Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We Done With The Euro-Centric Drafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I made reference to his athleticism after a comment referring him to Hoffa 2.0. They are about as different as different players as they come. Good points on the other players and the basketball IQ.
    to be fair, the hoffa comparison was made by me, and i'm serious like 2% of the time

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Bull shit alert. Bull shit alert. Code red.
      Code BROWN would have been awesome there. lol

Everything else in the post was spot on.

Comment

Shouldn't this be in the Draft sticky?

Comment

pran wrote: View Post
          actually no, colangelo was the one that hyped him up, and that's why his stock rose.
          There was no clear #1 consensus pick in 2006. He was high on many mock boards. Would you have preferred the next Larry Bird, Adam Morrison?

Comment

There was no clear #1 consensus pick in 2006. He was high on many mock boards. Would you have preferred the next Larry Bird, Adam Morrison?
            everytime i hear that name, i imagine smitch and colangelo talking, and smitch being like "bro.... dude cries"

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
              Uroš Slokar - played 20 nba games. returned to Europe
              Roko Ukić - drafted by us in 2005. played for the Bucks in 2008. returned to Europe
              Albert Miralles - drafted by us. his rights have changed hands repeatedly.
              Edin Bavcic - drafted. rights now owned by the 76ers

The issue is that they do not show up. So under the possibility that you could find a steal is that you might not even get a player.
              If you're really bored I recommend looking up ANY team's draft history in the 2nd round and let me know how many of those player's worked out and had good NBA careers.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                despite the thread title, this has less to do with the draft and more to do with honkies.

Comment

Roko Ukić - drafted by us in 2005. played for the Bucks in 2008. returned to Europe

The issue is that they do not show up. So under the possibility that you could find a steal is that you might not even get a player.
                  They're all second round picks. Most second round picks don't last in the NBA, if they make it at all. No matter where they are from.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    despite the thread title, this has less to do with the draft and more to do with honkies.
                    I'm putting this on the other 98% leger?

Comment

I'm putting this on the other 98% leger?
                      while they are admittedly me making a joke, my honkie comments are also a satirical reference to the idiocy of alot of the "euro" comments..

Comment

No more Europeans. Go ahead and draft a chinese player but no Euro

Comment

Drafted by Rob Babcock.

Drafted by Rob Babock.

Drafted by Rob Babcock.

Drafted by Colangelo upon request of the 76ers and then traded to seal the deal.

None of those guys have anything to do with Bryan Colangelo. The only one he did select he did so with the purpose to trade him to a team who wanted him. I can name you 100 2nd round American born players who never even played one NBA regular season game but I don't expect a cookie for it.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          No because I don't want to taint a good thread with this nonsense. This is more a social issue than a basketball issue in my honest opinion.

Comment

rigth now it's terrence jones.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Drafted by Rob Babcock.

Drafted by Rob Babock.

Drafted by Rob Babcock.

Drafted by Colangelo upon request of the 76ers and then traded to seal the deal.

None of those guys have anything to do with Bryan Colangelo. The only one he did select he did so with the purpose to trade him to a team who wanted him. I can name you 100 2nd round American born players who never even played one NBA regular season game but I don't expect a cookie for it.

No because I don't want to taint a good thread with this nonsense. This is more a social issue than a basketball issue in my honest opinion.
                              I knew some of them were Babcock. And did not realize the last one was directly for the 76ers. Add Bargnani and it seemed to represent a culture in the Raptors that has been consistent, if not in the last 2 drafts. The explanation, that had been brought out in past, was that it was often hard to get US players to come to Canada. Therefore maybe the answer was in Europe, the South Americas or elsewhere. Even bringing in Turkuglu was partially due to the large Turkish population in Toronto. They felt it would make an easier transition to playing here.
                              “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Search him. He's name is Jonas Valanciunas. He's from Lithuani and will torn 19 this year. He's already putting big numbers in the Euroleague

Comment

Working...
                                X