Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHX post game - Jeckyll and Hyde Edition

And there you have it.

One game the Raptors inspire so much hope and optimism, the next I want to rip my heart out and mail it to the ACC locker room so they can give it a proper stomping.

INCONSISTENCY

Nash showed what a great player and leader does. His stat line is not impressive but if you watched the game you know what he did. Gortat must be loving Otis Smith for sending him to PHX.

James Johnson was active but hardly the presence he was vs. Chicago. That is probably not surprising. Only 2 games in, judgement still being formed.

The defense had more holes than swiss cheese tonight. I'll leave it at that. Everyone shoulders the blame. From Bargnani right on down the roster. PHX ran a clinic in team offense and sharing the ball.

23 games left.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Feb 25, 2011, 10:52 PM.

You know what, the Chicago game was too good to be true but here's the real breakdown:

James Johnson was traded to one of the worst teams in the league. The former team happens to be in town for a game with the Raps. The young troops had no choice but to give JJ some temporary love by saying, "Hey, we're not as bad as what your former team thinks". So, they play their asses off and JJ saved face.

What they forgot to tell JJ was the fact that they turn off effort like a switch much like tonight's game. Plain and simple. Welcome to Rapland JJ (where your MMA skills may come in handy in four weeks' time).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Calderone and Bayless. Way to suck. This is the old Calderone who just disappears against the best. Thanks for the flashback. How can you not challenge Nash on the offensive end?

@#!#$#$@#$
      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

I still don't see how Sonny a) didn't start b) never played any serious min in the first half (like 5 min or something?) He shot 73% in the last 2 ****ing games (9-13 then 4-5)!!!!!!!! We couldn't hit shots in the first/2nd quarter if our life depended on it.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          I still don't see how Sonny a) didn't start b) never played any serious min in the first half (like 5 min or something?) He shot 73% in the last 2 ****ing games (9-13 then 4-5)!!!!!!!! We couldn't hit shots in the first/2nd quarter if our life depended on it.
          He has 2 good shooting games and he should start? I'm all for seeing what James Johnson can give us. He could be really good, and we already know what Weems can give us: a bad impression of Kobe.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life, Sonny played 11 minutes and managed to shoot 0-5. Maybe that's why he didn't play more.

And secondly, we as a team shot 50%, so it wasn't our offense that needed help. It was our LACK OF DEFENCE, particularly on 3pt. shooting that killed us. That and stupid fouls.

Comment

Even a Blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

Chicago game was a fluke. This games showed us what we really have. What is the talent level of this team ?
              What are guys like Amir Johnson, James Johnson, Bayless and Acijna are all about !!!

Face it guys, we have a team full of scrubs.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                He couldn't defend a toddler that's why. He's a liability on defense when his shots don't fall down. The last two games is an aberration, nothing more. JJ is far more suited to start because of his ability to defend and rebound. We just put up 118 against Chicago. What was missing tonight was not offense but defense. Look, if the shots were falling down, we can play normal defense (you know 105 pts given up a game). However, if the team is struggling to score, they're only hope of winning is to raise their level of defense (they are capable of effort in this side of the court). If they can defend, they can get the shooting stroke back. If not, it's a 83-87 loss which is a type of loss that I prefer any day. At the beginning of this season, I said that it wouldn't matter if the team lost 60 games for as long as they're not giving up more than 100 points per game. It's all about effort.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                  RaptorsFan4Life, Sonny played 11 minutes and managed to shoot 0-5. Maybe that's why he didn't play more.

And secondly, we as a team shot 50%, so it wasn't our offense that needed help. It was our LACK OF DEFENCE, particularly on 3pt. shooting that killed us. That and stupid fouls.
                  He couldn't get a rhythm because he played like 6 min in the first half.

I do agree it was D but our O (outside of Bargs (80%) and Demar(55%)) was pretty trash especially in the first quarter.

Comment

I've seen scrubs make about 3 points in 6 minutes, don't give me that BS. and no, they weren't the only two players shooting well. AJ shot 4/7, ED shot 5/7, Barbosa shot 7/13, we had 5 players in double digits, thats more than enough on offense. Our team played acceptably in offense, but it was our defense that killed us.

Look at the stats, Field Goal wise, we made practically the same number of buckets as them, albeit with even less possessions than them. What killed us was that they got 5 more threes and got to the line 11 more times. Both of those numbers reeks of bad defence.

Please, get off Sonny's d***. EVERYONE on this team played horrible defense, and no amount of offense or nice fantasy stat lines make up for the fact that we lost a winnable game in an atrocious fashion.

Comment

For the chicago game we just got lucky and they came out rly flat.... they beat the Heat the very next day....

And as for us, offense was fine, our D was atrocious (but tats sorta normel) but wat really killed us were the rebounds, they had 11 more, offensive rebounds were more for em too, we also turn the ball over more.

In turn we shot 50 percent, they shot 47 percent, but they had more shots than us, as well as free throws being i thingh about 10 more as well...

Offense was fine, everything else was shyt, which in turn means we were out of it for the entire game...... and no Weems would not have helped.....

Comment

Offense wasn't "fine" in the first quarter. We put up 14 ****ing points. We came out extremely flat. If you look at the scoring we either kept it close or outscored them in every other quarter but the first. The reason we lost was because of a lack of offense right out of the gate. On top of that we were also turning the ball over and getting out rebounded.

BTW When is Reggie coming back?
                        Code:
                                  1	  2	  3	  4	T
                        ------------------------------------------
                        PHX	 35	 25	 26	 24	110
                        TOR	 14	 28	 20	 30	92
                        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Feb 26, 2011, 01:39 AM.

Comment

scoring only 14 pts wouldn't have matter if we had been able to keep them from scoring 35 points. If we had let them only score even 25 points this would have been a doable game, or atleast it would have been a loss by 8 points. face it, this game had very little to do with offense, we didn't come out to defend the first quarter, and after that, phoenix was content with just trading buckets with us for most of the game.

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                            Please, get off Sonny's d***. EVERYONE on this team played horrible defense, and no amount of offense or nice fantasy stat lines make up for the fact that we lost a winnable game in an atrocious fashion.
                            Thank you for saying that. RaptorsFan4Life is obsessed with Weems, it's actually getting out of hand. He thinks everything can be solved by putting Weems on the floor.

Comment

No the offensive prob would of been solved. Going into the game Weems had the hottest hand from all the Raptors. If he didn't start o well, he should of at least been put in when no one could score on the team and the score got out of hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X