was good enough to play right away. You're really reaching with your arguments. They sat Johnson because they didn't feel he was good enough to crack the rotation. Artest was a good player the moment he stepped on the court.

With that logic, they could have sat Tim Duncan the first two years. Of course, why they'd sit Tim Duncan is beyond me, but so is the logic in your argument.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
              You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Oops sorry, I was channeling part Wedding Crashers, part Raptors_. =)
              Funny. I just ripped that DVD to my hard drive and watched that scene. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to play a game with my wife I like to call, "just the tip."
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Funny. I just ripped that DVD to my hard drive and watched that scene. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to play a game with my wife I like to call, "just the tip."
                That movie is just chalk full of good lines!

Comment

• Quixotic and Tim, GET an F'N ROOM ALREADY!
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• We really haven't seen a healthy Kleiza. He was riddled from injuries from the beginning of the season. Obviously, the starting job is Johnson's until Kleiza comes back. Then it will be a competition like it should. Don't count Kleiza out yet. This, of course, is barring some miracle of development from Weems. BTW, do you think Weems is coming back?

Not to be contrary, but I think everyone generally likes James Johnson. He is pretty solid and he is a cage fighter. What's not to like? The Raps got a steal taking him for a 27th pick. He will still develop and who knows how high his ceiling is. Maybe next year, his talent will blossom into something special - I hope so anyway. But right now, he's alright.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                      We really haven't seen a healthy Kleiza. He was riddled from injuries from the beginning of the season. Obviously, the starting job is Johnson's until Kleiza comes back. Then it will be a competition like it should. Don't count Kleiza out yet. This, of course, is barring some miracle of development from Weems. BTW, do you think Weems is coming back?

Not to be contrary, but I think everyone generally likes James Johnson. He is pretty solid and he is a cage fighter. What's not to like? The Raps got a steal taking him for a 27th pick. He will still develop and who knows how high his ceiling is. Maybe next year, his talent will blossom into something special - I hope so anyway. But right now, he's alright.
                      Yeah, I don't know why Introcollapse and Raptors_ think people are hating on JJ. So we don't think JJ is the next Artest, and we don't think Leonard is a younger JJ, that's hating? I'm glad we traded our late 1st rounder for him. Talent-wise, he's at least a mid-1st rounder in this year's draft.

Comment

• I think Johnson is a decent prospect, and I'm optimistic about him, but he's still got a lot of work to do on his game and he's 24. I'd think a lot differently if he were 20-21. I do look forward to seeing how he progresses, and I think it was a very good deal for the Raptors to get him.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

We really haven't seen a healthy Kleiza.
                          I hope he never touches the floor again in a raptors uniform. I don't dislike his game I absolutely hate it!

Comment

• Never said anyone was hating. A common theme on these boards is that JJ is a solid bench player at best, which is far from the truth considering his elite defense and versatility.
                            Joshua Priemski
                            NBA blogger
                            SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                            www.RufusOnFire.com/
                            www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              I hope he never touches the floor again in a raptors uniform. I don't dislike his game I absolutely hate it!
                              Franken-Kleiza! He played so well in the world championships. Then he was riddled with injuries and played mediocre at best with the raps. I think he can be very good. I don't know, I would like to see him play healthy.

But yeah, he was pretty brutal during some games. He can't dribble at all with his left hand, and he likes to dribble the ball off his foot and out of bounds. I see where you are coming from.

Comment

Quixotic and Tim, GET an F'N ROOM ALREADY!
                                Jealous?
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X