Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Jealous?
    Dude, you guys have been stroking each other's c**ks so hard its like cyber throating.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• So I guess a little jealous.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Why would they have sat Artest, though? Artest was good enough to play right away. You're really reaching with your arguments. They sat Johnson because they didn't feel he was good enough to crack the rotation. Artest was a good player the moment he stepped on the court.

With that logic, they could have sat Tim Duncan the first two years. Of course, why they'd sit Tim Duncan is beyond me, but so is the logic in your argument.
        Tim Duncan is leagues above Ron Artest. Bringing that name into the mix doesn't really prove anything imo. Comparing JJ to Artest is a lot more realistic. Artest may have been better coming out of the gate but that doesn't mean JJ can't become just as good with time. Although a small sample size, his numbers have been pretty good and he's shown to be competent in many facets of the game.

Also, the Bulls are already stacked. The argument that he's not a good player (or won't be) doesn't work because he wasn't on their list of priorities. When you're "retooling" to become a serious championship contender you think about what you need, and they didn't need JJ at SF.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          Tim Duncan is leagues above Ron Artest. Bringing that name into the mix doesn't really prove anything imo. Comparing JJ to Artest is a lot more realistic. Artest may have been better coming out of the gate but that doesn't mean JJ can't become just as good with time. Although a small sample size, his numbers have been pretty good and he's shown to be competent in many facets of the game.

Also, the Bulls are already stacked. The argument that he's not a good player (or won't be) doesn't work because he wasn't on their list of priorities. When you're "retooling" to become a serious championship contender you think about what you need, and they didn't need JJ at SF.
          But Artest wouldn't have sat his first two years on this Chicago Bulls team. He was simply too good. That's the point. It's a ridiculous argument to say that we'd feel the same way about Artest if he'd sat his first two years. The thing is he wouldn't have sat his first two years on any team, because he was too good. I like James Johnson, but Artest at 20 (when he entered the league) was far better than James Johnson at 22 (when he entered the league).

Yes, Tim Duncan is far, far better, but the basis of the argument is the same. It's illogical because neither player is going to sit.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think Johnson is a decent prospect, and I'm optimistic about him, but he's still got a lot of work to do on his game and he's 24. I'd think a lot differently if he were 20-21. I do look forward to seeing how he progresses, and I think it was a very good deal for the Raptors to get him.
            I thought the same thing but playing time is very important when a young player develops.He just didn't have that.I agree it was a heck of a deal for us and I wouldn't mind him as out SF if he continues to improve,which for some reason I believe he will.I also like how he plays the game and that he looks like he cares.And some insurance for us is the fact that in next year's draft there are going to be plenty of SFs.We'd still probably have Kleiza...which I am not sure is a good thing or a bad thing.I just can't make up my mind about him.

Comment

• JJ just needs to take those Dorsey steroids and he will be fine.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• We are going to have to merge James Johnson threads like we do Bargnani if this keeps up.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Count me in on the J.J. support team. I've posted consistently on this forum in his favour. His defensive numbers, no matter how you slice them, are outstanding. When you see that those numbers are acheived while playing on an epically bad defensive team, they become that much more impressive. His weaknesses - lack of a jumpshot and inexperience - are the two easiest weaknesses to overcome. Jumpshots improve very easily with good coaching and repetition. Inexperience...well, the guy's played all of one season and change. I've got no problems whatsoever sticking with him next season as the starting 3.

Comment

• Also, definitely merge the J.J. threads.

Comment

• BC can't trade James Johnson now, he gave him a starting job and if he takes it away and sends him shipping to a playoff team, BC will need to bodyguards because JJ will woop his ass.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Can James Johnson Be the Raptors Future Starting Small Forward?

James Johnson seems to be overlooked by a lot of people... he actually has a lot of potential.

Here's an interesting article on the topic:

http://www.raptorscage.com/20110714-...small-forward/

What do you guys think?

P.S if this is considered spamming feel free to delete it

Comment

• Does he have the potential to be a starting calibre small forward? Sure. He's certainly got the skills, size and the athletic ability. Will he be the future starting small forward for the Raptors? That depends no only on whether he works hard, but on circumstances. Will the Raptors draft a small forward high in the lottery next year? Will he be better than Johnson? I think he'll probably be this coming season, if there is a season, but I think it's impossible to predict after that.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I like what James Johnson brings to the table. In my opinion if he lost some weight and got stronger as well as worked very hard on his game in the offseason he could be a very good player coming off the bench. In the short term I can see him starting for the raptors until they eventually draft their small forward of the future. Knowing colangelo he may not want to wait until the draft and he may trade for one. I for one am curious to see what happens. For now JJ is a keeper.

Comment

• Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
                              I like what James Johnson brings to the table. In my opinion if he lost some weight and got stronger as well as worked very hard on his game in the offseason he could be a very good player coming off the bench. In the short term I can see him starting for the raptors until they eventually draft their small forward of the future. Knowing colangelo he may not want to wait until the draft and he may trade for one. I for one am curious to see what happens. For now JJ is a keeper.
                              Very much agreed.

James Johnson reminds me very much of Diaw when he was sent to PHX from ATL.

Stephen Brotherson had said in some of his chats on HW that JJ had lost more weight this summer. Lets hope he also is working on his jumper.

Comment

• I agree that he needs to work on his jumper. The thing that makes me optimistic is the fact that he seems to take his Karate very seriously. The discipline acquired from Karate is something alot of people apply to other aspects of their life. He certainly has the skills and is a proven competitor so I'm confident he will keep improving. However if presumably the Raps have a high draft pick next year and are in the position to draft any of Sullinger, Barnes or Perry Jones best believe JJ we will be coming off the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X