Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is BC trying to Surround Bargs with athletic Players ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BC trying to Surround Bargs with athletic Players ?

With the addtion of James Johnson it sure looks like it, u look at the starting line up JC, DD, JJ, Amir without including JC can he hide Bargs's weaknasses by sourrounding him with good defending and rebounding players ?
    Last edited by Top5Pick; Thu Feb 24, 2011, 07:50 PM.

First off we are not building around Bargnani, Andrea is just one piece, not "the" piece. Is BC trying to build a team that can take advantage of what we have, sure, what GM doesn't? I liked Johnson's potential coming out of college, he has a decent frame for the 3 spot and could turn into a nice glue guy. It looks like we have 2 scorers in DeMAr and Andrea, filling out the roster with defenders, shooters, rebounders, and 3 option guys is what is being done. If the draft works out we may get a top tier player to take more pressure off the other players we have. We don't have a superstar so we build a team not a one man show.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

He better not be building around Bargnani, but trying to implement useful players in this team "system"... *shudders*.

Bargs is looking like an UN-injured version of Kieth Van Horn, without the terrible experience of dealing with Stephon Marbury. Basically someone who is over 6'10" and shoots jumpers and scores 20pts a game. I'll accept it. He sucks at rebounding and another player must get the rebound, but it would help if Bargs "tried" to get a rebound or "box out".

There is never any player in the league that can carry a team full of D-League scrubs and win a playoff series. Michael Jordan couldn't do it alone either.

You need to hope the Raptors can develop two or more All-Stars down the road through draft and development. Not one-time All-Stars, I'm talking about 4 to 5 time All-Stars when playing on the Raptors.

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
        With the addtion of James Johnson it sure looks like it, u look at the starting line up JC, DD, JJ, Amir with out including JC can he hide Bargs, weaknasses by sourrounding him with good defending and rebounding players ?
        That has been the theme of a number of threads and posts.

I do not think it is a secret he is tyring to build an athletic team. I"m not sure I've heard an interview with him in the last year that did not mention athleticism. It is also my opinion that BC is a smart guy who realizes his plan with the Raptors has not panned out. There is definitely a new plan in place.

I'm also not convinced the team is being built AROUND Bargnani versus being built WITH Bargnani as a piece. He is not paid like a franchise guy. He is the most skilled player on a bad team right now.

It is performances like last night that make me giddy about the Raptors future. It is performances like 2 nights ago that make me shudder - amazing what 24hours can do to a person.

Personally, I don't want to see Bargnani go - yet. I'd like another season to see what happens with the re-build and new approach that, in my opinion, BC has taken.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          First off we are not building around Bargnani, Andrea is just one piece, not "the" piece. Is BC trying to build a team that can take advantage of what we have, sure, what GM doesn't? I liked Johnson's potential coming out of college, he has a decent frame for the 3 spot and could turn into a nice glue guy. It looks like we have 2 scorers in DeMAr and Andrea, filling out the roster with defenders, shooters, rebounders, and 3 option guys is what is being done. If the draft works out we may get a top tier player to take more pressure off the other players we have. We don't have a superstar so we build a team not a one man show.
          I agree with your thoughts. I'm not trying to start a Jose bashing thread but a solid defender at PG (i.e. a PG that does not extremely frequently give up dribble penetration) plus who can score and pass would be wonderful for this team.

Kyrie Irving?

"Defensively, Irving won't have any problems from a physical standpoint in the NBA, as he has good size, strength and lateral quickness, even if his wingspan probably won't measure out off the charts. He's already way ahead of where most freshman are on this end of the court too, as he plays with good intensity, has excellent fundamentals, and shows great timing jumping in the passing lanes. Like all freshmen, he has some issues defending off the ball and can get impatient coming out of his stance in long possessions, but these are minor qualms that can and likely will be corrected playing under one of the most respected coaches in all of basketball."

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1Eu5HGU7R
          http://www.draftexpress.com

Comment

If he's knees are good i wan't enes kanter, you don't often find players like him. But i also wan't irving, if colangelo could orchestrate a trade for a draft pick that would net us both kanter and irving this would be an exciting team to watch.

Comment

pran wrote: View Post
              If he's knees are good i wan't enes kanter, you don't often find players like him. But i also wan't irving, if colangelo could orchestrate a trade for a draft pick that would net us both kanter and irving this would be an exciting team to watch.
              why do you keep putting an apostrophe in "WANT"? not to be the grammar police or anything, but don't do that.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                why do you keep putting an apostrophe in "WANT"? not to be the grammar police or anything, but don't do that.
                What if he wan't's to though?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  What if he wan't's to though?
                  exat'ly...i thi'nk we shou'ld be ab'le to put tho'se dam'n thi'ngs every'where!
                  TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Last night's game was tons of fun to watch, hopefully it wasn't a mirage. It'd be tough to replicate though, because Bayless was the only player to have a bad game. There really is only two players in the draft that I want now and that is Irving and Noguiera (the best centre in the draft IMO).

Hopefully, this group stays tough and finishes strong in the second half. I strongly believe that with one addition and this core developing, we may have something to get excited about.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                      you can't see it, but i'm angrily shaking my fist in your general direction...

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        you can't see it, but i'm angrily shaking my fist in your general direction...
                        I sensed a disturbance in the force.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                          That is some funny sh!t there.

Comment

I agree with this thread. Bargnani is a awkward fit for this team, but he is a valuable offensive player. With Ed Davis, Demar, Bargs we have the starting of a solid young starting lineup.

I agree with getting a defensive point guard that can pass and manage the game. I would say a Charlie Ward type player (great defensively and manages the game, not a scoring threat)

At the 3 spot I would love to see someone like Gerald Wallace. A defensive, rebounding, and offense contributer. Not crazy offensive stats, but someone that makes up for Bargs shitty rebounding skills and defends good SF's.

The scoring in the starting line up would mostly come from Demar and Bargs, and a bit from the SF position.

I hope this is what Colangelo is trying to build.

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
                              With the addtion of James Johnson it sure looks like it, u look at the starting line up JC, DD, JJ, Amir with out including JC can he hide Bargs, weaknasses by sourrounding him with good defending and rebounding players ?
                              You can't hide a big man who's a defensive liability. You can try and make up for it, but it will always be exploited at the worst time, especially in the playoffs. It's great if people want to keep Bargnani and try to utilize his strengths, but a team where he plays a large role will always be at a disadvantage in the playoffs. And I"m not fine with that.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X