Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade the Draft Pick for the Rights to Rubio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    somthing I would love to see is calderon go to clippers for their 1st rounder, and then maybe lure rubio's rights from minni for it-or am I just getting ahead of myself
    LAC traded their 1st rounder to CLE as part of the Baron Davis/Mo Williams deal.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      I personally think you're going a tad bit overboard. Which is fine.But I don't think he's THAT much better the Kyrie. If he was, he wouldn't have fallen to #5 in his draft. He is VERY good, but I don't see him coming into the league and even having as much or the kind of impact that Stephen Curry had.

It's not abnormal for guys to be playing pro ball when they are 16 years old in Euroleague. Andrea did it.

And he started starting over Jose ONLY when Jose went down with the Hammy injury. Jose is willingly playing a smaller role in the National team as his body can't handle to wear and tear.

But don't get me wrong. He's good and he will be good. I don't think anybody knows just HOW good.
      Rubio is a lot better than Irving. A lot. He fell to #5 because of his buyout clause everyone was scared of. He has the best court vision of any player under 25 in the world IMO, and is a great passer. He can't score, but he makes up for it with how he makes others around him better. He'll have to shoot far less in the NBA though. And he will have A LOT more impact than Curry. Curry is just another scoring PG, a player like Rubio is extremely rare. Name me other players with his PG skills, and the players you can compare him to are Nash, Kidd, Paul etc...

Rubio is guy, if available we should pounce. Because a PG like Rubio won't come up for a very long time... He is very underrated in the US...

Comment

i'd rather have Irving, but the way things are now those bastards in cleveland might get him. I hate the Cavs why can't they just win for once. Maybe a miracle will happen on draft day and we win the lottery and get the first pick!!!

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          i'd rather have Irving, but the way things are now those bastards in cleveland might get him. I hate the Cavs why can't they just win for once. Maybe a miracle will happen on draft day and we win the lottery and get the first pick!!!
          Interesting to note though, since 1990 the worst team has won the lottery only 3 times!! The 2nd worst has only won it 4 times. That's 7 out of 20! When you think about though it makes sense: worst gets a 25% chance to win, which means a 75% chance they will not. Ultimately we want to be in the top 3-5 in chances to win the lottery, not so much the top 2.

Comment

We still want to be as high as possible
            Even if the number 1 team has not won very much, they still have the greatest chance of winning the draft

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
              I was thinking about this a few weeks ago. i think if we dont get in a possition to get irving and we can get someone that Minni wants. Id be interested in trading the pick for rubio.
              I tihnk everyone in the NBA knows that rubio will never go to minni. he would have gone by now... kahn, its not happening.
              imagine if minni has the 1st overall pick and irving is just sitting their in his suit...

minnesota drafts like there 7th pg in the last two drafts.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                We still want to be as high as possible
                Even if the number 1 team has not won very much, they still have the greatest chance of winning the draft
                I think your kind missing the point though. If your in last that means you have the worst record and 1st overall pick is yours to loose. Now stats show the team in 5th has won the 1st overall pick more often. So what does this mean? Yes clevland is in last place and should get the 1st pick but they may not ( which would be a BIG deal for them because of the state theyre in this season). and the teams in 2nd, 3rd, 4th(even though stats show the havnt won the 1 overall pick ever) and 5th ( history shows is the best place to be when determining the lottery) , if they get picked to select 1st then great for them and if they get where they are suppuse to draft then no big deal. nothing is garunteed in the " lottery". Just something to think about because i have a feeling that The cavs might get the same fortume that Newjersey got last year. Hopefully we can be as lucky as the wizards and get a 1st overall and proove historical stats to be correct.

Comment

I could see Minni wanting p.jones or something and we select and trade p.jones for rubio and Minni selects irving with the number 1.

then we would have solid Pg's (rubio/jose) and bayless could play more of a 3rd string pg or backup sg (barbosa kinda role) since barbosa will need to have surgery soon anyways and may not stay with toronot after this season.
                  Last edited by pesterm1; Tue Mar 8, 2011, 08:10 PM.

Comment

So you dont want the best chance to get the first pick becuase they have not won it as much?
                    You realise no matter how many times the 5th place team has won it, the 1st still has a better chance?

Comment

yes, but thats not what im saying though. What im saying is it really doesnt matter. If ur supose to get 1st pick and dont then your dissapointed. If your supouse to get a 2,3,4,5 pick and get first then your pumped. cavs have a 25% chance of being 1st overall. They also have a 75% chance of not getting 1st overall. dont look at the lotto as cavs25% vs raps 8.8%i. Look at it as the cavs 25% vs minni, Sac, wash, Tor, 75%. Now who has the better chance??? there wont be a big difference ( especially in this draft) between 2,3,4,5 so if those teams go higher then good for them, if not then the probably wont care. The cavs kinda have the 1st pick and its theirs to loose. The cavs have a bteer chance to be the Raps for 1st pick but they definetly dont have a better chance of getting 1st then the 4 other teams do together.

For example, I remember going to a social that had prizes. My friend put one ticket in of the 10 bags. my mom was also there and she put like 15 tickets each in only three bags. The tickets are picked and my friend ended up winning all three prizes my mom tried to win. Probablility is a crazy tihng ...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        He was voted Best defender in Spain. He must be doing something right.

Comment

Working...
                        X