Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Near Triple-Double for a Near Second Rounder. Hustle beats out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near Triple-Double for a Near Second Rounder. Hustle beats out.

Sorry to start another one, but this guy is proving any doubters wrong on a nightly basis. 7 Rebounds, 7 Assists and 8 points, is nearly EXACTLY what I'd like to see from my SF on a nightly basis. Now perhaps he can't do it every night, but the thing I like about James Johnson.. You KNOW he's going to try. With him, Amir and Ed, the hustle and Energy is getting Contagious.

I'd like to see some more points but I do love what he's doing for the most part.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Too bad, they ran out of gas by the second quarter. This is proving some people's point that Bargs would be deadly coming off the bench to provide much needed scoring once the second unit comes in. Davis and Amir was no match against Chandler and Dirk down low. They did show tremendous promise off the gates but again a deadly scoring bench player could've continued the onslaught to keep the lead while the starters rested.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        I'd like to see some more points but I do love what he's doing for the most part.
        I'm not sure he was brought in for his scoring. I think he is quite comfortable shooting the 18 footer and it just wasn't really falling for him, but I think once him and Demar put some time in together in the gym, they're going to be pretty 'sick, wicked and nasty'. But I think his hustle and his defense (and apparently his passing. Dude showed awesome court vision tonight.) are what will seperate him and earn him some playing time.

Comment

Is anyone now doubting Wright and Weems are done in Toronto?

Comment

hahah Wright is a complete after thought at this point. Johnson is the far superior athlete, has shown far superior court vision (one of JuJu's 'strengths') and has shown far superior Defense (another one of JuJu's so called 'Strengths'). I think his jump shot is going to be ALOT better as well one he settles down and gets in his reps. His mechanics on his shot make JuJu's look like a grade schooler. And thats saying alot. haha

Comment

He'd be NICE if his jumper wasn't so broken. Love how he kept looking off Jose though.

Comment

Weems needs to get more time. This is complete bullshit, the team is going through a drought and Triano doesn't put one of the highest % scores on this bloody team. Not only that but he has potential and is very atletic. He should bet getting 24-25 MPG minimum not >15MPG.
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Feb 27, 2011, 10:09 PM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  Weems needs to get more time. This is complete bullshit, the team is going through a drought and Triano doesn't put one of the highest % scores on this bloody team.
                  Weems was turning it over like CRAZY tonight. Though I might normally agree with you, tonight he was not the guy to save us.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Weems was turning it over like CRAZY tonight. Though I might normally agree with you, tonight he was not the guy to save us.
                    Giving him a shot would of been better then not doing anything which we did and lost the game. He played like 4 min before "garbage" time.

Comment

juss wanna point out jose had 15, 8, 8 i think it was, and he wasn't drafted at all... juss sayin

And, yah james johnson, not bad bttr fit than weems in the startin line up, don know if im comfortable for him to be a full time starter of the future though, its been 3 games no need to rush it, we got a couple dozen games left i think to see if he can do this consistently for teh year, rather have him on the bench though, just sayin.... again

Comment

If weems would stay on for cheap i think he's fine as a bench guy. I dont see many teams overpaying him either.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
                          juss wanna point out jose had 15, 8, 8 i think it was, and he wasn't drafted at all... juss sayin
                          Big fan of Jose. Love how he came out gunning against Kidd. He's probably been the most consistent presense on the team for the last few months now. And one of the most underrated players in the league. #5 in assists and #1 in Ast/To and #3 in Ast/48. While giving us over a steal per game. Solid.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            Giving him a shot would of been better then not doing anything which we did and lost the game. He played like 4 min before "garbage" time.
                            I'm pretty sure we're going to dump weems and wright since we got johnson. And we will probably pick up another Sf and PG(hopefully irving)from the upcoming draft.

Comment

Raptorsfan4life....Weems played 4 minutes BEFORE the half and got in 1A, 2 TO's...THEN, he played another 6 minutes and managed to get 3 points.. (hey, 1, 2, 3, cool.) it seems to me that at this point, Weems has lost a lot of his confidence, but just injecting him into the starting line up isn't going to cut it. It's like guys like Jarret Jack, they apparently "can't" play off the bench...it's BS.

that being said, I don't giving him a few more minutes in games like this either, since there's no way we're making playoffs, at least let's give him time to either prove himself or prove us doubters right.

As for JJ, I liked how he played, didn't like that he got 12 shots, especially since he only made 4...I REALLY would have liked to see ED get more looks, getting 6 shots in a game like this is sad, considering guys like Bayless got 8....

Comment

Working...
                              X