James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    how do you get the time to type that shizz? I almost had a heartattack lookin at your post, cut down the words bro.
    hahaha

You gotta respect it though.
    Anyone who takes the time to fully think out and process a legitimate Rebuttal in a debate has my respect.
    And this absolutely has been.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      hahaha

You gotta respect it though.
      Anyone who takes the time to fully think out and process a legitimate Rebuttal in a debate has my respect.
      And this absolutely has been.
      ya your right , i'll read his post later im too lazy right now

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
        ya your right , i'll read his post later im too lazy right now
        hahaha I didn't actually read it, too long. It just looked really well thought out.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
          I rarely bring up Bargnani's name in unrelated posts. There are A LOT more people that do that. And why on earth do you think I insult him? I don't recall ever insulting him? I've, in fact, defended him against those I felt unfairly insulted him (like when he was called a cancer). I've never said anything personal about Bargnani. Ever. What I have done plenty of is criticize him and his game. There's a big difference, and one you apparently don't understand.

In this case I m not talking about personal insults. I never expected you to call him ugly, or his mom fat. I am talking about professionally insulting him, which to me are the same but I’ll leave that for now. When you repeatedly mention a players weaknesses call them the worst rebounder the biggest problem on the team etc to me that doesn’t really sound like you’re defending his game. If you were defended his game you would point to player strengths such as improved scorer, versatile big man and opportunity to be very helpful player moving forward.

As for my claims, maybe you could point to where I said he was the worst rebounding 7 footer of all time? I remember someone saying that, but it wasn't me. He wasn't the worst rebounding 7 footers, but statistics show he was ONE OF THE worst rebounding 7 footers of all time. There is plenty of evidence to support that claim. If you have evidence to the contrary, please point me to it. I'd be happy to take a look.

Firstly, team statistics relating to individuals are not helpful measures. By that I mean rebounding is a result of team input but is tracked as an individual output. I don’t know what data you used to base your claims against but you’d think just by watching a game one wouldn’t have to use such data to prove a point, unless they had some other motives to draw attention to such as wanting a player to be traded. And last time I checked statements relating to “all time” are used for retired players.

As for him being the biggest problem on the Raptors, I would agree with that. He's certainly not the only problem, but I'd argue he is the biggest problem because he plays the most minutes, and seems to be an important foundation to the team despite his game being so fatally flawed. Instead of just "lol"ing, maybe you could actually try and debate me on that point.

Here are my civilized reasons for disagreeing with you about him being our biggest problem.
          I listen to and read player / coach’s interviews. Their opinions should be valued more highly the average fan and just based on hearing what they think about his game would make me believe he is a solution player. Here are some opposing players and coaches I remember who have spoke very highly about his game. Lebron James, Dirk Nowitsky, Brook Lopez, Big Z, every opposing coach whose been interviewed. However popular opinion shouldn’t be the determine factor because Id surely loose that battle, seems media/blogger opinions are more important these days. So let’s talk about his game. Well what can’t he do on offence he can step back hit the three, pull up hit the jumper, pump fake drive and dunk in his opponents face, post up a shorter defender, drive by taller one. Did i miss anything? His individual defense is excellent. He moves his feet well, contests every shot and doesn’t foul. His team defense is developing. He shows hard on screens, switches better and blocks some shots. Team defending is one area I would say needs improvement, but you can say that about the majority of NBA players.

And I never said he was most likely to be traded to Minnesota. I said it's my favourite trade. Again, there's a big difference.

What happened to your belief that defense and only defense wins championships? Yet you’re willing to trade for a combination of Beasley, Milicic and or Randolph. Those players who are softer than vanilla ice.

I think the biggest difference between you and I, besides our opinions about Bargnani's game, is that I have the ability to debate and disagree with someone without insulting them. You, apparently, do not. And while you may not like my criticisms of Bargnani, I would say far more people are bothered by posters who insult people simply because they disagree with them.

Unless you’re an aspiring analyst for the NBA you shouldn’t be personally insulted by my criticism towards your criticism of another player’s game. And even if you were personally offended you should have only brought it up if you were certain that David Stern would be reading my post. You say that you have never insulted Bargnani on a personal level, yet now you’re saying I am insulting you on a personal level make up your mind son.
          First, you need to learn how to use the quote tags. It's very difficult to wade through the post and distinguish what I wrote and what you wrote. If you don't know how, PM me and I'll try and show you how.

Also, I would be happy to continue this discussion in the Everything Bargnani thread. I've cut and pasted your response on that thread and responded myself.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            hahaha I didn't actually read it, too long. It just looked really well thought out.
            Half of it is what I said. He just didn't tag it with quotes.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Half of it is what I said. He just didn't tag it with quotes.
              Well that's why I thought it looked well thought out! haha

Comment

• I probably would have to take the guy with the most talent. That's Randolph. He's only 21. If he were in this draft he would probably be a top ten selection. If James Johnson were in this draft he would probably be top 15. Weak draft, guys.

Comment

• JJ is a Boss, i'd take him over AR.

Comment

• 13 Games Into His Raptors' Career

8 PPG, 48.3FG%, 4.8REB, 2.5AST, 1.1STL, 1.4BLK

In his last five...
                    8.4PPG, 50FG%, 5.4REB, 2.4AST, 1.2STL, 1BLK

"That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

In his last five...

Really good and cheap addition. He does pretty much everything on the floor, apart from scoring obviously. But his defense is good, and his effort too. I already like him very much, Julian Wright who?

Comment

• Yeah, really though. I still think they should keep Wright if they can get him for the vet minimum.

Comment

• With the amount of kids that seem to be going back to college for next year this draft could be a real crap shoot late in the first round, maybe BC had a feeling this would happen and got out when the time was right.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

In his last five...

2006-07 Toronto NBA 67GP 60GS 28.5MIN 42%FG 34.2%3P 73.1%FT 4.9REB 1.9AST 1.2STL 0.2BLK 8.5PPG

Above are Garbo's numbers. Maybe he can be our starter next year. Every lineup needs a glue guy.

Comment

• Yeah. I hope so. I hope he's a long time part of core if this guy is the real James Johnson.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                2006-07 Toronto NBA 67GP 60GS 28.5MIN 42%FG 34.2%3P 73.1%FT 4.9REB 1.9AST 1.2STL 0.2BLK 8.5PPG

Above are Garbo's numbers. Maybe he can be our starter next year. Every lineup needs a glue guy.
                                He doesn't have that thing, not sure what it was, that Garbo had. But he definitely plays with energy and is already our best defender.

Comment

Working...
                                X